Thread: Your Views On Handling Vampires

Your Views On Handling Vampires

Your Views On Handling Vampires

What do you all think is the best way to fend off vampires as a team fight breaks out?

This is meant as your generic standard procedure in any vampire fight, but if you want to cover specific situations or even specific team builds that'll be great too :P

My view is that generally you want to lock down some vampires and shoot up the others, like stalling a vampire that attacked you so you have time to attack another vampire that's in your ally's face to thin the numbers and make it easy to focus them down one by one. It's usually easier to shoot a vampire that's jumping around your friend a few feet away than one jumping around you.

I also think this changes depending on which class you're playing. I feel that Alchemists are a great ally to look after because they can clean up vampire groups fast if left alone and provide great support, but because they can't cc vampires very well the team should do their best to support her in her close up fights.

Hunters and default Prophets are blessed with great duelling skills and can stop vampire actions almost completely for a few seconds. I think that it's a good idea for them to cc a vampire (probably a vampire that focused them if at all) then focus attention on providing extra DPS backup to their teammates while they temporarily don't have to worry about the closer vamp. Maybe a Prophet with the new shield should shield an ally then focus on getting rid of any threats to themselves.

I'm not really sure about Scouts. It's hard to say when their skills vary so much. With the default loadout and any none-utility bow, I'd probably just look after myself first in a fight, shooting a vampire as much as possible, using knives to stall, and Volley hopefully onto teammates before the fight starts or after the Scout's free from his attacker. Things become very easy for him once he's sitting at a nice distance away with no interruptions in the middle of a teamfight, especially if he has a Swiftbow

Again this is just a very generic view on how I think a team should support each other based on vampires threatening each team member. Things change entirely when somebody's caught in a kidnap or pounce or when one target is an annoying chunky Tyrant with a bunch of squishy friends.

Any additional thoughts or disagreements? It'd be nice to see a different approach or even be convinced that said approach is a better way to handle vampires in general.

i agree with most of what you said here, alchy should be almost a bodygaurd trying to keep a little distance and lighting up the vamps, hunters with whip and sticky can win most 1v1 ATM and is great for cc with bola, scout and prophet im not as good with so not much to say
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sorrowgate
    My view is that generally you want to lock down some vampires and shoot up the others, like stalling a vampire that attacked you so you have time to attack another vampire that's in your ally's face to thin the numbers and make it easy to focus them down one by one. It's usually easier to shoot a vampire that's jumping around your friend a few feet away than one jumping around you.
    This is something I almost always try to do, even if I can't "stall" the vampire attacking me with CC. I'll see two vampires jump down from above and one attacks me and the other attacks my only team mate in the area still alive. These are both basically 1v1 fights, and the vampires are probably going to win both fights this way having not taken any prior damage and already being up close. I try my best to help my team mate win his fight (ignoring the one in my face, trying to shoot around him), which usually results in me dying by doing so, but there is a chance my team mate can come to my rescue after winning his battle (thanks to my help/sacrifice) and save me, or at least pick up the second kill after I'm dead or prevent the vampire from feeding on me. Getting at least one kill, or both, is much better than both of us dying and getting none.

This doesn't really show up on the scoreboard (in fact it makes your team look good and you look bad there), but it does help get the Win. It makes you look even worse when your team never does this for you as well.

Originally Posted by MasterZtark
    This doesn't really show up on the scoreboard (in fact it makes your team look good and you look bad there), but it does help get the Win. It makes you look even worse when your team never does this for you as well.
    Oh, the amount of times I've been the focus of a few vampires, killed in seconds but that same focus lost them the teamfight... then I look at the scoreboard and feel bad :P