Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Vampire Clan 'Evolved' Skins – The Deceiver of Clan Zephonim

Vampire Clan 'Evolved' Skins – The Deceiver of Clan Zephonim

Vampire Clan 'Evolved' Skins – The Deceiver of Clan Zephonim

Hi everyone!

I know a lot of you have been very eager to get a look at this art, and the time has finally come to reveal the Deceiver's Evolved skin concept art! Head to the blog now for a run-through of the art, and a bit of background from Daniel Cabuco himself, giving some insight into the design of the skin...

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/vampire-...clan-zephonim/

Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Wow, it looks amazing! Way to go art team and Daniel Cabuco!!!

OMG... I have some itty bitty tears in my eyes.... it is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    signature image

That looks awesome!

(click image to enlarge)

Awesome! One thing I'd add though is the scarification of the clan symbol that can be seen on the Zephonim in SR1. It looks like there's still room on the back/chest.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

well done!! the color and design are absolutely a leal reference to zephonim clan...

Yup... that's a zephonim alright. Looks pretty cool in concept though I don't like it as much as the others, not sure why.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Looks pretty cool in concept though I don't like it as much as the others, not sure why.
    For me that's the best of the evolved skins hands down! But then again, I might be biased as Deceiver is my favourite class. But no, the skin is truly awesome! Will certainly wear it with pride. If only I could also purchase the Zephonim banner in store separately...

The skin looks fantastic, great work! My only "concern", so to speak, is that arms might look a lot skinnier compared to other deceiver models as they have some blade-bracelets as a filler. I understand that this way he looks creepy as hell, relates to LoK better and has spikes in place of blades, but I just hope there won't be too much discrepancy with the models we have currently. Even though long skinny arms is essentially what Zephonim vampires had in SR.

Holy crap that is awesome! They got their little neck flanges back! Also so Zephon's crazy split up face had emerged by this point? So the lieutenants must be pretty far gone, especially the lesser ones.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    Holy crap that is awesome! They got their little neck flanges back! Also so Zephon's crazy split up face had emerged by this point? So the lieutenants must be pretty far gone, especially the lesser ones.
    I imagine Zephon would have this sort of silouette at this point:
    http://lparchive.org/Legacy-of-Kain-...10/sr1-164.jpg

I believe this mural is intended to represent him, considering the four arms, although I still think he'd be able to walk around.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

That's exquisitely creepy, befitting the scariest bastards from the 1999 Soul Reaver game. I love how the arm splits at the elbow, the radius and the ulna beginning to go their seperate ways to form four spider arms.

Holy , I have to comment again xD
    This is totally awesome! I'd totally fall in love with him if he would exist in our part of the multiverse (M-Theory ftw!)
    signature image

BTW, I can't tell from the picture if he has the larger upper canines shaped like spider fangs yet. Will his model have those?

I was really hoping for a mask-less skin this time around, but I really cannot complain as even the mask looks great. GG guys.

amazing! Deciever is quickly becoming my fav class away from Sentinal. I love love love the arms, and the mask mirroring zephon himself is great. scary buggers back then and still scary now. YESSS

It's so, SO FANTASTIC!!

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but surely this is a lot better!! I'm so glad to see at last something about the adult Zephonim skin, and now I can wait to March (barely) without being angry and upset for knowing nothing about him!

I'm so going to wear that skin with my baby! X3

This is the most of a Deceiver's face that I have ever seen in Nosgoth, it is glorious. I absolutely love that his hand and forearms are splitting down the middle, Well Done doesn't even come close to describing how successful this is.

AWESOME although now i have to wait till march ARGGG!!!! well done guys esp DC
    signature image

I was a little disappointed at first to see that the evolved skin has a mask as well,but after reading the lore i kinda like it,and the hands,just awesome:X very nice skin!!!

I totally LOVE this mask!

Offtopic of the day:
    @Saikocat: I dropped you a private message
    signature image

The Evolved Skin looks amazing, can't stop staring at it <3
    signature image

Dem arms

Awesome as always. It's great that Psyonix hired Dan for these.
    AKA RT on Steam and Count D on old Eidos forums

I'm so happy to hear that the majority of people love it as much as we do. One of our amazing concept artists, Jay Zhang, came up with the initial design based on lots of research on the Zephonim, and with Daniel's absolutely expert guidance and direction we were really able to refine it to be something that we all felt represented where the Zephonim would be at that part of their devolvement.

I love it. He looks like Zephon. Great work.

I love it!

Though a part of me wants to see beneath the mask...

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last