Thread: New Forum Skin!

New Forum Skin!

Happy New Year, true LoK believers!

To celebrate the ringing in of the New Year and all that may be accomplished -- that we're all still here, alive and kicking is a big one -- with the help and support from Driber, I've fashioned a new coat of paint for the place. A new forum skin is up, highlighting our favorite two anti-hero protagonists and the turmoil of the world they fight within.

You'll notice some other goodies, like new posting buttons, and if you happen to want to use the skin as your default forum skin, it works seamlessly in other sections, too, except for a couple of sections like the main General SE section, which aren't set to be overridden by any other skin. Within your profile for pms, Spectral versions of the buttons are also available.

I hope you all enjoy This section soldiers on, no matter what.
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 6th Jan 2015 at 23:44.

Ah, very nice! I see you used the two toned red/blue theme I suggested. It's a nice mirror of the orange/green of the Nosgoth forums without being just a direct copy. I was going to help with the wallpaper if I knew you'd started. It really looks great, however I was wondering if you'd be able to insert a link back to the Nosgoth forums in the place where they have the "Click here to report bug" button. It looks like a built in place for the forums to link to external sites, so I dont think the structure of the forums within the database would be an issue from there.

If the Nosgoth forums could do the same and link back here, that would allow Nosgoth fans to find their way here as well. Maybe the main www.nosgoth.com site could include a link here in the community menu as well.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Ah, damn I am sorry, Vampmaster! I intended to say in my post that it was your suggestion that the place needed a new skin and a red and blue motif to match the orange and green of Nosgoth in the first place.

I really apologize for leaving that out.

I'm still waiting to hear about any link ability for the LoK and Nosgoth sections. I hope that with the New Years over, some word on that will be coming soon...

As I was saying, it probably wouldn't link from the same table with Nosgoths subforums, but I'm sure there would be reserved parts of the page where you can link to where ever you like (from a technical standpoint), which appears to be how they added that bug reporting example I gave.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The place sure is looking swell

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Well, this is pretty.

you mentioned that i can use this skin in other places? love the new look btw
    Last edited by Uggabugg; 7th Jan 2015 at 20:59.

Thanks Yes, up under the banner, where it says Forum Settings, go to General Settings and near the bottom, Forum Skin, you can use the drop box there to select the skin as your default skin. Save at the bottom and it will work across the forum (except a few sections where their default skins overrules this).

This looks awesome, thank you Hylden for this nice masterpiece. i gonna use this as my general forum skin.
    Last edited by Captain3009; 9th Jan 2015 at 16:13.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

You're welcome Glad to hear it.

Really like the new skin - only slight change I might suggest is the little edit text within the postbit could do with being slightly lighter and the "Quick Navigation" text could do with being a little bit darker depending on where the Quick Navigation text sits on the background.

Otherwise, an excellent job!

Thanks, Jeffers Just to mention, I was waiting to reply, but I wanted to let you know that I have passed on the feedback. This falls under things beyond what I can do about the skin, but we'll see.

Quick Navigation text has been updated. Jeffers, what exactly are you referring to with the "edit text within the postbit?"

Sorry, ui do keep popping in and out, honest!

this is what I was meaning in the postbit

Edit: #cccccc would probably be a lot better from a visibility point of view

Last edited by Jeffers; 18th Jan 2015 at 20:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers View Post
    Really like the new skin - only slight change I might suggest is the little edit text within the postbit could do with being slightly lighter and the "Quick Navigation" text could do with being a little bit darker depending on where the Quick Navigation text sits on the background.

Otherwise, an excellent job!
    Hmm, it looks like the other forums don't have quick navigation. I might give Driber a poke about that.

Ahh I see what you mean now about the color inconsistencies in the 'last edited by' text, Jeffers. Looks like *all* dark skins had this problem. It's corrected now, thanks

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

That's the one, I'll stop being picky now.

Cheers Driber