Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789

Thread: Summoner Feedback

Summoner Feedback

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I'd prefer more styles of ghouls, like one that launches projectiles when in range or goes kamikaze by detonating once they reach the humans; and a defensive ghoul that works to shield the Summoner from damage.
    I like the sound of a detonating ghoul! That would make things interesting, lol. Have to kill it from a distance.

I think a team benefiting ability would be good, maybe something offensive to go against the grain of what the shield is, like a spell to increase speed of another vamp or damage, but that seems to obvious. Id like to keep the shield slot for team play though.

I think the purpose of the pets are good... Is like deceiver illusions... You dispend a bola on illusions too... So theres no diference... And summoner needs the pets that way to protect themself and atack at the same time... So the porpose are well.

The use of pets are very fun and useful... For example wen you want to kill an isolated human, or wen i am in troubles and want to get out... Take the spirits...
    Last edited by netmota; 8th Feb 2015 at 04:05.

Originally Posted by danielhn147
    The summoner. A new vampire class that has literally 2 unlockable abilities.
    So, I came up with some ideas, because for some reason I keep coming up with ideas.

Rewind (Secondary ability): Upon activation, teleports the summoner to where she was 3 seconds ago. The teleport will be in a shadow step (reaver's ability) fashion. The teleport will happen instantly, and the casting time will only happen once the teleport is done.

Summon Bahamut (Primary Ability): Summons bahamut to carry the summoner with his wings. The summoner will be able to fly the same way as a sentinal till the summon runs off. While flying, the summoner will be able to use her regular attack as well as her special attack. Upon landing on the ground, the bahamut will release a stunning and damaging shockwave and will fly away.

Leave your feedback below!
    Thanks for reading!
    ...The casting time happens after the ability? Then it's not a casting time, it's just cooldown. But I would like a teleport ability of some kind as an alternative to the Abyssal Barrier - NOT an escape utility, just a quick dodge sort of thing. As for rewinding specifically...It could work, maybe. The visual effect should be reminiscent of Melchiah's phasing ability.

...I'm sorry, Bahamut? This is Legacy of Kain, not Final Fantasy (which I love - yes, 13 is a great game), so that just sounds ridiculous right off the bat. Never mind that's just ripping off the Sentinel's flight and (to a lesser extent) dive bomb. If you give humans flight, why do Scouts exist?
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 9th Feb 2015 at 21:39.

My Summoner sugestions:

1) Make "Abyssal bolt" throw animation time faster, because the way it is now its WAAAAAAAAY worse than "Hell Stike":
    Abyssal bolt - 73 years to throw
    Hell Strike - almost instant cast
    And maybe reduce "Hell Strike" damage slightly (375 dmg?)

2) Make us able to choose where our pets will be summoned, similar to prophet's draining curse AEO interface.
    2.1) Make pets able to climb (one time an enemy simply went up the stairs and pet couldn't chase him )
    A problem example - Once i was in front of a scout and used "Summon Slayer". He spawn right in front of the scout but he was on top of a platform 30cm above him. So Slayer simply sat there doing nothing since he couldnt climb and wasn't smart enough to take the stairs a few meters away.
    2.2) I thought also that maybe Slayer shouldn't target just one target (for example...if my original target gets too far, which happens a lot against players with "sprint perk", he will go after the next nearest one)

3) The pets feel too stupid...they miss their attacks a lot and most times can't chase the target (I'm not sure if this is intended).
    But my suggestion to this is make them smarter and stronger (more damage) but decrease their health.
    My idea is that they will be more efficient but against distracted players.
    Last edited by ParadoxicalOmen; 10th Feb 2015 at 01:06.

lol at all the suggestions to improve Summoner. He is so OP right now.

First of all, let me say I think Vamps do need another way to initiate engagements with Humans besides Reaver Smoke, and the Summoner's pets are a good idea towards that end. But they are imbalanced as all hell.

No other class can remain completely safe while harassing the enemy non-stop. Humans have no answer for them. Period.

Alchemist? Hah! The only class in the game that gets HARD countered by another class (Sentinel)?

Killing pets quickly is not a counter. It only returns the engagement to neutral.

Scenario 1: Humans kill the pets quickly, just to repeat the process again, until eventually ...

Scenario 2: Summoner lands Hell Strike or other Vamps attack while the Humans are distracted.

If there are two Summoners, the harassment is non-stop.

The only way Humans can kill a Summoner is if the Summoner makes a mistake in choosing when and how to enter melee.

It is simply no fun fighting against a Summoner and their pets because you don't accomplish anything.

My suggestion: Make summoning pets cost HP (e.g., 20%). You can even make pets stronger to compensate. Then Summoners cannot drop them non-stop, and killing pets quickly actually has a sense of accomplishment because you know you've weakened the Summoner indirectly.

Buddy suggested a great idea to make the summoner's pets less annoying, and I had one to encourage the summoners to actually jump in and fight. Buddies idea was that line of sight would be needed for the summoned creatures to function. If you duck behind cover while creatures are out, they just stand around sitting on their hands.

My idea to get the summoners actually INTO the fight was a max distance from summoner. The summoner's pets can only go so far away from the summoner before they just up an go "Bleh" and die or what ever. Combine the two ideas and I figure the summoner would be fairly balanced.

Originally Posted by puff_ng
    Then Summoners cannot drop them non-stop
    They already can't.

I noticed that after you cancel "Abyssal bolt"...it takes around 2 seconds to launch another one. Is this intentional?

PS: by cancel i mean release the mouse before bolt is actually launched

It seems like often when I aim for a summoner and its pet is next to it, I seem to hit the pet way more often than the summoner. Especially with bola.

One other criticism I think is that perhaps the hellstrike is much better than the default since its damage is all at once. Seems to me that the instantaneous damage should be lower than the damage over time since you can interact more with the DoT by escaping its AOE before taking the most damage. It also seems much harder to dodge in general despite having a larger impact.

In my opinion Summoner is just weak. It has less hp, summons are usless (low durability, almost none damage) and Shield is just waste of skill. Only usefull abilities are under right mouse button, but there are pretty long racharge time for them.

Summoner should have buffed summons, even at the cost of its recharge time. Also Shield should have other alternative as soon as possible.

Abyssal Bolt needs some changes couse its just bad. You almost never damage with explosion only little bit with AoE.

Hell Strike is ok but after charging skill you should be able to not relese it till you hold right mouse button, right now in many cases its relesed not when and where people wanna it to be.

Originally Posted by Necro71
    summons are usless (low durability, almost none damage)
    That's why you should join the fight with them...

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    That's why you should join the fight with them...
    I do this, this is another shield but made from meat. In the end playing summoner is mostly about melee and thats not the way i imagine this class.

I do this, this is another shield but made from meat. In the end playing summoner is mostly about melee and thats not the way i imagine this class.
    This game dynamic is melee vs range and the vampires are the melee half of that equation. Despite all the ranged things she is capable of, she is still a vampire and therefore meant to be primarily melee.

So...You don't imagine a vampire, all of whom are primarily melee, being primarily melee?

please consider making the Abyssal Barrier a 'press once and forget' instead of the current press and hold. press and hold means you can really only move to the left since you're having to hold the button.

I have no problem moving wherever I want.

Also having it held means you can release it early.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 10th Mar 2015 at 03:54.

Originally Posted by war_mouth
    please consider making the Abyssal Barrier a 'press once and forget' instead of the current press and hold. press and hold means you can really only move to the left since you're having to hold the button.
    I'd prefer it this way as well, key-press activated/deactivated. Similar to how the Alchemist's flamethrower can be turned on and then off by pressing E. I'm not sure why though it's not the same ability button.

Abyssal Bolt
    After some time of playing with the revamped version of AB, I don't feel like it's really differentiated enough from Hellstrike. The question is, how would you like to deal 400 damage? A chance of catching multiple targets for instant 400 damage minus falloff or over time with a bit of slow?

Personally I'd say go further with AB. Make the area large, maybe even decrease the damage, because the slow is effective but even from the center of the AoE it can be rolled out of. Making it slightly larger so if you were dead on with your launch of AB means they would take full damage and be slowed longer. If the area were made to be larger, I'd be fine with a longer duration and same damage, say 5-6 seconds.
    Last edited by TheDreamcrusher; 1st Mar 2015 at 21:16.

I wished it was a RMB ability instead

You can move in any direction while holding the button...
    Last edited by Bazielim; 10th Mar 2015 at 03:58.

I added mouse4 (thumb button) to the keybinds for summoners shield..............simples.

Summon Stalkers/Slayer
    After getting a fair amount of experience with the Summoner, summons pretty much act like a buff in melee strength and damage reduction with a side of momentary distraction if the Summoner doesn't use them to engage in melee. I feel like Stalkers definitely have the advantage when it comes to engaging in melee, since they are a fast and easy activation as well as providing more cover vs. non-aoe projectiles simply because of more surface area.

Other than that, they don't really differentiate themselves well. I'd be of a mind to keep Stalker damage low, bump their health to 300, and let them be used as I just described: a solid buff in melee engagement with slight hitting power. The Slayer I would take in the other direction; lower his health, up his movement speed drastically, and let him keep his damage. That way it's like unleashing a hound, especially if he's going to be oriented on attacking a single target.

Alternate Summons
    Since the summons we have now currently act as either a melee buffer or distraction, it'd be nice to get some real alternates as to how they are used. Wisps, ghosts, or phantoms could be brought to the field to provide various debuffs or other effects. An Entropy Wisp could rapidly deplete ammo outside of a current clip for humans, or possibly in the clip. Forcing reloads is another way to make openings to attack humans and could make weapons with high clip counts more valuable in meta.

Phantom Humans could cause havoc with Deceivers blending in, possibly even using abilities like Healing Mist or Eldritch Guard that have no effect and appear in false colors to vampires.

Alternate Abilities
    Eventually there's going to be something better than Abyssal Shield, so AS might receive a functional buff to actually reflect some projectiles back and cause damage to humans.

Drylands Walk/Jaunt - I think there might be some merit to an idea of letting the Summoner work more in a support role by either sending another vampire into the spectral realm, functioning similar to Disguise but unable to act at all or take damage until the Jaunt ended or by letting herself do the same. Makes for an entry and exit ability or even grants a chance to save an ally.

I'd like to state that there is a problem with shield that needs to be fixed. Right now it doesn't defend against AOE attacks, such as light bomb. It all works fine if the bomb is throw AT THE shield...but if it is thrown 1 inch in front of shield, AOE damage is calculated normally.

Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789