Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum comp #18 - ♥♥♥ Spread The Love ♥♥♥

Forum comp #18 - ♥♥♥ Spread The Love ♥♥♥

It's competition time again!

Valentine's Day is coming up, so for this competition your task if you choose to accept it is to create a Valentine's Day card that ties in with Tomb Raider and using one (or more) of the themes below:

Theme #1) Something "Adventurous" – A physical item or imprint from the outdoors. Think wood bark, leaves, sand drawing, pressed flower, stone rubbing…

Theme #2) Something "Ancient" – A physical item over ten years old. Think coins, newspaper clippings, old photographs… (Note: For this theme you'll have to document the sources of each item you use, to prove that they are at least 10 years old. For example, using an old newspaper for the card, take a photo of the newspaper with date prior to cutting it up.)

Theme #3) Something "Doubled" – Two is better than one, so incorporate the theme of “two” into your card. This can apply to Lara – Classic & Modern, Doppelganger Lara – or to any of the motifs above…

Theme #4) Something "Mythical" – Lara’s always on the quest to unveil the truth behind the myths and legends in the world - Incorporate the theme of myths, legends, and/or god-type figures like Cupid, Aphrodite, Osiris & Isis and other romantic figures into your card.

Digital art is allowed but the final product must be a physical card. In other words, you can create your card digitally but it must be printed out and photographed to be considered eligible. After photographing your card, you are encouraged, but not required, to send your card to a loved one!

Lastly, do not be afraid to be mushy with your entry, that's what V-day is all about. And we love puns. The cheesier the better!

The core rules are:

• Maximum 3 entries per person/household
    • Maximum 100 words per entry if your entry contains text.
    • Entry submission deadline: February 20 March 1st, 2015 at noon CET

THE PRIZES!

(click image to enlarge)

We've got some sweet and diverse prizes available for this competition. And because the prize sets are so diverse this time, instead of assigning a fixed set to a fixed rank (1st place, 2nd, etc) we'll let the winners freely choose which prize set they would like to receive, ordered by rank. So 1st place winner gets first dibs, 2nd place winner gets to choose as second, and so on. This comp's prize sets are:

Prize set A: Valentine's Day card signed by the dev team + LCTOO digital copy + LCTOO Gold Edition items
    Prize set B: LCTOO Lithograph signed by the dev team + LCTOO digital copy
    Prize set C: LCTOO Locked and Loaded T-shirt (mens | womens)
    Prize set D: LCTOO limited edition collector’s cup (link)
    Prize set E: 1 item from our Digital Goodies Bag*

*Digital goodies bag contents

How to enter

• Post your entry in this thread and start your post with the text *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*
    • Upload images using this link http://pic.driber.net/up (choose "comp #18") and insert the BB code in your post.
    • Write at the top of your entry which of the 4 theme(s) you used.
    • Don't put more than 1 entry in the same forum post - make a new post for your next entry instead.

Detailed T&C

• Maximum 3 entries per person/household
    • Maximum 100 words per entry if your entry contains text.
    • Entry submission deadline: February 20 March 1st, 2015 at noon CET
    • Digital art is allowed but the final product must be a photograph of a actual physical card.
    • Competition promoter is Driber. Prizes donated by Crystal Dynamics.
    • Driber reserves the right to extend the deadline and/or cancel the competition at any time without warning or reason.
    • Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our FORUM TOU.
    • Your entry may not break any laws.
    • Entries must be in English.
    • In the event of a tie, the person who posted first wins.
    • Maximum 1 prize set per contestant; contestants cannot win for example 1st prize and 3rd prize.
    • In cases of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proving ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
    • Winners will be notified via PM or email. Winners must respond (with their postal address when applicable) within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to another contestant.
    • Judges decisions are final.

Good luck, everyone And now... go spread the love!

==================================================
    * * * Forum competition history and winners collage * * *

APR 2010: Forum Easter egg hunt | JUL 2011: Guess the number | AUG 2011: Photoshop caption fun | NOV 2011: Meme comp | DEC 2011: Create a Christmas sig
    FEB 2012: Create your own V-Day card | MAR 2012: Easter Fun | APR 2012: TR Fan Art "By Hand" | JUL 2012: The Fabulous Destinations of Lara Croft | JUL 2012: post your favorite (funny) screens | SEP 2012: AoD caption contest | OCT 2012: design your own forum banner | DEC 2012: Create a TR Holiday Card | FEB 2013: TR Early Game Contest APR 2013: Funny Caption Contest | SEP 2013: Design an outfit for Lara | DEC 2013: Lara's Christmas Story | APR 2014: TR Dark Horse Comics | OCT 2014: TR novel give-away | Dec 2014: Holiday season decorations | FEB 2015: Valentine's Day card

Click here for more photos...
    ==================================================
    Last edited by Driber; 19th Feb 2015 at 20:55. Reason: extended deadline

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

MMM juicy prizes! I shall have to muster up some creative thoughts
    signature image

good luck everyone looking forward to all your creative entries

Less than 10 days left, everyone! Where is the love?!

If you need inspiration, a quick laugh or both, might I suggest you go here for a blast to the past with one of our old card creation contests in 2012? http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=135235

Look forward to seeing your entries!

Check out one of the awesome prizes for this contest! We have a one of a kind, custom-made Valentine’s Day card signed by the studio waiting for one of our winners. I was admiring it in the studio and it is BEAUTIFUL!

This contest ends NEXT Friday, February 20th so get your entries in soon, everyone! Best of luck and happy Valentine’s Day!

Adorable! Now if that isn't a reason to enter, I don't know what is!

C'mon guys, let's see wacha got

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

One technical question!

On the "physical item" theme, can we use a printed photo of the real item? Like....Lara's axe, or her backpack, cause i don't have a real one! or cut out a cardboard on this shape?

Quote Originally Posted by KarengeR View Post
    One technical question!

On the "physical item" theme, can we use a printed photo of the real item? Like....Lara's axe, or her backpack, cause i don't have a real one! or cut out a cardboard on this shape?
    Id also like to see community picturess showing creativity with the Lara Theme even if non official cardboard cut out items that show off the tomb raider in everyone!

One technical question!

Yes, both are okay

So... *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*

(click image to enlarge)

I'm using the #1 theme = the physical item is the axe!
    Lara is giving it to her players, so they can "hang in there" while the next adventure arrives

Hope we get more participants, right?? And I'll try some more ideas!

So... *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*

(click image to enlarge)

I'm using the #1 theme = the physical item is the axe!
    Lara is giving it to her players, so they can "hang in there" while the next adventure arrives

Hope we get more participants, right?? And I'll try some more ideas!
    This is so beautiful! I can't wait to see more entries!

Lara and the bear are still looking for a good home! We’re so excited to give this card away that we just had to take a selfie to capture our excitement in studio!

We're really excited.

Be sure to get your entries in by February 20th. We can’t wait to see your creations! In fact, we can hardly bear it.
    Last edited by RobinHuey; 18th Feb 2015 at 23:14.

Well, with or without other participants... I will share my second entry
    *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*

(click image to enlarge)

Using the "Something Adventurous" theme = some physical itens!

I posted on DeviantArt, to "brighten" possible participants, who knows

I hope I did the image thing right!

Themes: Adventurous and Double.

(click image to enlarge)

"Something which made quite an impression on me in the latest TR game was the deer scene. For me I always felt guilty if, after killing the deer, another one would walk into view. My card reflects the 1st (adventurous) and 3rd theme (double). Stones (painted gold to reflect the card’s colour scheme) are suspended on the card using string which has been weathered, to mirror the coastline level in the game; I wanted to create the impression of the rocks being caught up in fishing nets... Also I think it’s pretty. Lara’s arrow is also in the shot."

Awesome entries, guys

Heads up, everyone - entries have been on the low side so I'm extending the deadline of the comp until the 1st of March.

Ancient theme.

(click image to enlarge)

The card includes an italian S. Valentine medal of 1979 from "Gran Marcia di S. Valentino, Bussolengo"
    I've also included 6 stamps with a period from 1919 to 1949.

I really enjoy this comp!

Good luck everyone
    signature image

DETAILS FOR MY DIARY-CARD ENTRY

This is an Italian medal from "Gran Marcia di S. Valentino - Bussolengo" of 04/02/1979 (how you can see on the back):

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

These are 2 Italian stamps used on 20/06/1919:

(click image to enlarge)

These are 2 Italian stamps used on 17 June 1933:

(click image to enlarge)

Diary-card details:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by tombraiderofficial; 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:45. Reason: Added new photos for details
    signature image

Reminder that this contest has been extended and now closes on March 1st!

Get your entries in for your chance to win one of our awesome prize packs including the one of a kind Valentine's day card signed by the team and more!

Well, with or without other participants... I will share my second entry

(click image to enlarge)

Using the "Something Adventurous" theme = some physical itens!

I posted on DeviantArt, to "brighten" possible participants, who knows
    Thanks for your entries and the extra doses of cheese in your entries. Love them both! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by JadenM View Post
    I hope I did the image thing right!

Themes: Adventurous and Double.

(click image to enlarge)

"Something which made quite an impression on me in the latest TR game was the deer scene. For me I always felt guilty if, after killing the deer, another one would walk into view. My card reflects the 1st (adventurous) and 3rd theme (double). Stones (painted gold to reflect the card’s colour scheme) are suspended on the card using string which has been weathered, to mirror the coastline level in the game; I wanted to create the impression of the rocks being caught up in fishing nets... Also I think it’s pretty. Lara’s arrow is also in the shot."
    Great entry! Thanks for the context too. I love the staging you did in your photo! Now I'm wondering how hard it was for you to fit in all that explanation in 99 words.

Quote Originally Posted by tombraiderofficial View Post

Ancient theme.

(click image to enlarge)

The card includes an italian S. Valentine medal of 1979 from "Gran Marcia di S. Valentino, Bussolengo"
    I've also included 6 stamps with a period from 1919 to 1949.
    Love it! Thanks for participating and sharing those bits of history!

How awesome entries... again!

Theme: Something "Mythical"

(click image to enlarge)

Note: if the photos are way too noisy, I uploaded the digital version here: http://i.imgur.com/0xyNg80.png
    Last edited by -Roli-; 24th Feb 2015 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinHuey View Post
    Reminder that this contest has been extended and now closes on March 1st!
    I would try not to make the lack of entries personality Robin as I know you are trying hard to motivate. Many of us support the series for nearly 20 years and we now have a head of studio Darrell who wants to act like we don't exsist. This maybe why there not so much love for CD. I would make an entry but I don't feel the motivation to get out there and do something nice for CD.

I will say though great job to those who put in such good entries.

Awesome entries, tombraiderofficial and Roland

---

Okay, folks, less than one day left. Tomorrow at noon is the final deadline, no more extensions, so get those last minute entries in if you've got any!

Theme: #4 Something "Mythical"

(click image to enlarge)

(Originals on Imgur.)
    signature image

SO...
    I was aiming for a card booklet with a bit of a nod to the "relic view" of Tomb Raider. The sub-theme, I guess, is "Immortal Love", featuring artifacts of love and immortality.

Awesome entries, everyone. I did my best
    Good luck.
    signature image

Aaaand the comp is officially closed!

Thanks for the amazing entries, guys. The next few days the team of judges will go through the entries and rate them. Winners will be announced soon!

There are some amazing entries. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast