Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) Warmonic's Beginner & Advanced Guide to Sentinel

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION) Warmonic's Beginner & Advanced Guide to Sentinel

UPDATE;
    Three new videos:
    2 Freeport, 1 Provance

- COMBAT SECTION WILL COME AFTER PAX PRIME, SORRY GUYS!

This is an amazing guide. It really brought to light the things I was doing wrong. Can't wait to read more!

FWIW, with one of the last two updates, the two grabbing abilities started working for me again. I'm not sure if that was an intentional bugfix or a coincidence, but it's neat to be able to play as the Sentinel again.

Nice guide for beginners, really appreciate it =)

I like how you fly - way faster than me. gonna learn it

how ever i must say you play the sentinel a little bit different than me. You do not initiate fights and simply wait for a good chance to go in. Its easy for beginners to do so but you hope for someone to go in first and die for you. I see the Sentinel more as a initiator because we have the best ability to make people miss - unless there is a scout with an aimbot but this is a little different i guess. We can fly in and fly out while forcing cooldowns or at least a position change and a reload or two.

My spec is: Abduct, Puncture, Takeoff and Undying Wisdom.

I play often in solo que and my strategy is always the same. Ask a reaver, you have mostly one, to force their scout to move with his cloude, it doesn't matter which one he uses. After the scout moves start to run you go in and get anyone, if possible the scout, after you Abduct him you land close to him and kill him or hit him at least once. After one or two melee attacks your Abduct is close to be ready again. If you are in luck someone will bola you than you use your takeoff and go in again if not use the takeoff to do 100 dmg to the enemy. Go back to the enemy and Abduct someone else and finish him off. In most cases i can go in first and deal 500-2000 dmg depending on melee attacks.

Now if i don't have any reavers i will simply go in use my Abduct just to make people nervous and fly out. This way the tyrant/deceiver have a chance to move in while people are focused on me. It doesn't matter who is on my team, unless we are 4 sentinels :P

With my strategy i initiate, force movement, create opportunities and force people to react. This way i increase my winning chance and don't hope for a good team because i will make any team good if i get someone to use any poison cloud =)

I just finished up watching one of your gameplay videos and I notice whenever you drop people from abduct, you pull up into the air much higher than I do in game. Do you push your mouse up or press W or do you have some kind of secret special krabby patty recipe? :P

Originally Posted by Razihel2
    how ever i must say you play the sentinel a little bit different than me. You do not initiate fights and simply wait for a good chance to go in. Its easy for beginners to do so but you hope for someone to go in first and die for you. I see the Sentinel more as a initiator because we have the best ability to make people miss - unless there is a scout with an aimbot but this is a little different i guess. We can fly in and fly out while forcing cooldowns or at least a position change and a reload or two.

My spec is: Abduct, Puncture, Takeoff and Undying Wisdom.
    Hi Razihel2,

the way i see the build RazielWarmonic is suggesting to use works quite similar to yours, but without the need of a reaver doing the distraction. Airstrike does the same as Choking haze, doesn't it? The downside to her build is that you can't abduct a second time that easily.

Regards Yaron
    Last edited by YaronMS; 9th Sep 2014 at 09:38. Reason: reduced the quoted part

i think i need to be more specific

i only need help if i play against lvl 40 scouts or people with aimbots. And no Choking haze is not the same as Airstrike - simply because Choking Haze makes an area not accessible for the enemy. If someone will throw a grenade i can take the damage and still not move while the blind/poison will make you miss.

I think it depends: is your enemy good at shooting you down ? are they always in houses ? are they in open area ?

but like RazielWarmonic said: stay in open area and you are more safe against Sentinels. Trust me every good Sentinel can fly upstairs it doesn't matter to us :P

I'd love to see a quick video explaining air dodge boosting. I get the general concept, but I see other sentinels pull it off much more effectively than myself.

THE FANE:

Lol I noticted I am in the video too the 2nd time I watched it xD. I was the hunter Syrath, gg it was ^^

But great video it will really help ppl who want to play Sentinel more. Really nice job this guide *thumbsup*
    I'm currently KDA 1842/824/1514 on Sentinel altho I still have trouble finishing ppl off on the ground, but seen you charge attack when you land and there is my fault, I land and walk and normal attack.
    Last edited by Lizzy86; 24th Oct 2014 at 04:35.

Post #6, image 3, Airstrike image.

Good stuff.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

An excellent guide. From a fellow sentinel player, (this is my most played vampire class at level 20+) this is the sort of thing that would have helped a lot when I first started with the class. At times the game can feel like it has has steep learning curve and this helps a lot with that.

Great guide!

(click image to enlarge)

Been a while since I've updated this, but I just got done with a Sentinel Flying Guide and thought ya'll would like to know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaARdB2YZKI

(and if any mods can remove the "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" part of my post title, I would appreciate it, thought I could edit after... d'oh!)

I promise I'll finish this... eventually... maybe.... heh.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12