Thread: How to compress .raw file

How to compress .raw file

Hello. Do you have any program to import/export .raw files?? Im trying to mod LoK Defiance but I have no idea how to compress my bitmaps to .raw

Importing any texture changes back into the game has always been the problem. That's why in the modding thread, I only used Texmod. I don't think any further headway has been made on importing files directly into the game's bigfile. Vampmaster was working on alterations to SR2, so perhaps if he gets that going, Defiance will be next.

I saw russian translation of Defiance on Nosgothica and somehow fans changed .raw file with fonts. @Wrace said that the man who broke it disappeared and it is hard to reach him. It seems that all hope rests in Vampmaster. It would be great if he could write simple script to encode/decode this kind of file - Eye of Raw rocks.

Raw files aren't the same as vrm files. IIRC, raw files look easier, but it's the vrm files that I've been investigating.

Blincoln hasn't dissappeared. He's just really busy.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    IIRC, raw files look easier, but it's the vrm files that I've been investigating.
    May I ask you to write script for encoding/decoding? I think it would be useful for modders.

Quote Originally Posted by AsPhAlT1 View Post
    May I ask you to write script for encoding/decoding? I think it would be useful for modders.
    For vrm or raw? vrm is something I started, but haven't gotten quite right yet. It may be a while before I get some free time. Raw, I haven't really looked into before. I'd basically have to read the code that Ben wrote and work backwards. The source code is on his site, so anyone who knows C# would know as much as I do if they look at that.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Raw, I haven't really looked into before. I'd basically have to read the code that Ben wrote and work backwards. The source code is on his site, so anyone who knows C# would know as much as I do if they look at that.
    Defiance .raw bitmaps are coded in strange RLE ARGB. I tried to decompress it via Microsoft scripts(they also used this kind of compression) but it didn't work. I think it is not as simple as it might seem

It's not a problem to read file. You can just use this:
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/Softwar...ye_of_RAW.html

It's editing the raw file and putting it back inside the game that's the problem. In other words, it doesn't work in reverse.

It's not a problem to read file. You can just use this:
    In other words, it doesn't work in reverse.
    It makes .png file not .bmp. By far "reverse" option is needed