Thread: Save the Bird? Don't save the Bird?

Save the Bird? Don't save the Bird?

Hello.

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place but I have a question about the results screen at the end of the first chapter "Chrysalis."

I have played through the game many times now and after each completion I study the results on the global stats screen. In each instance I find that I have never 'saved the bird' but 'let the bird die.' Now, the thing is, I simply do not remember coming across an instance in the game where I was given a choice to do either! Obviously I have missed something, but the truth is I do not know where the 'bird' to save is.

Any pointers? Anyone? Someone?

Pretty please.

Big Grin

Hi julietxjules it took me ages to work out how to reply im new to this forum and its gunna take some getting used to. The bird is at the window in chloes mums room, it seems rude snooping around there but thats where it is.

Oh my! Thanks. Do you know, I don't think I've ever been in there, I didn't even know that there was a 'Chloe's Mum's room' to walk about in!!

I will investigate next time I play it through again.

Thanks again, ZombieScum666.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimoire View Post
    Thanks, and I see that I did post this in the wrong place

The question though is not achievement related but an inconsequential moment in the game

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    The question though is not achievement related but an inconsequential moment in the game
    The guide linked to above contains the following information:
    Inside Chloe's house, wander into her parents' room when you're on the hunt for tools. A bird will smack into a window and injure itself. Rewind time to open the window. If you did it right, the bird will fly into the room and land on top of the large wardrobe opposite the bed.

Then, when you and Chloe are in the woods walking toward the lighthouse, that same bird will be perched on top of a rock. Take a picture and bask in the warm fuzzies knowing that you probably saved that little guy's life.
    I believe that is what you asked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimoire View Post

The guide linked to above contains the following information:

I believe that is what you asked about.

Grimoire, thanks for posting this up. I only read the top part when I clicked on the link you provided, and because I already had the picture of the bird I didn't think no more of it. But now that I have read your quote above and double checked the link it makes more sense but throws up another question 'insert giggle here'

The strange part about it all is this: I played through the game many times without knowing about, or indeed saving the bird in Chloe's mum's room, but at the end of the game the bird was still perched on a rock so I could take the picture. So from that I must assume that it doesn't really matter if you save the bird or not - it will still be at the end of the game giving you the photographic achievement opportunity - that is if you don't enter the bedroom at all? I am yet to see if by entering the room and ignoring the bird it will not be at the end of the game.....hmmm?!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Think of it as Schrödinger's cat: You never know it's dead until it actually happens right before you.

Hehe .. point taken.

I actually remember that I was in that very room saw the bird fly in but somehow my Brain just skipped it like a pop up window. I looked around but somehow did never recognise the Bird. I think I saw it but just labeled it something distracting (not fitting in). Seems like those Pop Ups really mess me up XD.

Like well there's a bird, okay, nothing I can do about that, gotta move along.

Unwittingly I think I'm making this Bird quite famous!

Go me! Hehe...

The bird deserves it. It's cute, after all.

Ha ha! Yes indeed.

I finally walked in Chloe's mum's bedroom and had a good nose around yesterday evening whilst going through yet another playthrough (what was I thinking? Nosey much? I blushed with self conscious embarrassment through all of it) but goodie goodie, I saved the cute little birdie.

Thanks for the video link.

Last edited by julietxjules; 6th Feb 2015 at 07:50.

Ok, I've been trying dunno how many times, but i cant save the bird without time travel.

So before I fully give up on it... I just want check with others, if they even had a hint somewhere that it was achieved...

No matter how I rush to the window, it splats...

Oh well, that's a shame for you. Experiment not working that good then.

But as I ventured to mention in your thread - time travel is intrinsically linked in certain parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    Oh well, that's a shame for you. Experiment not working that good then.

But as I ventured to mention in your thread - time travel is intrinsically linked in certain parts of the game.
    Dunno why u talk like its a failure, on the contrary its the very purpose of this"experiment"
    To see what we can or cant do without abusing such power.

Sad as it may, its a fact she'll have to live with.
    There's a chance either she is the cause of the storm or maybe another time traveler or its just a normal storm...

I wouldn't say failed - it's far too early to call it a failure. And not knowing what awaits Max and us in the months to come, no one can predict the challenges ahead.

I still wish you luck in your future endeavours.

Thanks,

Im wondering if we'll have an ep or moment Max sees or meets other alternate Maxes.

Who knows? At this early stage conjecture rules!

Whether or not Max has alternative versions remains to be seen; although I don't really envisage it going down that particular route, but what do I know?

The lighthouse though seems to be a pivotal place within the story, Max's adventure begins there and may very well end there too. The door is locked for some reason so perhaps it hides a secret it has yet to reveal? Those folders with the names of the students on them might be a pointer?

The missing girl, Rachel - being one of the main driving forces of the game - it seems to me, is the reason Max has been given the gift of being able to rewind time...to help Chloe find her friend and, to repair then rekindle their own special bond they have had since childhood.

Max and Chloe will join forces in the next chapter and become detectives and search for clues to help pin down Rachel's whereabouts in Oregon - if indeed she is there at all.