Thread: The Summoner - Out February 3rd!

The Summoner - Out February 3rd!

The Summoner - Out February 3rd!

We know everyone has been waiting patiently for our new Vampire class, and we're excited to announce her release date is locked and loaded!

The Summoner will be joining Nosgoth on Tuesday, February 3rd. On that day, we'll be releasing a patch for the game to add the new class. Keep an eye on our Twitter feed for the latest news (and here on the forum!) as the update goes out.

To mark the release date, we have a lovely bit of new art to share with you all. Click here for the higher res version.

Ahead of this update, we will be releasing a patch tomorrow (Thursday January 29th) with a number of bug fixes and improvements, based on feedback we've received from players. This includes a fix for the Alchemist tutorial, and "Low" video settings that disable more graphic options, for lower end systems. This is slightly a few days later than the estimate we gave on our live stream, but allows us to ensure we get these fixes and improvements out there, before our big release on Tuesday.

We've been thrilled with the response to our live stream from last week, and we hope everyone is excited to try out the Summoner on Tuesday! If you want to catch a glimpse of her before then, head to Twitch.tv today, where popular streamer Swiftor is getting an early peek at the Summoner in a special preview match. Check out his channel today, January 28th, at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET, where he'll be showing off live Summoner gameplay! http://www.twitch.tv/swiftor
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Noooo, i'll be on holiday then. I do see this character opening some new possibilties in competitive play!

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Click here for the higher res version.

Can I haz a HiRes pic like that of the Deceiver, pweeezee??? :3
    signature image

Originally Posted by Varulven
    Can I haz a HiRes pic like that of the Deceiver, pweeezee??? :3
    Also I'd love one of the Sentinel too X3

It would be, in fact, awesome to have of all classes, so everybody gets one!

Also, super-excited about the Summoner incoming and already waiting on the Stream to watch her in action! *_*

I'll check into art for the other classes
    I LOVE this poster!

The stream starts at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET and it's going to be a good one! You'll see some of us pop up in the game too (including myself)

I LOVE this poster!

The stream starts at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET and it's going to be a good one! You'll see some of us pop up in the game too (including myself)
    In this case I'm like a teenager; I LOVE posters
    signature image

Thank you for a fabulous new wall paper for my phone, give it a black & white filter and she is absolutely menacing (it looks like she is holding the moon in the palm of her hand with the filter).

Last edited by GenFeelGood; 28th Jan 2015 at 19:56.

God, Id kill to play on that stream

Dat pic, so sick. <3
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Patching scheduled for 15h30 CET with 2 hours estimated downtime?
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

I LOVE this poster!

It would be great to get a group picture of all the evolved vampires once they're all done as well!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Why did you make a streamer, who obviously has no clue how to play this game, introduce the Summoner? I'm quite disappointed that this "summoner showoff" isn't moderated by someone who actually has any idea of what to do...

Originally Posted by YaronMS
    Why did you make a streamer, who obviously has no clue how to play this game, introduce the Summoner? I'm quite disappointed that this "summoner showoff" isn't moderated by someone who actually has any idea of what to do...
    Yeah this annoys me.
    They should have got two esl teams to do a summoner showoff, I would rather watch what the summoner can do in skilled players hands than watch some streamer derp around with her for a match.
    I would love to see what they can do with her e.g skill shots,tricks or various tactics they can come up with.

We showed off the Summoner on our own streams, but this was a late fun opportunity that came up to show it to a wider audience too, and it was a lot of fun!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I might have something in store if you like the idea of a group photo like that...

Cannot wait until Tues! this is gonna be so awesome
    Great artwork too <3 it.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Thank you for a fabulous new wall paper for my phone, give it a black & white filter and she is absolutely menacing (it looks like she is holding the moon in the palm of her hand with the filter).
    This is really really cool

Love the look and the overall idea. They seem a bit too...Together...to be Melchahim. Not quite decay-ey enough. Presumably the eventual evolved skin will handle that though. Still don't quite see the Melchahim clan in there...Reavers are all claws and armor, Tyrants are bulky pointy-eared things, Deceivers are spindly and spider-ish...

Either way, it's a minor thing, still hyped.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 31st Jan 2015 at 03:59.