Thread: Archaeologists Uncover Ancient Replica of Mythical Tomb of Osiris

Archaeologists Uncover Ancient Replica of Mythical Tomb of Osiris

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I bet the archaeologists who found it didn't get trapped inside and fight off gods. Well, Lara went there first and did all the hard work for them

^ hahahahaha yesss

What a coincidence, I must say.

Lara got to meet Osiris, bet those archaeologists can't say that for themselves

Guess it isn't mythological any more though is it
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

An ancient replica. Now that's something you don't hear every day either.

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

What is it a replica of exactly? the description in Egyptian lore? if so does that not make it the real deal? and the lore was describing this very tomb?
    signature image

I don't believe "the real deal" was actually real. I'm don't know much about Egypt, by my guess is that it was indeed in fact the construct of what you described as the Egyptian lore.

Maybe it was a Tomb dedicated to Osiris similar to the monuments and shrines dedicated to various Gods throughout the globe. Perhaps this Tomb was somewhere where only prestigious Pharaohs could be buried to have a safe guard to the after life (nothing like the God of the Dead watching over you) the ancient Egyptians did remarkable things for their dead believing that you would need to keep your body intact for your soul to rest, which is what lead to mummification. This could be something of that or as I've said just to be a safeguard or a watcher over the dead. The Greeks had their coins maybe this was an Egyptian equivalent and the stories came after.

I am only speculating of course, someone more educated than I probably has a better answer.
    signature image