Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: The Nosgoth Cosplay Thread

The Nosgoth Cosplay Thread

Originally Posted by ModernD

Just linking the Nosgoth facebook picture because I don't think I actually took any serious pictures of my own while I was walking around. But this was my Reaver.
    I'm not a huge of Worbla but that looks AWESOMEEEE! Well done ^^

Meet Mr. McDraw (aka my friend Kyle):

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 3rd Sep 2014 at 14:09. Reason: Image too large

Just linking the Nosgoth facebook picture because I don't think I actually took any serious pictures of my own while I was walking around. But this was my Reaver.
    Beware! Girls might fall in love with you
    Just kidding^^

This is absolutely beautifull!!
    signature image

This is so amazing! You did such a FNATASTIC job on it! Be very proud – as you created a master piece

I admit when I saw this pic on FB I was in town and I ran up to two friends and was like *squeak* look at this is awesome cosplay and then geekedout for like 10 mins about how awesome it is

Did you manage to sort the bald cap or did you have to shave your head in the end?

Funny pictures are always good especially if they’re really random like Reaver eating a burger or something

May I ask is Warbla easy to use? I’ve never used it on anything but am contemplating trying it at some point just for the fun of it?

I KNOW THERE WAS ANOTHER COSPLAY AT PAX - If the owner of it doesn't post a pic by the weekend I'm going to post it on their behalf!

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    May I ask is Warbla easy to use? I’ve never used it on anything but am contemplating trying it at some point just for the fun of it?
    http://www.coscraft.co.uk/thermoplas...t-a4-size.html

I guess. You need a heat gun and it's bloody expensive over here for just one sheet!

Thanks for all the compliments, I was honestly pretty disappointed during Pax as most the cosplayers seemed pretty leery of the guy in makeup, so its nice to see people here liked it.

As far as all the questions go. No I did not manage the bald cap, I had to shave my head. I at least managed to trim it down to a super low buzz so at least I don't look like Mr. Clean.

Its funny you mention the food thing because my friends took several shots of me eating because vampires shouldn't eat pizza. Ill try to post something else or link to what I have when I get home.

As far as worbla goes it is pretty easy to use but it definitely has a learning curve. You have to find the right temperature to get it at to shape it without melting it, or stretching it out, and you need to have an idea of how hot to get it to stick together. I had a lot off issues when I started because all the small pieces stuck on were coming off and when I heated up an entire piece the base shell would deform. Its noticeable in the chest piece where a lot of weird indents show up because of this. I would say 30% of the time I spent on the costume was trying to reshape it after I overheated it. I also burnt my self many times. The other issue I had was the texture. I knew I should have used a couple coats of primer so it could be sanded to smooth out, but it took more than I expected and I didn't have the time to do it well. And yes, as the other post says it is expensive. I spent 70$ per sheet and used 3 sheets to get everything, although I could have done it in 2 if I had tried to conserve space.

And yes there was a human there on Monday, Raziel Warmonic did a hunter. Pretty peeved at myself for not hearing about it earlier as I would have put stuff on again to get some human and vamp cruising the booth.

Originally Posted by Marmite666
    I guess. You need a heat gun and it's bloody expensive over here for just one sheet!
    As far as worbla goes it is pretty easy to use but it definitely has a learning curve.
    I kinda looked at it quickly at one point but was like umm no – but may try something small at some point – just to see how things go and to keep the costs down. Thankies very muchly for the info

Its funny you mention the food thing because my friends took several shots of me eating because vampires shouldn't eat pizza. Ill try to post something else or link to what I have when I get home.
    Yes please share some funny pics – cuz that stuff is always amusing

And yes there was a human there on Monday, Raziel Warmonic did a hunter. Pretty peeved at myself for not hearing about it earlier as I would have put stuff on again to get some human and vamp cruising the booth.
    Ah thankies muchly for the info on who it was – I saw the pic but didn’t know the gamer – now I can message them and pester pester pester for them to post their pic

Ah thankies muchly for the info on who it was – I saw the pic but didn’t know the gamer – now I can message them and pester pester pester for them to post their pic
    https://twitter.com/Nosgoth/status/5...039808/photo/1

Preview of what's to come :3

*desperately wishing she could have been at PAX*

Thankies for posting Eric! I hope you all geekedout at the cosplayers!

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    There you go.
    *Squeeeeeeeaaaaaak* Dude this is so frelling AWESOME! When I saw the pic posted at the weekend I geekedout big time! It's awesome! You did an epic job bringing Hunter to life! This is an absolutely amazing cosplay!

I have to ask did you make the crossbow? is that like a real? could you actually shoot vampires? If so can I borrow it to shoot vampires??? Could be fun!

Sylvastreak- your Sentinel is looking absolutely brilliant! I really can't wait to see it finished!...though it might be really disturbing and I might run away

*Squeeeeeeeaaaaaak* Dude this is so frelling AWESOME! When I saw the pic posted at the weekend I geekedout big time! It's awesome! You did an epic job bringing Hunter to life! This is an absolutely amazing cosplay!

I have to ask did you make the crossbow? is that like a real? could you actually shoot vampires? If so can I borrow it to shoot vampires??? Could be fun!
    Thanks!
    And no, I didn't have time to make my repeater so we had to borrow one from the Dead Island 2 photobooth thing that was set up right next to the Nosgoth booth *ahem* but it works!

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    There you go.
    ooooooooh
    It's good to know we are not the only people Cosplaying Nosgoth now lol. . .
    Think we are the only 3 in the UK though xD

Should have more pics of the prophet in a couple of weeks when our merry little band invades Nosgoth at EGX :3
    (trust me, she needs patching...that's what the next couple of weeks are for)
    In a non Nosgoth related pic, here's what I was up to this weekend just passed:

Last edited by Marmite666; 9th Sep 2014 at 13:00.

EGX pictures (thanks to Captain3009 for taking them )

Alchemist version 2:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    (I just realised looking at this that I'd lost one of my weapons from the bag...oops)

Just mucking about but here's a female Turelim for you....

(click image to enlarge)

*waits patiently for the girls to upload their pictures*

That's why that hug on the afterparty was so powerfull, you were a Turelim in disguise. lol.

Looking good as as a Turelim by the way, very well done.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Originally Posted by Captain3009
    That's why that hug on the afterparty was so powerfull, you were a Turelim in disguise. lol.
    *Evil laugh* I had you fooled
    Thankies muchly

Well MCM London was this weekend so I went out and roamed about as Cenobite's Hood Prophet...

(click image to enlarge)

...and that's it for my cosplays for this year

*waits patiently for the girls to upload their pictures*
    Sorry it's taken me so long.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Few more shots of the prophet from EGX. Anyone who reads this besides my immediate friends might be happy to know that I won the masquerade *squeeks!*

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    Lothasa the Scout and her friend Liese the Alchemist (Sylvastreak) :3

It's the convention time of year again...

For every serious cosplay there is a fun cosplay...and this was mine for SDCC 2015. I decided to cosplay one of my Nosgoth OC's, Agent Ray the Reaver...if you hadn't guessed he's a Clan Dumahim agent, get it? ha. sorry.

I can confirm Ray now has hair, that bald cap was a nightmare, I can also confirm one of my later cosplays this year will also have hair!

Where do you come up with the materials for that customes?

Originally Posted by TheMalgot
    Where do you come up with the materials for that customes?
    Do you mean for the Reaver one? If so this was just a fun cosplay so I just bought stuff and modded it, this one was just something easy and fun to go along with the serious costumes I made.

I got the clothing from a shop in town, the tie and bald cap I got online and the Sanzaroo I already had from previous characters I've cosplayed. I just modded the tie/shirt with Acrylic paint from the DIY store and the badge and the book I made.

So many invisible and/or broken images...

Just thought I'd add my cosplays from MCM London October 2015 here...

(click image to enlarge)

...and just cuz it's funny...the most tiny Tyrant ever

...and yes the t-shirt says Free Tyrant Hugs

Holy crap, that's bloody fantastic! So much awesomeness rolled into a single post!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

My Razielim cosplay

Originally Posted by Vamphira
    My Razielim cosplay
    This is an awesome cosplay, well done in creating such a beauty! which con is it for?

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last