Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: new matchmaking system does not work

new matchmaking system does not work

Originally Posted by TapxJames
    Still no games. This is a real poor way to handle matchmaking especially when you pay for items such as boosts and end up not being able to use them because the entire community hasnt caught up to your magical number.
    Heard that. Boosts are active and high MMR players simply cannot play. Pretty annoying.

Another day of empty lobbies...

That sometimes happens to me, try quiting out and coming back in.

Originally Posted by BR0sephStalin
    Heard that. Boosts are active and high MMR players simply cannot play. Pretty annoying.
    Very. Much of my Immortal booster which I saved for months for a good time to use is going to waste. All the while I see steam friends from other games who are new to Nosgoth getting games constantly while I sit in empty lobbies.

Originally Posted by ApollosBow
    That sometimes happens to me, try quiting out and coming back in.
    Anyone having this issue would know that, it is not that simple to solve unfortunately. You just end up back in the same empty lobby every time.
    Last edited by --Ram--; 6th Feb 2015 at 06:35.

This is ridiculous. I'm ready to uninstall because I can't play any matches without an invite...

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    This is ridiculous. I'm ready to uninstall because I can't play any matches without an invite...
    Yep. Still nothing but empties today apart from the time I jumped into a party with some low level people who can play just fine. Carried that game got called "sus" by a camo scout, then they left the lobby and I can't play again.

I don't really enjoy the low level games and I don't feel good about stomping them. I can see why they would want to segregate us and part of me wants to not play with/against that caliber of players at all. I am also in a way glad that lower MMR players are likely getting more games without being stomped by closed beta players.

But I also would like the option to play Nosgoth.
    Last edited by --Ram--; 6th Feb 2015 at 11:23.

Come on...

Matchmaking is broken.
    Lobby is broken.
    Game crashes.

Almost every patch things like that happens, and instead of rollbacking instantly, You guys making us wait so long like it would fix itself and than rollbacking after 5 days... This MM sucks. Sorry, i know you work hard on it, but as it is now, its destroying urs game.
    Right now im waiting 10-30min for a game to start, and im playing with same people all the time, becouse MM has problems to find other players. Nosgoth will never be CS:GO with such a huge players database, thats why ur ranking/ELO or whatever its called, system will always have problems, becouse there are not as much players online, just leave it as it was til you have more players.

Takes ages to find people to play.
    Rollback MM plox, this is not CS:GO with 400k players online, wait with MM rank system till Nosgoth will have bigger player base.

i assume that i prefer the previous one... based on the levels... i'm felling like playing allways whith the same people... thats the reason i come to play some flashpoint... cause i'm tired to play against the same ppl all time..but is just my opinion

trust me the MM is better than it was, i have way more even matches now
    signature image

Originally Posted by Necro71
    Takes ages to find people to play.
    Rollback MM plox, this is not CS:GO with 400k players online, wait with MM rank system till Nosgoth will have bigger player base.
    Hey all, just talked to the team about this -- looks like there is an issue with the MM as of the last update that affects higher-level players during the sorting process, which is why you see thousands of people online playing but could end up waiting a lot longer than you're used to to get into a match.

Barring any problems, it sounds like the fix will go out with next week's patch.

Apologies.
    Jeremy Dunham | Psyonix
    Twitter: @DunhamSmash

Well that explains a lot. It's Saturday and I get to sit in empty lobbies all day by myself in Australia.

Why aren't you pushing a hotfix for this? It doesn't even seem like a client side patch is required, just an update and reboot of your MM systems?

I literally can't play in Aus right now, been playing on West, which was ok at first until I noticed I slide all over humans when attacking them for some reason as a vampire and the attacks don't land.

Might be better at night time when player count goes up, but all the same, mid day on a Saturday and the game is unplayable is pretty ridiculous.

Originally Posted by DunhamSmash
    Hey all, just talked to the team about this -- looks like there is an issue with the MM as of the last update that affects higher-level players during the sorting process, which is why you see thousands of people online playing but could end up waiting a lot longer than you're used to to get into a match.

Barring any problems, it sounds like the fix will go out with next week's patch.

Apologies.
    What about a reset on any boosters used this week? Considering I used a 7 day booster that I got to play a whopping 2 games with because the MM system refuses to match me with anyone reliably.

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3
    Well that explains a lot. It's Saturday and I get to sit in empty lobbies all day by myself in Australia.

Why aren't you pushing a hotfix for this? It doesn't even seem like a client side patch is required, just an update and reboot of your MM systems?

I literally can't play in Aus right now, been playing on West, which was ok at first until I noticed I slide all over humans when attacking them for some reason as a vampire and the attacks don't land.

Might be better at night time when player count goes up, but all the same, mid day on a Saturday and the game is unplayable is pretty ridiculous.
    It isn't just a server side fix unfortunately -- it requires a new client to work properly. And we agree, we'd love to see the fix go out as soon as possible and that's what we're working towards.
    Jeremy Dunham | Psyonix
    Twitter: @DunhamSmash

Originally Posted by DunhamSmash
    It isn't just a server side fix unfortunately -- it requires a new client to work properly. And we agree, we'd love to see the fix go out as soon as possible and that's what we're working towards.
    Shame, well thank you for the update.

..........................................................Sigh. This is really disappointing. Feel free to refresh my scarcely used immortal booster as well.
    Last edited by --Ram--; 7th Feb 2015 at 05:06.

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    trust me the MM is better than it was, i have way more even matches now
    Sure, if you consider getting 3 games in 5 days and being unable to try the new class we have waited months for better.

Last edited by --Ram--; 7th Feb 2015 at 05:22.

Match Making Rating

I'm not sure if any of you feel the same way I do about this change... But I highly dislike it. Open Beta is about seeing new faces, finding new players, making new teams so why make the normal lobby search about skill level? The higher skill levels are never going to see any new players because their MMR is through the roof. I for one don't all the time feel like playing against the best players in the game or playing against partied people. The Match Making system that was put into the game takes all casual play. If you want to make a ladder why not make another lobby and let the people that want the ranks play in there?

I just made a rant about the exact some problem older players are facing and this need to have some sort of fix and fast.

New people don't want to see old players.

My recorded steam game time has now more than doubled the time my profile says I've actually played the game.

Yes, till the game will have a huge players database , matchmaking system must work at the most simple way. MM is getting this game down, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    This. Let them swim in the small tank so they can grow before dumping them in with the sharks.

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Most probably don't but it depends on the new player tbh. I'd rather play with/against people I can actually learn from if I was new.
    Last edited by --Ram--; 7th Feb 2015 at 09:29.

Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last