Thread: sugestions on viable changes to the game! [Supply stations/Shop]

sugestions on viable changes to the game! [Supply stations/Shop]

sugestions on viable changes to the game! [Supply stations/Shop]

Hi!

so i started playing nosgoth maybe 2 weeks ago and iv spent 90h ish ingame, i truly love the game but there is a few things i get sad over that it dosent exist or hasent been changed so i wanted to share my thoughts with this comunity and the developers of nosgoth if they hapend to see this!

Before i start im just going to give you a heads up that my english spelling isent the best but try and keep up!

Healing stations/feasting on corpses!

So almoste every game it will hapen that your healing as a human or feasting as a vampire and at the last second your done, you get sniped and die.. I myself find that kinda anyoing. I would much rather see this part of the game changed to something in the lines of the following.
    HUMANS HEALINGSTATION:
    Lets say every healing station had a total of 1000hp to give out and the station itself had a hp regen so lets say after 3min the station would have had the time to regenerate from 0-1000hp again. So if a human runs to one of these stations to heal, it isent an instant effect after a few seconds but you gain the hp every second you stand there pressing "E", like a cirkle/bar that slowly dropps and your hp goes up! Why im sugesting this is that if you were missing 300hp and dident whant to waste the whole hp station on that little missing, you could go and grab 300hp from it while it still has 700hp left to give to you and then slowly regens back up to 1000hp! The regen timers and the transfer timer/amount between human and station might have to be slowed down for this to work tho, i just find it frustrating that the healing station is empty after i heal from it and it dosent matter if it was 200hp or 1000hp right now.. And you would have to stand there like a free kill still on 5hp for 5seconds so the vampires can come and kill you, but you would have drained hp from the station every second you stod there so you could leave after 3seconds instead of 5seconds and still have gained a few 100hp

I hope you understond all that mess, but i belive it would be alot better system then the one right now, rather slowly take the hp over the time you stand there, not instant after a few seconds, maybe make it take 50% longer to gain the same amount over time as you do in a instant now if your healing from basicly 0, but make it so you can swing by and just grab a few 100hp.
    AMMO FROM SUPPLY STATIONS:
    Dont think i forgot about this part! the ammo should still be instant so after 2 seconds(or something like that) you instantly get full ammo, but you can stay longer if you whant to drain more hp!

NOTE: If this was implemented, the achivemnt of using 100 supply stations should be changed to maybe spending a certin time draining from them, like "drain a total of 5mins from supply stations" or "Drain 10.000hp from supply stations" maybe not those numbers but you get the point.

VAMPIRES FEASTING:
    Basicly im after the same thing here, make it so you gain the hp over the time you do the execution on the corps, not so you gain it all at the same time when your done, that makes it far to hard to get back in the fights, you are a easy target etc. This way you could just do half the feast and run away if they come back and still have gained maybe 300hp which would be better then 0 since you dident have time to finsih the execution!

NOTE: You should still only get the execution xp for the COMPLETED execution, you should not get xp for doing half a execution, gaining 300hp and running away in panic mode!

SHOP-IDEA!
    So i was looking at some skins the other day and thinking of buying some, but i wanted them to match my mysterious items visuall effects and i dident know if they would so then i dident buy any at the time..

My suggestion on this part is that when your in the shop and you click on the skin your thinking of buying and you get up the screen with the hero equiped with that perticuler skin, u can chose to start the visuall weapons effects you own on that specific class to see how it looks with that skin! So if you have the tyrants charge with toxic effect and the tyrents marathon with frost effect, you can chose to start them in the shop when your looking at skins so you could see how the diffrent tyrant skins match the effect, that way you could be sure you bought the right one for your favourite effect and not take a guess and hope you were right..

NOTE: Either make it so you can only see how it looks with the visuall effects you own on that particuler class OR so everyone could view all of the effect on all the classes in the shop, just for fun! That might take away the mysterious exitment for the people that dosent own them yet tho so not sure which way would be best..

I really hope you put this into the game because i think it would encurage more people to buy skins to customise there classes with their favourite visuall effects, atlest i would be alot more interessted in buying skins if i could view it with my visuall effects first so i was sure they matched! And this dosent change anything to the game itself so you should be able to put this into the game without any future problems! It just makes it easier to chose the right skin for you!

well thats all i had for now, i hope the developers read this and rly think it over, my ideas arent perfect yet i know that, but it might be a viable start to some new thing in the game, with some tweeks it should work!

Thanks for taking the time reading this and i hope my english dident destroy all to much..

/Scrawnyscruff

I had a complain i wanted to make about the health stations.
    To me the its too easy for humans to heal in the middle of battle...and why is that?
    Because it take little time to use the health station, and a human can still take 1 or 2 attacks before NOT being able to use the health station.

To me this is unfair in comparison to the vampires feeding, since 1 attack is enough to stop a vampire from feeding.

I would suggest making it take slightly longer for a human to heal (perhaps just 0.6 sec longer).
    And make the human stop healing if he/she is physically attacked.

A few times i was going after a human that was heading for the health station; i get there shortly after he start using the health station...I start attacking him, he takes the damage but still continues to heal anyway and basically i die because this was in the middle of a battle.
    In other words, the humans basically have a "ignore pain" and don't care that they are being attacked while healing

yeah well as i said, my idea isent perfect yet, i guess you could implement so that if your healing at a supply station and a vampire its you, the healing is canceld, you still get some hp from the time uv been there, but as soon as they it you, you stop healing

doing this + my idea on vampires it would eaven out the classes when it comes to healing

Originally Posted by diniro
    Why im sugesting this is that if you were missing 300hp and dident whant to waste the whole hp station on that little missing
    In that scenario, how about just sucking it up and not healing yet?

This method sounds like it'd make the stations too easy to utilize anyway. You're meant to determine who among you needs the heal more, to ration out uses. And you're meant to make sure you won't be murdered while getting to or using the station. Have your team cover you.

So as a vampire, you feed a bit, run back into the fight...Get damaged, run away, feed a bit, run back in...That sounds awful. If it makes you an easy target, don't feed within killing range.

@Omen: Fair point about humans taking multiple hits to cancel a heal.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    In that scenario, how about just sucking it up and not healing yet?

This method sounds like it'd make the stations too easy to utilize anyway. You're meant to determine who among you needs the heal more, to ration out uses. And you're meant to make sure you won't be murdered while getting to or using the station. Have your team cover you.

So as a vampire, you feed a bit, run back into the fight...Get damaged, run away, feed a bit, run back in...That sounds awful. If it makes you an easy target, don't feed within killing range.

@Omen: Fair point about humans taking multiple hits to cancel a heal.
    i get what u mean but i still belive this would make a more interessting,intense and fair game! would change the game completly but i still think it bwould be for the better, since its still beta they could atlest have like 1 day trial and see how it works and peoples reaction.

Originally Posted by diniro
    i get what u mean but i still belive this would make a more interessting,intense and fair game! would change the game completly but i still think it bwould be for the better, since its still beta they could atlest have like 1 day trial and see how it works and peoples reaction.
    Intense is the fear felt in racing toward a distant healing station with a punch's worth of health left. Fair is dying if you're not careful enough in choosing who and when to heal.

I see you using words like "intense" and "interesting" but they mean little until you elaborate as to how this suggested system is more intense or interesting.

Now that raises a good idea for a 'game mode' of sorts. They could create a sort of special lobby where players can test out trial suggestions.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 14th Feb 2015 at 23:14.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Intense is the fear felt in racing toward a distant healing station with a punch's worth of health left. Fair is dying if you're not careful enough in choosing who and when to heal.

I see you using words like "intense" and "interesting" but they mean little until you elaborate as to how this suggested system is more intense or interesting.

Now that raises a good idea for a 'game mode' of sorts. They could create a sort of special lobby where players can test out trial suggestions.
    yeah well a game mode would be better then anything! atlest id liek to try this.. it isent that much coding/programing to make it like this and atlest have a trial for 1-2 days! it would atlest be fun to try this method, wrost case it sucks and we have to endure it for 24h. imo they could make this a trial for 24/48h and then after every game, you have toreview what u thought bout this (1game total per person/per 10 games)