Thread: Reaver-Leap attack

Reaver-Leap attack

Reaver-Leap attack

Hello guys! I´m kind of new and pretty much testing anything i get from random drops and lvl up caches. Recently i got Leap attack ability for reaver and i would like to know your opinion on it. I find it pretty good, i like it but i don t know if it is worth having instead of a Pounce. Can you give me your opinions please? And what is the overall best loadout for reaver?
    Many thanks

"Best loadout" is entirely about opinion and also your own skill/enjoyment of various abilities.

Me, I like Leap Attack more. It's only a single hit as opposed to Pounce's multiple and it doesn't look as vicious and cool, but it's great for catching up to targets (it closes the distance to fleeing humans nicely so you can finish them off) and unlike Pounce, you can still move quickly while crouching. So you can traverse the map at speed while making yourself a smaller target. It trades Pounce's more vicious damage output for mobility.

And if you ever grab Haste, this and/or Sweeping Kick will be your best friends.

Leap Attack has long been considered the superior Reaver skill, if you can hit with it. Often, in high-level play the slashing after a pounce is cancelled to prevent extra damage inflicted by the humans. Leap attack reduces that delay. It also doubles as both a movement skill and makes you harder to hit and lets you hug rooftops.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

I prefer savage pounce because of disable. Imho leap attack is good for hit and run tactic only.

Originally Posted by Firehex
    I prefer savage pounce because of disable. Imho leap attack is good for hit and run tactic only.
    You know you can hit and...Keep hitting, right? o.o

Today tryed to play with it...
    Positive sides:
    - Humans miss a lot while i run in crawl mode
    - I can use skill to close gaps without fear of cd
    - Low cd as i stated in previous point
    - Human got stunned for about 0,3-0,5 seconds.
    Negative sides :
    - Low damage
    - 0,5 seconds stun is too low. I got instanly raped in face after leap.
    - After hit reaver seems doing some kind of back jump and i need to do extra attack/roll to close gap between my leaped target to keep attacking.
    - Hit detection sometimes screwed me. Enemy just in front of me - i leap and kiss ground right in front of his legs...This never happened with pounce at close distance.

I will better use kick attack than this stupid ability... Just my experience of using it.

The angle of the jump is flatter with Leap Attack than the pounces. It does take some practice to use appropriately.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

I prefer Leap Attack as well. But I use it probably 7 or 8 times out of 10 as movement/escape rather than an attack. Love the mobility of the reaver class. Throw smoke onto problematic scout or bola/hexer as my team is engaging then come in and help mop up.

TBH It is all personal Pref. I run two set-ups: For when I am playing with a group or doing Matches I run Kick/Smoke Bomb/Shadow Step.Haste is nice but it turns your body a bright purple and says HEY LOOK AT ME(especially in pugs). When I solo que I tend to play more of Leap/Infect Bomb/ and depending on what the other team is playing I will switch between all my secondary Talents.

Reason I don't use Savage Pounce and/or Pounce is because I hate not having control for those few seconds to get Bola/Blind/Hexed/War Bowed and get caught with my pants down. But in a Low MMR setting these can be very strong, but once you get better you will have to adapt quickly to the play style of more skilled players.

I'm not an amazing Reaver but I hope this helps!

Personally I prefer kick since it allows you to get in that burst damage and keep on hitting them.

Originally Posted by miffy141
    Haste is nice but it turns your body a bright purple and says HEY LOOK AT ME(especially in pugs).
    Seriously. For the extra movement/melee attack speed you get, it's almost not worth it. Wish they'd darken it a little bit.

Originally Posted by Aggggh
    Personally I prefer kick since it allows you to get in that burst damage and keep on hitting them.
    Kick is just so strong with good coordination. I play with a Sentinel friend 90% of all my games and a abduct and a kick combo always gets a kill.

Kick is just so strong with good coordination. I play with a Sentinel friend 90% of all my games and a abduct and a kick combo always gets a kill.
    yeah but not half as satisfying as pouncing a kidnap out of the air!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    yeah but not half as satisfying as pouncing a kidnap out of the air!
    Its better landing the pounce only to be war bowed as soon as you land and getting shut down. Abduct dropped into a smoke then kick and GG. Hitting a pounced reaver is extremely easy for a decent scout imo.

Its better landing the pounce only to be war bowed as soon as you land and getting shut down. Abduct dropped into a smoke then kick and GG. Hitting a pounced reaver is extremely easy for a decent scout imo.
    it should be the scout your doing this to
    signature image