Thread: Increased contrast for certain skins

Increased contrast for certain skins

Increased contrast for certain skins

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the Evolved Dumahim skin blends in too well with most environments? I'm almost guaranteed to perform better against reavers using any other skin, since they have bright faces and super shiny armor. I strain my eyes a lot more tracking that muddy scoundrel.

Would it be terrible to make his gold armor shine brighter, to bring his visibility on par with others? If it's not a bad idea, a few other classes could use higher contrast too. I certainly don't want to ruin their look. Thoughts?

There was an update earlier to make him as visible as others and I think it was well achieved personally.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    There was an update earlier to make him as visible as others and I think it was well achieved personally.
    I agree ... it's already on par with the others in terms of visibility.

To OP: maybe try adjusting your monitor brightness, gamma, and/or contrast?

Oh hey, there was? Do you know when? I'll pay more attention next time I see it; this was just something on my mind for a while that I only brought up just now. Good to know.

This must be the patch: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=14996

That was before I started playing, so I guess I felt this way despite the fix. If everyone else agrees it's fine as-is I'll just consider it a challenge to overcome.
    Last edited by Lord_Aevum; 15th Jan 2015 at 14:17. Reason: merging consecutive posts

Well, I don't have any issues with spotting the vamps in the environment.
    The humans clothing (especially the hunters) is the real issue for me.
    It just has too much olive/khaki coulours and I just can't see it when I roam the battlefield as vamp.

A high contrast mode for colourblind people like me would be really good
    signature image

Originally Posted by Varulven
    Well, I don't have any issues with spotting the vamps in the environment.
    The humans clothing (especially the hunters) is the real issue for me.
    It just has too much olive/khaki coulours and I just can't see it when I roam the battlefield as vamp.

A high contrast mode for colourblind people like me would be really good
    I am green-red-colourblind and have not any problems