Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Informer #263: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Game Informer #263: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Game Informer March Cover Revealed – Rise of the Tomb Raider

“Rise of the Tomb Raider will send Lara to the frozen wilds of Siberia on a hunt for the lost secrets of immortality. Now Lara will have to hunt and craft new survival gear in order to take on larger puzzle tombs and a deadly new enemy, a secret society that has been lying in the shadows since the last game.”

Check out Game Informer issue #263 for world-exclusive first details on Lara Croft’s return in Rise of the Tomb Raider, and bookmark GameInformer.com/ROTTR for a full month of original features.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...r-6545651.aspx

High res assets coming soon

Edit:

Last edited by Driber; 3rd Feb 2015 at 21:38. Reason: update.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Whoohoooo! I've been so excited to share this with you all!

EEEEEKKK!

So many things to look at and talk about and just *dies*

signature image

Yaayyaa!

THE COVER IS AWESOME! 2 AXES! I can't wait to see what the month has in store!

^ To add to the two axes - No gun holsters ( ), the REMI logo carving on the tree on the cover, changeable outfits? (hat and goggles in one image and not in another), TresFX is back
    EDIT: Climbing guide(?) attached by rope
    signature image

Okay, dual pickaxes? That's gonna make for some pretty badass melee combat!

And what shall we call that bear? Mr. Ruxpin?

It looks looks so beautiful, LARA LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL, but it's so bitter sweet to look at all of this and be excited.

;_;
    signature image

aaaah ! The hype is off the charts ! Can't wait for more info

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    No gun holsters ( ), the REMI logo carving on the tree on the cover,
    I see the symbol, but what does REMI stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktron View Post
    I have no idea
    signature image

can't wait to see this game hand Uncharted 4 its a** this holiday. The queen is back.

Looks great and I'm really excited to learn more about the experience. I noticed in the cover, Lara has some sort of short-blade in a holster on the rear right side of her pants and her climbing axe has some sort of cord, attached to her pants, most likely so she won't lose it and can easily grab and replace it without having to clip/unclip it to herself. Nice touch, there.

I'm a little disappointed with her new look though. The inconsistency with in-game and the concept art is a little troubling; we saw her look in the CGI trailer and now her outfit is slightly different with a completely different color scheme. Other than that, I do like the outfit.

Additionally, I'm not surprised she kept the climbing axe that Roth gave her in the last game, but now she has a second, completely identical one? Not to mention the same exact walkie-talkie/radio from the last game. I was hoping for slight changes and modifications if she was going to keep some of the gear from Yamatai, not a recycling of the same exact models and designs.

At this point, I'm convinced that we'll never see dual pistols again. I think Lara's official new signature weapon is the bow and arrow. She appears to have a handgun in this game, but I think the dual pistols scene in the last game was just an easter egg or a nod toward her history and nothing more.

I'm a little concerned about the weapon upgrade system. I have a strange feeling we're going to see the pistol, assault rifle, shotgun and bow return in the same fashion, most likely with different designs since it is a new, different location, but I feel like the upgrading thing might just be a copy and paste job with slight modifications.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but I hope there's enough change and variety to ensure that ROTTR doesn't feel exactly like the last game with just a new location and story.

I'm sure we'll find out when more details on the secret organization are revealed.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I have no idea
    Oh... Well anyway,

I am pretty excited about this taking place in Siberia if that means endless pine tree forests and rusty old Soviet bases like in Legend. And it's also in the right spot for Kolchak's Gold DLC, about the gold treasure that is supposed to be on the bottom of lake Baikal

Oh... Well anyway,

I am pretty excited about this taking place in Siberia if that means endless pine tree forests and rusty old Soviet bases like in Legend. And it's also in the right spot for Kolchak's Gold DLC, about the gold treasure that is supposed to be on the bottom of lake Baikal
    Ugh, I don't even want to hear mention of DLC this long before the game is even released. Can we just hope that everything that should be in the game will be?

(click image to enlarge)

oeh that looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Additionally, I'm not surprised she kept the climbing axe that Roth gave her in the last game, but now she has a second, completely identical one? Not to mention the same exact walkie-talkie/radio from the last game. I was hoping for slight changes and modifications if she was going to keep some of the gear from Yamatai, not a recycling of the same exact models and designs.
    What you call recycling I call consistency

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

test

I miss a little the globetrotting nature of these games. So it's gonna be cold & snowy all the time?

Apparently some people have the digital version of the magazine already? Here's new details from the mag summed up from a member on TRF:

- At least two different locations across the globe.
    - Jonah is back from the first game
    - Environment itself as the main antagonist.
    - Cloth and herb to heal wounds.
    - More than one of each weapon type.
    - Variety of bows with different attributes.
    - Weather system that animals and human enemies react to.
    - Not sure if they confirmed a day night cycle or not, they mentioned "animals reacting to" time of day.
    - Hub areas are two to three times bigger than previous game.
    - Lara can climb trees, hide in bushes, swim.
    - Pushing for pre planning aspect to engaging in combat, though sneaking past everyone isnt the goal.
    - Tools for distracting enemies and luring them where you want them.
    - You can lose the enemies after engaging them.
    - Game informer says combat reminds them of the Last of Us.
    - CD talks about doing more with tombs and puzzles this time around.
    signature image

Yay ! No regen health this time .

But only two locations

Quote Originally Posted by RybatGrimes View Post
    swim

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_shake View Post
    Yay ! No regen health this time .

But only two locations
    Neither of those statements are true.

But is it underwater swimming? That's the important part
    signature image

I'm positive to every one of those points (well, one or two may be like 'hm, let's see where this goes')

A little number of locations is really for the best. Otherwise there's not enough time to flesh out the 'character' of the location, and it becomes like a soulless background for the hero to be faffing around in like the places from Legend or Underworld, rather than a place with a history and a story to it as the Island in TR9. I would have been fine with just one location.

gonna lose my nuts if theres no real tombs.

Did anyome else catch "our systems"?

Aside from that.. Holy shards, this is exactly what I hoped the sequel to TR9 would be like!

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast