Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - February 25th, 2015

Patch Notes - February 25th, 2015

Patch Notes - February 25th, 2015

Vanguard

The Vanguard is now available! Equipped with mighty throwing axes and a shield, the Vanguard can take more punishment than any human class that has come before, but his long range damage potential is limited. His abilities focus on using his shield to disrupt or disable enemies and secondary support powers to enhance or protect teammates.

Unlike other humans, holding down the Right Mouse button with Vanguard activates his Shield Block stance. Shield Block repels frontal attacks, reducing damage taken from that direction by 90% and negating status effects like Stagger. You can only block so much damage, however, and the hit that breaks your block will leave you vulnerable. The amount of damage you can block with your shield regenerates slowly over time.

Matchmaking

• Implemented a priority queue players are placed into when they have been waiting too long to find a match near their MMR. Priority queue players will be paired up with players of a similar MMR and can be placed into a match further outside their skill range, but on opposite teams.
    • Premade parties now matchmake with an increased MMR (above their actual average skill)
    • Matchmaking will no longer place you into a game with a massive score disparity

Balancing

Vampire Movement
    • Movement speeds increased by roughly 5% for all vampires
    • Acceleration rate increased for all vampires (change directions more quickly)
    • Dodge speed bonus reduced to 105%/100%/95% (was 115%/105%/100%)

Vampire Melee

All LMB melee attacks have been re-timed to allow players to either instigate another attack, or resume movement, more quickly without dodging, to allow more flexibility and mobility in melee combat. The animations are unchanged, but the time you are locked into each attack is shorter. In practice, this increases melee attack speed by 10-20% per class, and damage has been reduced accordingly to maintain previous DPS values.

The travel distance of melee has also been reduced slightly in combination with the base movement speed increases (above). In total, this should make melee more responsive and skillful, but less capable of gap closing via button mashing. We will be keeping a very close eye on this change and tuning as necessary based on your feedback.

Tyrant

Ground Slam
    • Animation now happens 10% slower. This reduces a Closed Beta buff that previously increased it to 125% of normal speed. This is an attempt to mitigate the removal of the Global Cooldown indirectly buffing Tyrant combos.

Summoner

Summon Stalkers
    • Stalkers are now leashed to the Summoner and will engage enemies in their line of sight up to their leash distance. When no enemies are present, they will follow the Summoner.
    • Stalker lifespan increased to 10 seconds (was 8) to compensate for this change
    • Significantly reduced the camera shake stalkers cause when attacking a human

Prophet

Disabling Curse
    • Cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 25)

Status Effects

Knockdown
    • Get Up animation plays 10% faster for all characters

Perks

Fleet Footed
    • Sprint Speed bonus reduced to 12% (was 20%)

Sprint Speed (Items)
    • Modifier reduced to +/- 3% (was 5%)

Weapon Spread (Items)
    • Modifier reduced to +/- 5% (was 8%)

Interface

AOE Targeting
    • Improved AOE targeted abilities (Prophet Curses, Hell Strike) to be more reliably targetable. They should no longer "snag" on random objects in the world, instead trying to cast at the ground location you're looking at. If you are looking upwards at a wall, they will try to cast on the rooftop if possible.

Tooltips
    • Added "Status Effect" tooltips to items that cause Stagger, Knockdown, Blind, or Disable
    • Weapons and abilities with firing delays or burst firing mechanics now display a more accurate "Fire Rate" tooltip

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue that caused servers to rarely get stuck in the lobby state and not load into the map when the countdown ended
    • Fixed issue that rarely caused game client to attempt to download large amounts of item information when a match started, potentially causing desync issues with the server
    • Player movement will now interpolate more smoothly during melee attacks and certain ability states
    • Player MMR is no longer visible in the log
    • Summoned pets no longer inflate the Summoner's accuracy statistics
    • Dedicated servers will now be more lenient about kicking players who load slowly into matches
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

AWesome thanks Cat!

(click image to enlarge)

What does the Tyrant change mean?

Are respawns in flashpoint fixed?

Why do You guys make humans even slower? its like with +20% from perk and +5% from item it was hard to run from vampires. and now bonuses has been cutted in half.

Also Hell Strike should have option to not relese till player hold RMB.

Nooooo why change the Tyrant? You didnt even really remove global cooldowns. There is still a delay between moves. Tyrant is the most underused character already. Everyone asks for a buff and you make his move takes longer? cmon guys....

Will post as soon as we're back online. It can take up to 2 hours, hopefully quicker.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    In practice, this increases melee attack speed by 10-20% per class, and damage has been reduced accordingly to maintain previous DPS values.
    Can we please get information on new attack values?

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Vanguard

Perks

Fleet Footed
    • Sprint Speed bonus reduced to 12% (was 20%)

Sprint Speed (Items)
    • Modifier reduced to +/- 3% (was 5%)

Weapon Spread (Items)
    • Modifier reduced to +/- 5% (was 8%)

[/LIST]
    Changes coming in the future patches: Perks have been removed due to how useless they are.

Originally Posted by Necro71
    Are respawns in flashpoint fixed?
    Why do You guys make humans even slower?
    Because they should never be able to outrun a vampire or even rival them for move speed. It was a needed change.

Originally Posted by SquirrelInDaSky
    Changes coming in the future patches: Perks have been removed due to how useless they are.
    +1
    I dont know if i should cry or laugh. And they asks 2400 gold for permament perk :O

quick toughts:

1. nerfing a bit tyrant while many people ask for a buff or at least some modification (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=152380 as an example)... can't understand it. I hope the new way to melee can at least help him.

2. no mention about the bug that doesn't show the experience for 25 lv classes

3. what's the point of "Premade parties now matchmake with an increased MMR (above their actual average skill)"? Its a team based game and you risk to create a big disadvantage to all those players that just want to play togheter without using a voice chat. They will play vs better players and they will not have any type of advantage not using a voice chat. I'm not talking about me personally because my mmr is between 1800 - 2000 but I'm thinking about lower mmr players..they will not have a good time

4. I hoped for something better about summoner.. I still think its terrible playing vs 2 of them. Also we need some advice when hell strike is casted

5. No mention about any change of the scoreboard.. the vast majority of feedbacks seems negative to me

6. Flashpoint is completely broken. Fix?

I'm really curious about vanguard and the other changes.

Originally Posted by XJadeDragoonX
    Nooooo why change the Tyrant? You didnt even really remove global cooldowns. There is still a delay between moves. Tyrant is the most underused character already. Everyone asks for a buff and you make his move takes longer? cmon guys....
    Kind of feel the same, however at least he may feel slightly less sluggish given the tweaks to vamp move speed, and nerf to fleet footed.

The gold maintains you playing the game. I would like the Flashpoint ->Starting Respawn<- to be fixed although the normal respawns are cool to me (despite the fact some ppl complaining) it makes the game more hardcore and in permanent fights.

Although when the point is almost done, if all humans die, they should appear somewhere else instead on top of vampires (almost dead) standing at the point...

You just need to get used to the new scoreboard... Seeing when someone is almost dead with the old version is a disadvantage for the player trying to heal himself (you don't see anyone HP state in other games...)

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    3. what's the point of "Premade parties now matchmake with an increased MMR (above their actual average skill)"?
    The point is whether they decide to use voice chat or not groups tend to operate well together and are generally more effective than their skill level may indicate. The guys that don't have a good time tend to be the rabble playing against the group, this is only fair.

i think the fleet footed nerf sux. and -8% speed isnt enough, vamps r now 5% faster.
    thats means they will get u anyways, no matter what.
    sounds pretty :/
    for me it was cool like it was. sometimes u chased the humans, to the spot where they respawn/over the whole map. u killed the one and may die or u leave it and have 1 less kill.
    those situations wont happen anymore.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 25th Feb 2015 at 16:27.

Sometimes it looks like people who do those changes don't play their own game at all...

ofc they dont :P
    if u sit in an office 8h a day programming this game, do u wanna c it after work at home too? ^^

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    The point is whether they decide to use voice chat or not groups tend to operate well together and are generally more effective than their skill level may indicate. The guys that don't have a good time tend to be the rabble playing against the group, this is only fair.
    what's the difference to play with casual players or play with in game friends without voice chat? There aren't differences imo (other than the fun of playing with someone that you "know"), so I don't see how it can be fair. "tend to operate well togheter".. maybe if you play with the same people very often, but for example I play with many different people and without voice chat is not different than play with casual players.

I would agree. I think the developers should test their game... There are 2 "bugs" on summoners that really show they don't.

1st - when you get killed by Hell Strike, the icon that shows is the disabling curse from Prophet

2nd - when you summon the big minion the "icon target" is the same as the reaver's "pounce"

If they tested the class they should've seen this right after...

It's amazing how everyone's managed to evaluate the new patch before it's even been released.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    It's amazing how everyone's managed to evaluate the new patch before it's even been released.
    you can judge something that have not beeing fixed for example nobody is talking about vanguard or melee changes cause we can't know it..

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    what's the difference to play with casual players or play with in game friends without voice chat? There aren't differences imo (other than the fun of playing with someone that you "know"), so I don't see how it can be fair. "tend to operate well togheter".. maybe if you play with the same people very often, but for example I play with many different people and without voice chat is not different than play with casual players.
    the different is:
    u know each other better than randoms. means u can play better as a team.
    also u know ur mates "can" play, or dont afk, leave etc.
    Last edited by Whalys; 25th Feb 2015 at 14:43.

Please add a 5v5 feature with the private games and fix "FLASHPOINT".

And you will see an OCE league/ladder happening, thanks

Originally Posted by Whalys
    the different is:
    u know each other better as randoms. means u can play better as a team.
    also u know ur mates "can" play, or dont afk, leave etc.
    not convinced.. but it is a valid argumentation.

btw I'm happy we can't see our mmr anymore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last