Thread: Advice on Human perks?

Advice on Human perks?

Advice on Human perks?

I'm close to having enough gold to buy a perk for humans permanently. I use Undying Wisdom for the vampires and I have found it incredibly useful for all classes, but my test with a temporary Quick Wits hasn't yielded as dramatic of results. The problem has been that humans are prone to dying quickly, particularly when you're on a bad team, so there's no time for a second usage of abilities with or without Quick Wits. But I'm not entirely ready to rule it out either.

To help me make an informed decision I'd like some advice on what top players consider the optimal perk for each Human class and what they would recommend as a versatile option. If it helps my preferred human class is Prophet (with Heavy Pistols), my alternates are Scout (Warbow or Stormbow) and Hunter (default), and I very rarely play Alchemist.

Get fleet footed <3

dead eye is what i use except for alchy and scout (quick hands and tinkerer respectively) and i prefer bloodlust for vamps
    signature image

My experience was this: Use dead eye untill your aim is at a point where you are comfortable without using it (it helps steer your shots a lot if your aim is a little bit off) and then switch to tinkerer. This is for Hunter/Prophet/Scout.
    For alchemist I've always been using quick hands and tinkerer in some rare occasions when I find myself strapped for ammo and know healing stations will be far away from the position I will be holding and/or if I'm going to be trying to poke around corners a lot.

For vampires: Bloodlust is an amazing perk that you definitely will notice difference in combat with, that said for reaver and sentinel I usually run undying wisdom to reduce the cooldown on my leap attack and airstrikes, these are the only occasions that I will switch away from bloodlust.

Keep in mind these are just guidelines that I have come up with with my own experiences and you need to find out yourself what suits you the best.

For your class layouts: deadeye, fleet-footed, or quick-hands is what you're looking for.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by HoopleDoople
    If it helps my preferred human class is Prophet (with Heavy Pistols), my alternates are Scout (Warbow or Stormbow) and Hunter (default), and I very rarely play Alchemist.
    Deadyeye for prophet/hunter, tinkerer for scout. Nothing else is really good for these two.

Fleetfooted is honestly pretty bad.

I main prophet/scout, occasionally play hunter, and am a terrible alchy. Prophet, without a doubt is dead-eye. Prior to a week ago, I would've agreed with Warmonic as to fleetfooted, but I've developed a fondness for it. With that said, I will agree tinkerer is also a viable choice for scout. I would try both when you can and see what you feel like makes the most impact. I'm still experimenting. Hunter is the same as prophet, dead-eye, and alchy is more than likely tinkerer, at least that is what I use.
    http://www.twitch.tv/heyzeus_

Deadeye on all but alchy.

Originally Posted by HexMee
    dead eye... helps steer your shots a lot if your aim is a little bit off
    This sounds misleading - deadeye reduces the random spread of the weapon. This is shown by the size of the targeting circle, which gives you an indication of the area your shots might land in. If your aim is a little bit off then deadeye will not add any autoaim to your shots - in fact it does the opposite and points them more precisely at the place you aimed.

The combination of a smaller aiming circle and a more precise first shot will help you learn to aim more accurately though, which is probably what was meant here.

It's a great comination with the Heavy Pistols as their damage is high and only falls off gradually with distance. I enjoy repeatedly chipping Sentinels for 100+ dmg per shot from halfway across the map with these

Deadeye and tinkerer are both choices you won't regret spending gold on.

As to fleet footed - it's probably not as useful as the other two, but I would recommend it for flashpoint. A combination of fleet footed and a sprint speed weapon makes it as good as impossible for vampires to catch up.

What is the purpose of fleet footed? I purchased the permanent version as I was told I would be able to outrun the left click spam of the vampires but it really doesn't seem to do that at all. Fleet footed doesn't seem worth the cost at all if it is unable to do that.

i bought deadeye, love it on my hunter with base repeater

but im eyeing quick wits (equivalent of undying wisdom) simply because usually half the time of me dying is when i have to reload and my cooldown is ALMOST up...but not up yet.

Trust me Quick hands for all classes. Everything else is unnecessary

Originally Posted by maresrb
    Trust me Quick hands for all classes. Everything else is unnecessary
    Nah i like dead eye for all but alch and scout whom i use tinkerer or quick hands
    signature image