Thread: [ESL Nosgoth] "How to" for Ladders

[ESL Nosgoth] "How to" for Ladders

[ESL Nosgoth] "How to" for Ladders

For all of our players i wrote a quick guide how to play in the Ladder-System and find opponents for fun/training or...just wanna be the best of the best
    ESL: Nosgoth Page
    LINK to Doc: click me
    ESL-TDM-Ladder-Link: click me
    LIVE SUPPORT: ESL Nosgoth Chat

Live support@
    Tuesday and Thursday (TIME: PST 10am-2pm/GMT 6pm-10pm/CEST 7pm-10pm)

"How To" for Ladders
    Now, here are the steps you have to follow in order to create/accept challenges.

Sign-ups

Q: I have just registered to the Nosgoth Ladder. How is everything going to happen ?
    You have to wait for one admin to check your registration and validate it. As admins also have a real life, it might take some time, so just be patient. You will receive an e-mail when your registration is validated.

Challenge a team

Q: My registration has been accepted, how can I play now ?
    There are two possibilities:
    • Create a challange by yourself
    • Create a challenge through the matchmaker

1. Create a challenge by yourself

For this, simply go to the rankings page, and click the "challenge" link of the team you want to play against. (hint: Contact your opponents through steam before)

You will then be redirected to the matchsetup page, as following:

Once you have defined all the criterias, click send and the challenge will be sent to your opponent.

Notice that your footbar will change, your match will appear in the matchslist with the 3 following areas:

1. Matchchat: click on this area to directly chat with your opponent.
    2. Matchsheet: click here to access the matchsheet of your game where you can upload bans and victory screenshots, enter your result, ...
    3. Matchsetup: You can see the status of your challenge here.

Remarks :

Point 1: left to right -> Match-Chat/Match-Informations/Match-Status

The status of your game, here are their meaning:

• Challenge: The challenge has been sent to the opponent. The opponent can accept/change parameters/cancel the challenge.
    • Open: The challenge and its parameters have been validated by both teams, the game can be played.
    • Closed: Game has been played and results updated + validated by both teams.

Point 2: The matchsheet of your game where you can upload bans and victory screenshots, enter your result, ...

Point 3: The Matchsetup
    If you click on it (matchsetup), you'll get the following screen:

You can see that here, the challenge has been created by Fidji (as all parameters has been accepted by him) and sent to "Buddy" who has not confirmed yet. When Buddy will accept the challenge, all pointers will be green, and the matchstatus will be changed to "open".

Also note that, if Buddy wants, he can change the date, time ... as he wants and send it to confirmation to Fidji who can either accept or change the parameters again, ... until both player agree.

2. Create a challenge through the matchmaker

The advantage of the matchmaker is that instead of browsing the rankings, you can find players that have already set up dates for a game and are just waiting for an opponent willing to face them.
    You're looking for a match on Thursday at 20:00. So you challenge at least three opponents hoping at least one match will be accepted. Sometimes you will get no match for your desired date or three at once, so you have to postpone two of them. The new Matchmaker puts an end to this. From now on you are able to search a match on a specific date!

All you have to do is to enter an appointment at the appropriate ladder for you or your team, when you want to play. The other participants of the ladder will now see that someone is looking for a match at this or that time - however, no one will see who entered the date. If one participant accepts the challenge, the match will be created immediately. It is of course a compulsory match.

Q: How to create an entry ?

It is very easy to create an entry for the Matchmaker, but you can only create entries for the next seven days. You can find the matchmaker here:http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/gl...der/matchmaker

On the matchmaker overviewsite you can see all entries for the next seven days, including your own. To create a new entry you just have to click on "Create new Matchmaker entry" on the day you want to play. Afterwards you are linked to the matchmaker settings site.

On the settings site for a new entry you can select the time on which you want to play and also the time before the entry should be automatically deleted if you don't find an opponent (e.g. if you select "5 Minutes" and create a date for 14:00, the entry will be deleted at 13:55 the same day, when no opponent accepted the entry).
    You can create up to five entries for the next seven days and as soon as an entry is deleted or accepted you can create a new one.
    On the matchmaker overview site you can see your own entries as well and delete them directly.

Once a challenge is accepted

Q: Both players have come to an arrangement and matchstatus is set to open !

It means that you can play the game (respecting the rules specified in the "leagueinfo" tab). Once done, the winner has to go to the matchsetup again, enter a result and rate his opponent. When done, the opponent has to confirm the result and rate the other also.

And as usual, do not forget to upload the screenshots through the "upload a matchmedia" option on the matchsheet.

No tickets will be handled on matchs with missing screenshots.

// Your Admin Team
    Last edited by chriZor; 28th Feb 2015 at 15:10.

Ouh very nice

Hopefully this will clear the ESL Ladder problems^^

Thank u Chrizor
    signature image

Live support@ Steam(ESL|chriZor)/IRC
    Today (TIME: PST 10am-2pm/GMT 6pm-10pm/CEST 7pm-10pm)

Rankings: click it
    Create new Matchmaker entry: http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/gl...der/matchmaker
    ESL Page: http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global
    Last edited by chriZor; 5th Mar 2015 at 08:08.
    signature image

Live support@ Steam(ESL|chriZor)/IRC/TS3
    05.03. Thursday(TIME: PST 10am-2pm/GMT 6pm-10pm/CEST 7pm-10pm)

Matchmaker Overview: http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/gl...der/matchmaker

Matchmaker

Tomorrow, Friday 06.03.15

• 19:00(CEST) : 1 Team
    • 20:00(CEST) : 1 Team

Saturday 07.03.15

• 19:00(CEST) : 1 Team
    • 20:00(CEST) : 1 Team
    • 21:30(CEST) : 1 Team

Last edited by chriZor; 5th Mar 2015 at 20:49.
    signature image

10.03. Today(TIME: PST 10am-2pm/GMT 6pm-10pm/CEST 7pm-10pm)

// chriZor, ESL Nosgoth Admin
    signature image

12.03. Today(TIME: PST 10am-2pm/GMT 6pm-10pm/CEST 7pm-10pm)

Ladder "how-to": http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...74#post2108874

// chriZor, ESL Nosgoth Admin
    signature image

Oh this is very helpful. Thanks!

Hi all. Iam Kerecsen. I Just want to ask what was the original idea in the esl for new teams? Its looks like 100% chance to play with if or zenith and have zero precent to win. My question is. Winning for if and zenith with 55 points are nice? Its not waste of time? And good for the community to loose around the 95% of New teams? I know personally 2 complete teams who stop playing when they loose with 50+ points?? No offense i Just asking these. Kerecsen

Originally Posted by CorDthefat
    Hi all. Iam Kerecsen. I Just want to ask what was the original idea in the esl for new teams? Its looks like 100% chance to play with if or zenith and have zero precent to win. My question is. Winning for if and zenith with 55 points are nice? Its not waste of time? And good for the community to loose around the 95% of New teams? I know personally 2 complete teams who stop playing when they loose with 50+ points?? No offense i Just asking these. Kerecsen
    it would be no problem with a looser-bracket, but without it sucks for every team with a low seed. only solution i could see is to give only the four best teams a locket place in the bracket, and make every other team get a random seed. but i dont know if it would be fair to teams with a seed little bit higher than 4. also it sucks to play every week against the same teams.

Hi, I want to give voice to my thoughts too.
    Do you not think that always locking the 3 better prizes in the better 3 teams is somewhat wrong? My point is that: why can't we have random brakets with a chance of Evil Goats/Iron Fist/DS Zenith to eliminate each other before the semi-finals? Yeah, yeah I know, that in a lot of sports the stronger teams are prevented to eliminate each other before finals or whatever... i think is for a matter of audience: pll wants to see finals with the two best team playing. BUT how many guys could count the audience? 100? Maybe less.
    This current purpose in making brakets is pointless at this state of the game, we need a bigger community, more teams playing esl and locking the 3 bigger prizes in the same 3 teams really kills it. A team can try once, twice, million times but after some tournaments without winning anything everyone would quit.
    A loser Braket will allow completly random matches in my opinion.

This isn't the place to discuss this, but I'll bite.

Originally Posted by CptUncino
    Hi, I want to give voice to my thoughts too.
    Do you not think that always locking the 3 better prizes in the better 3 teams is somewhat wrong? My point is that: why can't we have random brakets with a chance of Evil Goats/Iron Fist/DS Zenith to eliminate each other before the semi-finals? Yeah, yeah I know, that in a lot of sports the stronger teams are prevented to eliminate each other before finals or whatever...
    Not at all, they worked hard to be there, they should be there. Everyone has the potential to do it, they just have to train to do it. Why should they be punished?

i think is for a matter of audience: pll wants to see finals with the two best team playing. BUT how many guys could count the audience? 100? Maybe less.
    It's not about the audience. Even if it was, why deny them from seeing good games as opposed to what could be a stomp? Again, why punish the teams that work hard to do what the do just because a smaller team that doesn't train and put the time and effort into it to win anything? To put it into perspective and on a larger scale, using CS:GO as an example, you're asking a group of friends to make it to finals (that shouldn't be there) just to get stomped by Cloud 9 for example. (I don't know what the top CS:GO team is.) Cloud 9 trains hard, every day, and deserves to be there based on their skill. A group of friends that get together now and again to play a match or two, doesn't. (Unless that group has freakish FPS powers.)

This current purpose in making brakets is pointless at this state of the game, we need a bigger community, more teams playing esl and locking the 3 bigger prizes in the same 3 teams really kills it. A team can try once, twice, million times but after some tournaments without winning anything everyone would quit.
    There are prizes given to people 1-8th place. So it's not like only the top 3 teams are getting prizes. The community should NEVER revolve around ESL anyway. ESL isn't the problem here with the community, I'll tell you that much, and you can research that on your own.

A loser Braket will allow completly random matches in my opinion.
    This is great if we have 8 or less teams. Anything after this, it gets big, complex, and long for what is supposed to be a day cup. On top of that, it gets hard to determine people who come in 8th place for an example. It changes pretty much nothing in the end, besides a longer tournament.

I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm not trying to say "lol get good", I'm saying these teams PRACTICE a LOT, and deserve to be there because they train a lot, possibly scrim, and have worked hard to be where they are. A new team shouldn't get a pass because they are new, if they were serious and wanted to win, they would devote as much time as the other teams do so they can actually compete with them as well. They would learn from their mistakes and watching the other teams, and they will eventually climb if they devote the time. But if they don't, then they will place low each time.

As for seedings, all new teams have random seedings. Only teams that have played before have seedings.

I can completly understand, really...but they are not the only ones practicing a lot, I belive that 90% of the teams, including mine, are tryharding A LOT to get better. I still think that my question is not that dumb... honestly none can play this game for living. It is a for fun thing form my point of wiev. For me there are not enough reasons to prevent them from fighting each other before the semi-finals at this point of the game.
    I am not raging because i want runestones, we won them the last tournament so i'm really fine with that. The thing i want to point it out is that this situation does not encurage teams keep playing. When the game will grow bigger thing can be settled as they are now but, again, at this state of the game is kinda useless.
    Another thing: i'm not a Goats, DS, Iron hater... i'm one of the first guys here tellin' they are on a completly different level atm (maybe more seasoned players, better hardware, better internet, ofc talent and teamplay).
    Never wanted to flame at all, just carrying the worries of some dudes I personally speak with.
    Cheers