Thread: Please increase speed of activation.

Please increase speed of activation.

Please increase speed of activation.

Ive noticed that I am constantly faced with quick reaction moments, but it take almost a full second for my ability to activate AFTER I've pressed or spammed the button. Just in every scenario, it happens. I know it may make it unrealistic for some human to throw a bomb in a split second, but I feel like the delay is an overall no no and my experience would be a ton funner if my abilities activated WHEN I wanted them to. Thanks

If you're activating delayed abilities in scenarios that need instantaneous reaction, maybe it's your strategy that needs work.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    If you're activating delayed abilities in scenarios that need instantaneous reaction, maybe it's your strategy that needs work.
    You obviously don't know what I mean. I press an ability that is ready, and the animation is too long. I can notice it even not in danger. It just takes too long for regular f and q abilities to activate. Its not my strategy, sure it needs work but this specific point is purely the programmers fault.

Originally Posted by Jnaejnae
    You obviously don't know what I mean. I press an ability that is ready, and the animation is too long. I can notice it even not in danger. It just takes too long for regular f and q abilities to activate. Its not my strategy, sure it needs work but this specific point is purely the programmers fault.
    Do you have an example of an ability taking too long? Specific scenarios are easier to visualize.

Do you have an example of an ability taking too long? Specific scenarios are easier to visualize.
    I see a vampire. I throw my light bomb to blind him. I miss because the animation before, when im actually throwing it is about a full second. It animates me grabbing the bomb and throwing it. I do think it makes it more realistic but having almost instantaneous animations would make the game alot better. Its the animations for the instant abilities is the thing Im worried about.

I see a vampire. I throw my light bomb to blind him. I miss because the animation before, when im actually throwing it is about a full second. It animates me grabbing the bomb and throwing it. I do think it makes it more realistic but having almost instantaneous animations would make the game alot better. Its the animations for the instant abilities is the thing Im worried about.
    ...I've used light bombs. They hit the enemy just fine if I'm aiming at them and they're relatively stationary. I'm not sure the game is the issue. O.o

Well you obviously can't comprehend my simple messages so I just gonna wait until someone who CAN read comes along, if ever

The point he is making is that often you have to predict movements, not react. That's your issue.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

huh? you want an instant bomb to go off at their feet....like the scouts bow kinda instant....nope, bad idea, the grenade doesn't come out of their eyeballs, they have to grab it and throw it, like cmstache says, throw it 2 feet in front of where their going.

Well you obviously can't comprehend my simple messages so I just gonna wait until someone who CAN read comes along, if ever
    You obviously can't comprehend that your "simple messages" are whining about a non-issue.
    Learn strategy and pre-emptive tactics or quit playing.

Honestly Im awesome at the game, I just wish the animation was slower. Whats up with the big deal. Sure it would be more realistic the way it is but realism is not a key aspect in gaming. Like the mod said, you don't react. It's just dumb. I would like at least a speedy animation for an ability like that, cause it shouldnt take a whole second. I have great aim with it, but when I want to blind my enemies for a quick escape Im stuck with this full second animation.

Honestly Im awesome at the game

Like the mod said, you don't react.
    If you have to say "I'm awesome at the game.", you're probably not that great. Frankly, if you were awesome at the game, you wouldn't be having a gameplay-mangling crisis over the simple act of tossing out a light bomb.

And I don't think you understood what cmstache was getting at so I'm gonna explain this for you. It's a simple message so try to comprehend it. Here we go:

You have to predict movement. You want to blind a vampire? Okay. Predict where he's going to be when the bomb lands and aim it there.

I don't see a Tyrant charging and run to drop a Firewall at the spot where he started. I drop the Firewall at the spot where his Charge will end up placing him.

I don't see a Reaver preparing to scale a wall and shoot at the base of the building. I shoot higher up on the wall where he'll be by the time my grenades close the distance.

TL;DR: The programmers are at no fault here. The fault is yours alone. You need to be a predictive fighter, not a reactive one. You also need to work on your manners. Go practice.

IF you could instantly use abilities without telegraphic animations (like a second delay and a glowing gun for hex, pulling out the granade etc), vamps wouldn't have time to react and counter your stuff. The animations are there for the same reason as audio cues.

Lol I actually am that great. Im surprized if I don't appear as the top player on the server.

I can predict and all the but my ability to react and ability to predict are separate things. As easy as it is to predict something, having the game rely entirely on it is just not that exciting or fun as it could be.

Originally Posted by SquirrelInDaSky
    IF you could instantly use abilities without telegraphic animations (like a second delay and a glowing gun for hex, pulling out the granade etc), vamps wouldn't have time to react and counter your stuff. The animations are there for the same reason as audio cues.

Im not saying without, just I want the time to be cut in half 1/5 second animation would be alot better. You act like vampires can't react or counter my stuff, yet Im the one that cant counter fast enough. Thats the point, so I have more time to counter. As for the balancing all you have to do is make vamps have a faster animation too.

If this were really such an issue, wouldn't more people have it and be in here supporting a change?

You obviously can't comprehend that your "simple messages" are whining about a non-issue.
    Learn strategy and pre-emptive tactics ...
    QFT.

/Popcorn.