Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103

Thread: Life Is Strange - Feedback and Suggestions

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity View Post
    Do people assume bisexuality?
    I assume bisexuality is a possibility, which is all this was ever about.

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity View Post
    Max may be a teenager, but she's really not "confused," as in "trying to find herself." They've been careful to portray her as one of, if not THE most stable person(s) in all of Blackwell.

    I find it hard to buy her being "curious" or what have you. She's past that stage of growing up, and she's either one or the other.

    I personally hope they stay away from it, with both Chloe AND Warren. This story is about friendship, not about romance.
    If you say so. - http://www.united-academics.org/maga...ral-for-women/

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TroublesomeBirdsong View Post
    I assume bisexuality is a possibility, which is all this was ever about.



    If you say so. - http://www.united-academics.org/maga...ral-for-women/
    You mentioned nothing about besexuality initially, and your statements about Max and Warren imply that you think she doesn't like guys--but whatever. I really have no comment on the desire for a bisexual Max (outside of again not wanting romance at all), I only had one for the supposed desire for a lesbian Max.

    As for the second, it's a shame I don't remember my old university logins so I can access some journal databases, but an examination of the abstract paints a completely different picture than the one in that blurb. No way of knowing if it's true or not without access the the actual article.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity View Post
    You mentioned nothing about besexuality initially, and your statements about Max and Warren imply that you think she doesn't like guys--but whatever.
    I mentioned nothing about 'lesbianism' either, deliberately; so assuming exclusivity was just your reading.
    And what I said about Warren didn't imply that Max 'doesn't like guys'. At most, it implies that she may not like Warren.
    All I said about Warren was: "The way Chloe talks about Rachel certainly implies they may have been in a romantic/sexual relationship, but Max is less clear, especially given her interactions with Warren."
    That is - Because of the way the game has Max interact with Warren, it is less clear whether or not Max's sexual identity could be anything other than heterosexual than Chloe's situation (implied relationship with Rachel). For instance, although I don't like the word, while Max seems to have 'friendzoned' Warren, the player is still given the option to go on a date with him to the drive-in.
    If the game was pitching her as a heterosexual, that makes sense. If the game was pitching her as bisexual, that also works.
    But if the game was pitching her as a lesbian, there wouldn't be an option to say 'yes' to the date, unless Max was stringing him along or somehow oblivious to Warren's intentions (and Max is certainly neither nefarious nor naive). Therefore Max must like guys, it's just 'less clear' whether she like girls too. I didn't specifically mention 'bisexuality', because I didn't want to label it, but also because I thought that was obviously the only way a possible romantic/sexual relationship between Chloe and Max would make sense in the game.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TroublesomeBirdsong View Post
    I mentioned nothing about 'lesbianism' either, deliberately; so assuming exclusivity was just your reading.
    And what I said about Warren didn't imply that Max 'doesn't like guys'. At most, it implies that she may not like Warren.
    All I said about Warren was: "The way Chloe talks about Rachel certainly implies they may have been in a romantic/sexual relationship, but Max is less clear, especially given her interactions with Warren."
    That is - Because of the way the game has Max interact with Warren, it is less clear whether or not Max's sexual identity could be anything other than heterosexual than Chloe's situation (implied relationship with Rachel). For instance, although I don't like the word, while Max seems to have 'friendzoned' Warren, the player is still given the option to go on a date with him to the drive-in.
    If the game was pitching her as a heterosexual, that makes sense. If the game was pitching her as bisexual, that also works.
    But if the game was pitching her as a lesbian, there wouldn't be an option to say 'yes' to the date, unless Max was stringing him along or somehow oblivious to Warren's intentions (and Max is certainly neither nefarious nor naive). Therefore Max must like guys, it's just 'less clear' whether she like girls too. I didn't specifically mention 'bisexuality', because I didn't want to label it, but also because I thought that was obviously the only way a possible romantic/sexual relationship between Chloe and Max would make sense in the game.
    Oh, wow. You're totally right. That was a complete comprehension fail on my part, I apologize. For some reason I saw literally the opposite of what you said; I'm not sure how.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

  5. #30
    Couple of specific things I really would like seeing happening:

    1. Max playing the guitar outside her dorm room.
    2. Warren confessing his feelings for Max, also the option to respond to that properly.
    3. Skipping stones with Chloe and Justin, Chloe sharing some of her dope with Max so she can get stoned too. (Perhaps mix that scene with some funny jokes)
    4. Other clothing styles. I know Max is a bit insecure about herself but still, she should have other clothes in her wardrobe to use.
    5. Max's vision keeps on telling her something, it's eating away on her and she can't sleep. She wanders outside at nighttime, exploring the school area.
    6. Previous choices really mattered. People around you talk and act depending on what you did.
    7. If you saved Kate, she will be recovering, she visits and thanks you.
    8. More pranking on Victoria. I like the hateful relationship between her and Max.
    Last edited by Alvare; 6th May 2015 at 14:33.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    60
    first of all -> thank you :-)

    - Option to change Max and Cloe`s Outfit

    - Options for one of many possible relationships (max-cloe, max-warren, max-kate, warren-kate,.... )

    - different guitarsongs -> option to play guitar solo for Cloe (warren, kate) with different effects
    (rocking, smoothing, romantic, metal, ....) on Cloe (warren or kate, can be important for the relationship)

    - more sidequests -> like: turn on a HDTV an some will not talk to you (or he/she do)

    - more collectible things ! (we can find cool license plates but we can not collect them or getting an reward for this)
    > same for other things, please more things to explore and maybe the possibility to see if I/we found all stuff (and got the reward)

    - rewards (in game, maybe a secret video on a TV, a newspaper, special song for the guitar .. something like that)
    - i want sugar from the vending mashine ^^ (or a soda)
    - using the handy and call a person for a smalltalk !!!! (max never called a person with her cellphone!! unbelievable)

    - option to see FF: TSW in HD (reward?!)

    - Max can interact with more things (like the vending mashine), buy a cupcake at the diner
    -- interact more with the world around her (not all things must have consequences, thats only for the feeling, like the sitting on a Tree situation!! that was great)

    - Option to take random pictures and save them (can be watched from main menu)

    - no limitation for the playing Area (open world)

    - other localisations of the game (especially german)

    - a good plot for the not working clock in Room 102 ^^ (Episode 2)

    - want to know the name of the invisible girl in the shower


    last but not least, excuse my bad english (it's not my language)

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    204
    Thanks for all your suggestions, please do keep them coming.

  8. #33
    Haha cool! Alright. I know it's close to release date but I'll post them anyway.
    Some of the next suggestions may however be quite difficult to implement into the game,
    but if they did, it would make the characters and world more lively:

    1. Dynamic animation additions. So characters can head-track the player (when close), and the other way around.
    2. Don't let the characters scratch behind their neck when they say something they really mean. (It's body language for being dishonest.)
    3. Unimportant characters will have a one-liner when using the interact key. Maybe Max will raise her hand to say a quick hi.
      Also, one-liners, like in the previous episode may need some variation in voice-lines, or only be played once. (Like the door knocking Max does at the start of episode 2.)
    4. Max's facial expression will reflect to how she currently feels. Like the funny zombie-face she has at morning. Her face can be separately animated from the voice-lines. You could combine this with the head-tracking. If Max sees something she doesn't like, immediate angry in-game face. xD (Whilst seeing Chloe, instantly smiling.)
    5. Add another texture layer on a characters face, like the tears, but this time a blush. So exaggerated angriness or shyness can be well read off the face.
    6. When Max play's the animation of correcting her hair, the hair strands don't move currently. It looks odd.
      Could also make a animation of her correcting her schoolbag on her shoulder. (Don't know if it's rigged or not.)
    7. There's a storm coming. What's going to happen to the weather in future episodes? (Want to see some aggressive weather to indicate the danger.)
    8. Max will be able to aim around with a flashlight if obtained in episode 3.
    9. Balance out Chloe's running speed with the players' speed if they'll be roaming around together.
    10. Add a new animation for sprinting if things get really tense. I guess we need to be able to run faster in the end.
    11. Who is going to take care of Kate's bunny when she's gone or in the hospital? xD
    12. The plant will not go yellow even if you didn't water your plant in episode 2? (I watered it in episode 1) Thought I was going to drown the plant by doing that again after just one day.
    13. The iris and pupil of a character is what needs to reflect like it is now. But, the sclera of the eye shouldn't. (Unless the eyes are teary, like Kate's) I've noticed these scenes where it looks out of place. When Max is sitting on the bus to the Two Wales Diner for example.
    14. Last one, I forgot a very important one. The options in dialogue, they're always the same input button. The developers should randomize them on each play. The parking ticket for example is always the square button on my ps4. (10:34) It's more interesting to mix the right answers up.


    That's all I can think of right now. I'll edit this post if I have more possible improvements.
    Last edited by Alvare; 7th May 2015 at 07:35.

  9. #34
    A suggestion for this forum. I don't go to Square Enix site often. But have often looked on the twitter for Life is Strange. You should link the forum directly on the twitter like you do the site. This place is kind of easy to miss if you aren't aware it exists. If you do go to the site...and then click Community. Its really easy to think its just twitter updates etc....very easy to miss this forum.

  10. #35
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this (correct me if I'm wrong),
    But Am I the only one hoping for a disc release?! Because my internet sucks hard and I seriously wanna play this game so damn much!
    So my suggestion: Disc Release! :P

  11. #36
    Well, it happens again >.>

    So here goes, my first impressions.

    SPOILERS AHOY



    Holy. Flipping. Cow. Taking a step back from my utterly blown mind, this is pretty impressive in terms of
    Last edited by EternalAmbiguity; 19th May 2015 at 04:18.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

  12. #37
    Let me just start off saying that I really love this game. The episodic feature really makes the game much more interesting and extends the life of the game itself. Also gives us the ability to playthrough each episode multiple times while we wait for the next!

    One thing that I really enjoy in the game is the ability to sit down in certain parts of the environment, listen to what Max is thinking in that moment, and enjoy the scenery. I don't think there was that many in Episode 3 as there were in the first two, but I remember being able to sit down outside the dorm rooms at night and the swings outside Chloe's house. I sincerely hope that these will be included in Episode 4 and 5!

    Another thing in Episode 3 was the lack of music scenes. The only one I remember was in Chloe's bedroom, but I do really enjoy sitting back enjoying the cinematic environment and listening to the great music. Hope to see more of these in the next episodes as well.



    Keep up the great work! Really excited to see what's going to happen in the next episode!
    Last edited by Bullet100; 19th May 2015 at 13:59.

  13. #38
    I'm playing the PS4 version, and it's frustrated me throughout the first three episodes that the (great!) ambient sounds stop when you open the journal.

    Sometimes when you open the journal it's to read long-ish journal entries or detailed NPC bios and, for that, gradually bringing up the theme music in the background seems like a good choice.

    When you're only taking a quick look at your SMS inbox or checking your photo album for a hint of your next target, however, the sudden cut-off of the ambient sounds is quite jarring.

    Any game designers out there with a clever idea to get around it in a realistic way (even if it's a learning for future projects, rather than trying to change an established control system now that we're 60% of the way through)? Perhaps a quick-access menu for the mobile phone inbox that keeps the ambient sounds (because you whip out a phone and check it quickly) and a slower-paced menu for the journal with the soundtrack music (because you tend to take more time over writing in / reflecting over your journal)?
    Last edited by AbnaxusOfTheVenar; 19th May 2015 at 17:16. Reason: Composed myself, organised my thoughts.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10
    Ok so I was expecting to have a great time but wow, this episode was even better than the first 2!


  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    60
    ok Quote my on post is not cool, i know
    but i do and edit it with the content of EP3

    Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Dogma View Post
    first of all -> thank you :-)

    - Option to change Max and Cloe`s Outfit
    YES !!! THANKS

    - Options for one of many possible relationships (max-cloe, max-warren, max-kate, warren-kate,.... )
    we have it. go on Dontnod, we love the max-chloe relationship

    - different guitarsongs -> option to play guitar solo for Cloe (warren, kate) with different effects
    (rocking, smoothing, romantic, metal, ....) on Cloe (warren or kate, can be important for the relationship)
    no guitarsong in EP3? did i missed something?

    - more sidequests -> like: turn on a HDTV an some will not talk to you (or he/she do)
    confirmed! we have something like that in EP3. thx

    - more collectible things ! (we can find cool license plates but we can not collect them or getting an reward for this)
    > same for other things, please more things to explore and maybe the possibility to see if I/we found all stuff (and got the reward)
    i think the bomb-part did not count, so, nope, less then in EP1 and EP2 together

    - rewards (in game, maybe a secret video on a TV, a newspaper, special song for the guitar .. something like that)
    i didn't find anything like that

    - i want sugar from the vending mashine ^^ (or a soda)
    VERY SPECIAL THANKS, i got my SODA *cheers*

    - using the handy and call a person for a smalltalk !!!! (max never called a person with her cellphone!! unbelievable)
    not directly, but she used her phone.

    - option to see FF: TSW in HD (reward?!)
    I'm still waiting, or is it buged (blackbox TV in the dinner)?

    - Max can interact with more things (like the vending mashine), buy a cupcake at the diner
    Trashcan counts.

    -- interact more with the world around her (not all things must have consequences, thats only for the feeling, like the sitting on a Tree situation!! that was great)
    not enough to say "ok is more interactive"

    - Option to take random pictures and save them (can be watched from main menu)
    i can wait, Dontnod can solve the actual problems with the crashes/freezes of the game befor implenting this content

    - no limitation for the playing Area (open world)
    not yet, maybe season 2? i hope

    - other localisations of the game (especially german)
    narf, we are waiting, go on pls ^^

    - a good plot for the not working clock in Room 102 ^^ (Episode 2)
    that was only a bug, in EP3 all clocks are working fine (including the 2 at the swimmingpool..little buged, they start working if you're close to them)

    - want to know the name of the invisible girl in the shower
    atm, i'm still waiting for the name[/FONT][/SIZE]

    last but not least, excuse my bad english (it's not my language)
    not Bad
    i hope we will have more "greens" as "reds" after EP4

    and

    THANK YOU!

  16. #41
    I really don't know how to feel about David now. I was half-expecting him to take Max aside at some point during episode 3 and say something like this:

    DAVID: After what happened with Kate, I figured I’d better come clean with you. I don’t know if you know this, but we’ve been having trouble keeping up with the bills. So a few weeks ago, I took on a second job as a private eye. The police had run out of leads, so Rachel Amber’s parents hired me to find out what happened to her.
    MAX: Chloe said her parents were in denial about it.
    DAVID: Yeah, well you can’t trust everything Chloe says. She has a skewed perspective on things. I know how much Rachel’s disappearance affected her and I thought maybe if I could find out what happened to her, Chloe would be happy again. Anyway, I looked into it and about six months ago Rachel went to one of these Vortex Club party. Now I don’t know what happened there, no one was talking, but obviously something upset her because she left early in a huff. Then later someone saw her get into an argument with Kate Marsh.
    MAX: Kate? I didn’t even know she knew Rachel. What were they arguing about?
    DAVID: I don’t know, but Kate was the last one to see Rachel before she disappeared. I tried to ask her about the argument, but she said she couldn’t remember back six months. Then last week, I heard about this viral video of Kate. I thought I could use it as leverage, maybe use Kate as way to get into the Vortex Club parties and see what I could find out.
    MAX: But why were you following her and taking photos?
    DAVID: To see who she met with, in case it led back to Rachel.
    MAX: You think she knew where Rachel went?
    DAVID: She knew something. Look, I know I was heavy-handed with her. I’d just run out of options.

    But after what Max found on his laptop and the argument that followed, plus revelations about him being a lot more involved with Nathan than we assumed, I'm not sure about expecting redemption for him now.

  17. #42
    I'm in two minds about the alternate universe. When you think about it, it's the obvious progression for the story and opens up a lot of great opportunities, but at the same time it basically retcons the story and instead of your choices mattering it's made all of your decisions blatantly pointless (at least until you get back to your universe).

    The positives are:
    potential for more Kate - assuming Max went to last week's Vortex Club party instead of Kate, meaning there's no viral video, so Kate didn't commit/attempt suicide and isn't in the hospital.

    potential to meet Rachel Amber - assuming the reason she disappeared could have been retconned by not having the same relationship with Chloe. She may even be living in your dorm room. If you can talk to her, you can gather clues as to why she might have disappeared in your universe, then use that information when you go back.

    Friendly Victoria means we can actually find out more about her motivations without running into a wall of snark. Same with David and possibly Nathan.

    I wonder if Max can look at her journal and discover she's written a different series of events in there. That'd be a good way to catch up quickly on some of the changes.

    I assume we'll eventually get to use our selfie collection and the butterfly photo to jump back to points in previous episodes, but it'd be cool if you could use the optional photos for that too.

    Conversations I want to see in the next episode:

    Max decides she needs to get her bearings and go somewhere familiar. She goes to her dorm room, walks in and finds Rachel Amber sitting on the bed.
    MAX: Oh my god! Rachel? What are you… doing in my room?
    RACHEL: Are you high, Max? This is my room. You room’s down the hall. Dana’s old room.
    MAX: Dana?
    RACHEL: Oh, wait, I suppose you don’t know Dana. She found out she was pregnant about a month ago and dropped out of Blackwell. Good thing she moved out of the dorms I guess, or you wouldn’t have had anywhere to stay when you got here.
    (And then you talk about what happened 6 months ago to try to work out why she disappeared.)

    MAX: Hey, Kate!
    KATE: Uh, hi. What do you want?
    MAX: I'm just glad to see you.
    KATE: Look, if you want me to do your Literature homework like Victoria did. I can't. I'm too stressed out.
    MAX: No, I... just wanted to hang out.
    KATE: Why? You've barely said a word to me since you arrived.
    MAX: Are you mad at me?
    KATE: What do you think?! I was to go to the Vortex Club party that was on last week. It's not really my thing, but I thought maybe I'd have fun and make some new friends. Then Victoria said she was inviting you instead and that there was a limited guest list, so I couldn't come.
    MAX: You wouldn't have wanted to be there anyway, Kate.
    KATE: Oh, don't worry, I don't want to be part of your stupid club anyway!
    MAX: Kate, I don't want to fight. I just want to be friends.
    KATE: Yeah, right.
    (Then you convince Kate to go to the Two Whales with you, to try and bond and find out more about how she's connected to Rachel Amber)

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by TroublesomeBirdsong View Post
    I really don't know how to feel about David now. I was half-expecting him to take Max aside at some point during episode 3 and say something like this:

    DAVID: After what happened with Kate, I figured I’d better come clean with you. I don’t know if you know this, but we’ve been having trouble keeping up with the bills. So a few weeks ago, I took on a second job as a private eye. The police had run out of leads, so Rachel Amber’s parents hired me to find out what happened to her.
    MAX: Chloe said her parents were in denial about it.
    DAVID: Yeah, well you can’t trust everything Chloe says. She has a skewed perspective on things. I know how much Rachel’s disappearance affected her and I thought maybe if I could find out what happened to her, Chloe would be happy again. Anyway, I looked into it and about six months ago Rachel went to one of these Vortex Club party. Now I don’t know what happened there, no one was talking, but obviously something upset her because she left early in a huff. Then later someone saw her get into an argument with Kate Marsh.
    MAX: Kate? I didn’t even know she knew Rachel. What were they arguing about?
    DAVID: I don’t know, but Kate was the last one to see Rachel before she disappeared. I tried to ask her about the argument, but she said she couldn’t remember back six months. Then last week, I heard about this viral video of Kate. I thought I could use it as leverage, maybe use Kate as way to get into the Vortex Club parties and see what I could find out.
    MAX: But why were you following her and taking photos?
    DAVID: To see who she met with, in case it led back to Rachel.
    MAX: You think she knew where Rachel went?
    DAVID: She knew something. Look, I know I was heavy-handed with her. I’d just run out of options.

    But after what Max found on his laptop and the argument that followed, plus revelations about him being a lot more involved with Nathan than we assumed, I'm not sure about expecting redemption for him now.
    This would be great in Episode 4, if we happen to get back to the original timeline. Plus, I think there is still a way for David to redeem himself. I think it might go along like this: [Including what you have previously stated because I love it].

    Max: Which is why you were trying to get on the Prescott's good side. We know about the email exchanges between you and Nathan.
    David: That is personal business missy and things that you shouldn't be involving yourself into.
    Max: I want to know, just as bad as you and everyone else does, what caused Kate to contemplate/commit suicide [depending on whether you saved Kate from jumping off the roof or not].
    David: And that gives you an excuse to snoop around everywhere?
    Max: Let me remind you that you were stalking Kate. That doesn't it make it any better.
    David: Listen kid, there are strange things happening around Arcadia Bay; if you aren't already aware of it now. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the Prescott family. I thought that maybe if I got onto their good side, I might be able to gather some information on how they are involved in all of this.
    Max: *Crosses arms.* You think that the Prescott's are somehow involved with all the strange things happening; like the snow and the eclipse?
    David: And much more. *Sighs.* I know that you want to help Chloe. I want to too. But I do have a responsibility to keep all of Blackwell Students safe, including you. Now I kindly ask that you stop snooping around before you get yourself into more trouble. *Walks away.*
    Max: Well it's too late for that.

    Or something along the lines of that. I have a feeling that David will be one of the good guys in the end, we just have to wait and see.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    12
    The biggest gripe i have with the game is the lip syncing, or lack thereof. there is tech to auto-sync voice with lips out there. Please do it because it's the biggest immersion killer for me

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    55
    Would be pretty awesome to have better lip sync but to be honest, while playing I don't care at all about this fact.
    signature image

  21. #46
    I was holding out some hope that David isn't just a power-tripping paranoid, but the last interactions with him in Episode 3 has mostly dashed those hopes. It may be that he's only a sad sack who can't get his civilian life together and doesn't respect women, but I've been suspecting that he might have known something that Max hasn't yet discovered that could explain his obsession with surveillance. Maybe getting undeniable proof of the Vortex Club and Nathan's involvement in Rachel's disappearance so he could bring legal reprisal, or even just getting dirt on Nathan that none of the police are willing to risk getting. And perhaps that's still the case - we haven't really heard David's side of things yet. But man, he sure doesn't inspire sympathy...

  22. #47
    New suggestions for Episode 3 [Ps4]:

    1. There's a lack of sound effects at the ending sequence when Max is in the alternate reality and knocks on Williams door.
      And also when William opens the door. Don't know if it's a bug or hasn't been added yet.
    2. The sugar bag on Michelle Grant's desk is difficult to interact with sometimes.
    3. Next time you render out the .bik ending cutscenes, try to get rid of the brightening line/bar at the bottom.
    4. Now I think of it, it's kind of weird David went downstairs with his duty clothes on. I expected his other model with normal clothes. Heck why not make him march downstairs with his army suit and ak47?


    I was holding out some hope that David isn't just a power-tripping paranoid, but the last interactions with him in Episode 3 has mostly dashed those hopes. It may be that he's only a sad sack who can't get his civilian life together and doesn't respect women, but I've been suspecting that he might have known something that Max hasn't yet discovered that could explain his obsession with surveillance. Maybe getting undeniable proof of the Vortex Club and Nathan's involvement in Rachel's disappearance so he could bring legal reprisal, or even just getting dirt on Nathan that none of the police are willing to risk getting. And perhaps that's still the case - we haven't really heard David's side of things yet. But man, he sure doesn't inspire sympathy...
    We all hoped that as soon as he went downstairs, that it would be a peaceful breakfast for once.
    I have sympathy for him but he needs to seriously calm down. Guess he looked at peace in his other lifetime.

    Suggestions for last two episodes:

    1. Previous choices still matter. New time line might not have that capability.
    2. I'd like to lose on something for once. And when you lose, you might need to replay in order to fix it instead of rewinding.
    3. Don't alter/change Max's personality. We all like her the way she is. Also, her sense of humor is good. We need her to stay bright and optimistic.
    4. There has to be a lead suspect by now. We need to have a finger pointed at someone.
    5. Where did the nose bleeding and headache thing go? She traveled more in ep3 than ep2. Guess she got experience to do it without hurting herself?
    6. All achievements/optional photo's you got, are handed in near the ending for an alternate outcome. Also, Max is scared that she gets rejected when turning in that one picture, she can still rewind time to see which one Jefferson likes the most. xD
      I bet it's either the butterfly photo Chloe has taken from Max, or the photo Max torn into pieces.
    Last edited by Alvare; 25th May 2015 at 07:07.

  23. #48
    Developing alternative sequences
    If too many choices and different endings isn’t feasible, another nice way of adding depth:

    Expanding how choices cause different routes to reaching the same/similar results.

    A possibly coming example would be different ways to enter the dark room through the Vortex club… But not just some variation in dialogue, rather entirely different settings and locations…
    Not on the party list? Find a backdoor with Chloe, perhaps encountering Nathan along the way.
    On the list? Pass some ordeal with Vic’s posse on the dance floor.


    While these are alternatives forced by previous decisions, there could also be:

    Flexibility in siding with different characters and visiting different areas.

    In future scenarios, there would be options of how to investigate a mystery or even stop a disaster. E.g. you’d be able to find evidence or alter events through 3 different locations (photos/rewinds), but only 2 are enough.

    NB I honestly don’t think this is at the heart of the game, since major choices and rewinds should have disparate consequences. But in their absence, and on a "side-quest" choice level, it would be a rewarding substitute.

    I believe many would love to develop relationships with characters of their own preference. Not sure I wish to see such things this season already, but the future might give us alternatives:
    Tired of moody Chloe? Have Alyssa, Warren or Kate back you up at some event instead. (Available only if you saved them and have a certain degree of relation with them..)
    Last edited by Beramaor; 25th May 2015 at 10:59.

  24. #49
    I'm loving the game a lot. I'm up through episode 3 and can't wait for the next two episodes. I think the time between the release of episodes is great. I gush over an episode for a week or so, then my interest wanes for a bit. Then a new episode comes out right when I start hankering for the next one. The wait doesn't feel too long, nor do I feel I have content shoved down my throat.

    At the moment, I don't want it to end. Depending on the ending, I'd like to see a season 2. I have my own theories of how this season might end, but I don't want to spoil anything if I'm right. Although, if my hunch is correct, I think I have a good idea of a potential DLC episode. All this said though, I'd love a disc version with all the episodes on it. I know that may not be on the table at the moment, but if it does I cast my vote for "yes".

    As for actual things to fix for the game, it's mostly solid IMO. I hear people say the dialogue is the worst part, and it may benefit from better writing, but I kinda like some of the cheesy dialogue. That may just be me though. I think general bug fixes and making the game run buttery smooth is an obvious suggestion. The lip-syncing could be better too, but maybe consider that going into season 2 wink.

    One other quick suggestion I'd like to make: please release the OST? I'm talking about the music composed for the game. There are some days I have the game on the main menu in the background while I do other work. It's just so relaxing. If you could get the licensed music in there too, that would be awesome.

  25. #50
    I love the game, I think it's fantastic is just about every way. I just have one small problem, which is that I think that the post-rewind dialog bits often comes across as forced and unnatural. I get that the idea is that Max knows exactly the right thing to say because she's already had the conversation once, but a lot of the time it just doesn't feel to me like the character she's talking to would react positively to her mentioning some piece of information that they thought she didn't know about. And conversely, it's not always clear to me why a character clams up on a subject after mentioning it, but is then willing to talk about it when Max brings it up first.

    It's not a big deal, but it's what strikes me as something that could be better if some more focus was put on making it feel natural.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    [*]There's a lack of sound effects at the ending sequence when Max is in the alternate reality and knocks on Williams door.
    I thought that was meant to indicate that Max is feeling numb inside?

    Quote Originally Posted by mysterycycle View Post
    I was holding out some hope that David isn't just a power-tripping paranoid, but the last interactions with him in Episode 3 has mostly dashed those hopes.
    I think he's very much a power-tripping paranoid. But he's not exactly wrong, is he? There really is something fishy with the Vortex Club, and drugs do seem to be involved. I think he's got good intentions and the right general idea, it's just that he's painfully unimaginative, more than a bit emotionally messed up from his time as a soldier, and with all the diplomacy skills of a gorilla with a tooth-ache.
    Last edited by Baeraad; 26th May 2015 at 07:30.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •