Thread: One day... (Will the series go on?)

One day... (Will the series go on?)

Yeah except one person, who at this point I feel only concerned with lining his wallet stated "If people want more chrono hehe, buy more chrono!" I'm sorry but considering I bought the initial release, bought it on DS and playstation, I might have bought more chrono on the PSN but since my PSP's busted I can't confirm that. on top of it I've bought company released merchandise, Radical Dreamers, and Chrono Cross on it's first week here, I'm just going to say that after a certain amount of buying chrono, I feel like I've had everything. Like there's not much else we could buy so we could "get more chrono". I eve have Nuumamonjaa... I'm sure there's numerous fans with multiple copies after it's what... 3rd or fourth rerelease? We can't buy much more if you don't put much more out. Are we supposed to time travel and buy radical dreamers as well? But a beautiful prject was the fan made 3D restoration of chrono trigger, kind of sad they shut it down. I wish I woulda kept the files lol

So at this point I don't think it will ever happen especially since they want it to be the original team and apparently times spread everyone from that team out...

For You the Fan and Follower, hardcore videogamer and Chrono Fan The next Chrono Game Should be:

a) Chrono Trigger 2
    b) Chrono Cross 2
    c) A Diferent game from the others ... say 'Chrono X'? (Diferent story Final Fantasy style on Chrono Franchise?)

What do you think?

None of the above, another game similar to CC would be the best way to go. Same world, just a different fix to a different part of the timeline. Maybe they'll actually show us where the real Schala is if they do end up making a fourth Chrono game. First though, I wouldn't mind actually getting an NA copy of the second game (I can't remember what it was called, it was only released on the Super Famicom in Japan... Radical Dreamers, maybe?), I read a fan translation of the game script but that wasn't quite enough for me

Originally Posted by Basho

None of the above, another game similar to CC would be the best way to go. Same world, just a different fix to a different part of the timeline. Maybe they'll actually show us where the real Schala is if they do end up making a fourth Chrono game. First though, I wouldn't mind actually getting an NA copy of the second game (I can't remember what it was called, it was only released on the Super Famicom in Japan... Radical Dreamers, maybe?), I read a fan translation of the game script but that wasn't quite enough for me

Chrono Cross is more an enhanced/expanded version of Radical Dreamers.

Chrono Brake all the way baby!

Seriously, the PORT of Chrono Trigger sold a million, on top of that its one of the best selling VC games.

Why is this not being made? It makes no sense to me >_<

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Chrono Break the name of the DLC Sazh minigame in FFXIII-2?

Tiael, I thought Radical Dreamers was just someone who might have been Serge, Kid, and Magus breaking in to Viper Manor? If so, wouldn't that have been the raid that happened at Viper Manor in the Alternate World that they mention happened a short while before the events of CC started?

A few years ago there was a 3D next gen being made by fans. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, or a Chrono Trigger 2. Chrono Cross was pretty good too, but not near as magical to me as the first one.

I've played both "Chronos" and I have to say that Chrono's Cross' vivid environments and characters led me to love it so much. I wish we could get Sqaure Enix to invest in another Chrono game! I'm sure fans would jump on it in no time. I always thought the Chrono games were popular.

Chrono Trigger was my first RPG on the playstation!

Originally Posted by Basho

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Chrono Break the name of the DLC Sazh minigame in FFXIII-2?

Tiael, I thought Radical Dreamers was just someone who might have been Serge, Kid, and Magus breaking in to Viper Manor? If so, wouldn't that have been the raid that happened at Viper Manor in the Alternate World that they mention happened a short while before the events of CC started?

It's another alternate reality for sure, but it's more an expanded and altered version of Radical Dreamers (CC that is), and even has a Radical Dreamers easter egg in the game (which ties in with the alternate realities), so I don't expect them to ever revisit RD.

www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Easter_Eggs_ (Chrono_Cross).html

It's at the bottom of the list, link isn't working for some reason so just copy and paste and remove the space in it.

I definately missed that when I played the game... all eight times. Lol

Also, I was wrong, the FFXIII-2 DLC Sazh minigame was named Chrono Bind. I know I heard some rumors that we were getting a new Chrono game when SE applied for a trademark on that name last year

:C both are great games its 2 bad... ;__; the story ... omg i wanna play them now ;_;

im pretty sure they'll get back to it.

same here.

man I hope we finally get another game in this series it is long overdue.

Chrono Cross being the most recent system for a Chrono type game, it may be best to expand on it. Though to counter Chrono Cross, it would be interesting to see two of the main protagonist and the two worlds. being forced to hop between the two to get things done.

it is my all time favorite game. once in a while i do remember this game with ff game.

it is my all time favorite game. once in a while i do remember this game with ff game.

Never! I still play this every now and then to get all possible endings... This game is too good to be forgotten... SE please a sequel is badly needed!

I bought a brand new copy of the game just last month. I hope things can't be forgotten if they're still selling. Granted, I bought a lot of other games too, but the game was new off amazon...does that count?

Hell no.

Chrono Cross has a special place in my heart.

I haven't played Chrono Cross (yet) but I believe another game that shares some gameplay elements but has new characters and story could be quite interesting.

they need an HD port of this............ have it on ps1 but second disc is screwed up... i played for 200hrs +, good game. Lol, i remember i used to print out like the whole entire strategy guide from gamespot at my public library.

This is not likely to happen for one single reason. Most of the artists that created this pieces of Art are not working for S-E anymore. They are with Monolith Software, which is currently under Nintendo.

This applies especially for Xenogears as well. Again, this is unlikely to happen but not impossible.

bring on the sequel already.

i adore chrono chross.

chrono trigger was kinda meh to me.

Originally Posted by imported_Alex

This is not likely to happen for one single reason. Most of the artists that created this pieces of Art are not working for S-E anymore. They are with Monolith Software, which is currently under Nintendo.

This applies especially for Xenogears as well. Again, this is unlikely to happen but not impossible.

Well then Square and Monolith with Nintendo could team up to make the next Chrono game on the Wii-U exclusive. Bring in Mistwalker and also

Mitsuda to work on the soundtrack.

It'll happen.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last