Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: Nosgoth isn't showing in steam library

Nosgoth isn't showing in steam library

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by rawdogmeat4
    I figured asking here while we wait on support may yield an idea we haven't come across yet. Anybody have any ideas we haven't tried? Thanks in advance for any responses; this is getting a tad stressful for both of us.
    Sorry to hear your friend is experiencing issues with downloading the game.

    When they applied the Key to their account did it say "Success"? Also when logging into the SE website (not Steam) - does their account show as Linked? and is Nosgoth showing as an owned item in their SE profile?

    If the answer is yes to the above - and from your list of tried solutions - it would now be time to contact the SE Support Centre. As it looks like you've tried everything reference using Beta Keys.

    Sadly sometimes there can be issues with a users account which causes the set up to fail - and then the only solution is to contact the Techs.

  2. #152
    Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Sorry to hear your friend is experiencing issues with downloading the game.

    When they applied the Key to their account did it say "Success"? Also when logging into the SE website (not Steam) - does their account show as Linked? and is Nosgoth showing as an owned item in their SE profile?

    If the answer is yes to the above - and from your list of tried solutions - it would now be time to contact the SE Support Centre. As it looks like you've tried everything reference using Beta Keys.

    Sadly sometimes there can be issues with a users account which causes the set up to fail - and then the only solution is to contact the Techs.
    I'm gonna assume that since she can log into the Square Enix website using her Steam information, that signifies that her accounts are linked. I actually don't know where else to see if the accounts are linked because on my SE profile, it doesn't even show my Steam account is linked on mine, but I supposedly linked it through the game and am able to play it fine. That would be a No on the other question though. Under her registered games, there's nothing listed, and when I had her try entering the key there, it said it was already used.

    So far no response from Support yet, but thank you for your response.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by rawdogmeat4
    I'm gonna assume that since she can log into the Square Enix website using her Steam information, that signifies that her accounts are linked. I actually don't know where else to see if the accounts are linked because on my SE profile, it doesn't even show my Steam account is linked on mine, but I supposedly linked it through the game and am able to play it fine. That would be a No on the other question though. Under her registered games, there's nothing listed, and when I had her try entering the key there, it said it was already used.

    So far no response from Support yet, but thank you for your response.
    Yes logically it should be working if she can log in using her Steam information - but it is best to check the Steam option is showing as an option on her profile and it is showing as Linked. This can sometimes be missing from here and cause problems.

    To check that Nosgoth is showing - when she's signed in if you go to the top right hand corner and click the down arrow and then the Profile should appear - there should be an image of the Nosgoth logo. If this isn't listed then the game has not been added to her profile. If the key was coming up saying already in use - it maybe the key was faulty...so if possible please check the account linking bit (listed above) and if it is showing Steam. Then maybe try another key through the Redeem a key directions(if you do not have a spare key please let me know).

    If you have chance - there is the option to contact tech support via chat, this though involves you being online during the hours their techs are at work, so it depends on your time zone. I hope this issue can be resolved soon for you.

  4. #154
    Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Yes logically it should be working if she can log in using her Steam information - but it is best to check the Steam option is showing as an option on her profile and it is showing as Linked. This can sometimes be missing from here and cause problems.

    To check that Nosgoth is showing - when she's signed in if you go to the top right hand corner and click the down arrow and then the Profile should appear - there should be an image of the Nosgoth logo. If this isn't listed then the game has not been added to her profile. If the key was coming up saying already in use - it maybe the key was faulty...so if possible please check the account linking bit (listed above) and if it is showing Steam. Then maybe try another key through the Redeem a key directions(if you do not have a spare key please let me know).

    If you have chance - there is the option to contact tech support via chat, this though involves you being online during the hours their techs are at work, so it depends on your time zone. I hope this issue can be resolved soon for you.
    She said that Steam doesn't show up under linked accounts. Mine doesn't show up either, but I'm guessing since I linked mine through the game, it doesn't have to. I will try another key for her, but if it was just a bad key, that kinda sucks that I'll be short a key from the 10 I got from purchasing the Immortal Pack. Just in case though, since there appear to be 3 different links to entering a beta key, which one would you suggest she use? The "unlock", "key redemption", or Adding a new game under her SE profile?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Yeah if Steam isn't showing then this maybe causing the issue- (I'm not 100% saying it's this as I'm no tech) if there is the possibility to amend your work ticket or if not open another stating that Steam isn't showing on the Link page on the Profile and you believe it maybe this issue it may help them solve it quicker. Because of this I now have my doubts if trying another key will work but the best process to follow is through the Redeem page. Hopefully the techs will be able resolve this soon for you.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Alright, so, I'm digging up an old issue myself here, but, I received access to the Nosgoth Beta back in 07/03/2014 (Or, 03/07/2014, for North Americans). This was before you guys started handing out keys. It shows on my account here that I own a copy (again, it's sitting there in my library with the little sign saying when it was registered and for what platform), and I linked my steam account back then. I followed all the steps previously suggested back in March and nothing worked, so I guess I just got frustrated and gave up.

    Any suggestions on what to do from here?

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Signed up for open beta, not on steam, not in Suare Enix games list

    Yesterday (Friday) morning I requested access to the Nosgoth open beta, I registered and activated my account and linked it to my steam account.

    At present the game is not appearing in my steam library. When i search for the game in the steam store it says the game is in my library but when I click play, steam sates checking for updates then returns back to the store.

    On the Square Enix website Nosgoth is not appearing under my games list. Is there any turnaround time after requesting access to the beta or should it be immediately available?

    I have deleted the entire steam installation and re-installed but still it does not show. I have also tried it on my Dad's steam install. He can see it and play it under his profile as he was involved in the closed beta but I cannot see the game, even after adding it manually to my library.

    Thanks
    Last edited by dsman771; 15th Feb 2015 at 17:46.

  8. #158

    Can't see Nosgoth in my steam library

    Hey there everyone. I have a problem with the game. I already linked with the steam acc and when I head into there to download the game it says that the game is already on my library but I can't see it. Also when I hit play it says "searching for steam game's actualizations" and then nothing happens.

    How can I play this game?
    Thanks everyone.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    If you've added it manually and it is still not showing then maybe try a search on your computer and see if anything is showing? If it is I'd uninstall/delete it and manually try to download from Steam panel again. If it still doesn't work that I'd advise contacting the SE Support Centre and hopefully one of their techs can assist.

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Tags for this Thread