Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: One day... (Will the series go on?)

One day... (Will the series go on?)

One day... (Will the series go on?)

We will see this series continue. One day... before I'm dead I hope

Now I need to go play Chrono Cross again, it's been a good.... 3 or 4 years, enough for me to forget half the story lol

If you've forgotten the story, then it'll just be like playing it for the first time! Apparently, Chrono Cross was #14 on Famitsu's most fan-desired sequels. Not surprised at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_cross#Seque...

I love the Chrono series.

Speaking of that, I should replay Chrono Trigger DS and Chrono Cross on my PSP one of these days.

Two of my favorite RPGs.

Yeah Water, I tend to rotate my RPGs in such a way that by the time I come back upon them, I've forgotten most of the story so it's like playing it brand new~ish again =]

However lately I've been in a real huge Persona rut for some reason o.o the PSP remakes of 1-3 and P4 have dominated my last 6 months of gaming lol

How much of the original CT team exists? As far as I can remember, most of the CT team wasn't even there when Chrono Cross was made.

I always saw Chrono Cross as more of a spin-off into the Chrono world than a direct sequel, since everything supposedly goes back to the way the CT ending was after CC.

Originally Posted by Zul

How much of the original CT team exists? As far as I can remember, most of the CT team wasn't even there when Chrono Cross was made.

There were still quite a few members, but the "Dream team" was mostly gone. Masato Kato (director/writer) and Yasunori Mitsuda (composer) were the main returning members. Since then, those 2 have gone freelance and a good chunk of the Chrono Cross team is either gone or absorbed into other teams like the FFXIV one.

Anyway, I would absolutely love Chrono Break (or whatever name is chosen) as well. One of these days...

It would be interesting to see a new game, but would it live up to our memories of the series? I am not so sure anymore. A lot of people can't even stomach Cross because it's not similar enough to Trigger.

I love Chrono Cross, one of the best games made. I still listen to the soundtrack.

Love to see another installment for sure.

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MV-FvxoR1PQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I would personally stone to death anyone who hates on Cross. I personally found it bounds better then trigger. Just one man's opinion though :P I hold both games in high regard, above most FF titles infact.

Even if a new-gen Chrono title wouldn't 'live up to our expectations' I think everyone's expectations are a little high and we would all be happy just to see another title in the series.

Although I couldn't say the same for PE and The 3rd Birthday -_-

I gotta say I miss that sorta depth that Chrono Cross had in an RPG, and an RPG set in tropical sorta vibe seems to always be good, theres just something about it.

And if they made a new one like its been said it might be a little risky without the Masato kato or the old team to work on it and end up like the 3rd birthday even though I'm the few who liked it.

Originally Posted by Tonyr86

Even if a new-gen Chrono title wouldn't 'live up to our expectations' I think everyone's expectations are a little high and we would all be happy just to see another title in the series.

I think that's true. Even if the dream team isn't still around, it could still be a solid game as long as we don't hold it to the bar set by CT/CC. That'd be a little unrealistic.

Maybe, I hope we at least get Chrono Break some year, maybe before I turn 40.

So you've got a while SE, please?

I enjoyed CC a little more than CC, but both are awesome.

we hope not...
    =/

I'm playing it again nowadays, so no. I'm at the part where you got to get the Dragon Relics, actually. Black Dragon down, Marbule has been saved, now for the Earth Dragon.

Originally Posted by afonso
    we hope not...
    =/

Nope, I personally find it better than Chrono Trigger, though both are 2 of my favorite RPGs.

Never forgotten here.

for me also is the best rpg already done ... and also never forget, and I hope you still have a continuation

sounds like a dream i mean a remake HD of both chrono trigger and cross... :C

Yeah except one person, who at this point I feel only concerned with lining his wallet stated "If people want more chrono hehe, buy more chrono!" I'm sorry but considering I bought the initial release, bought it on DS and playstation, I might have bought more chrono on the PSN but since my PSP's busted I can't confirm that. on top of it I've bought company released merchandise, Radical Dreamers, and Chrono Cross on it's first week here, I'm just going to say that after a certain amount of buying chrono, I feel like I've had everything. Like there's not much else we could buy so we could "get more chrono". I eve have Nuumamonjaa...

So at this point I don't think it will ever happen especially since they want it to be the original team and apparently times spread everyone from that team out...

I love it, I still play the soundtrack at night. I rebought it from a videogame store for fifty bucks, just because I love it that much.

I think I'd actually name my son Serge... if it weren't old enough to have him made fun of at normal schools.

I still have the the game (both the original black jewel case and the Greatest Hits version), the OST, and I have it downloaded from the PS Store on my PS3. I still play it on my PSP every now and then.

So nope, definitely "not forgotten". Not by me, anyway. Square Enix seems to have forgotten the series though.

Originally Posted by Zyzxx

I still have the the game (both the original black jewel case and the Greatest Hits version), the OST, and I have it downloaded from the PS Store on my PS3. I still play it on my PSP every now and then.

So nope, definitely "not forgotten". Not by me, anyway. Square Enix seems to have forgotten the series though.

More like it wouldn't be what it was since they wouldn't be able to get the "Dream Team" back together anyways.

I wish Enix would make a new Chrono Trigger, kinda like Chrono Trigger Resurrection. I think everyone that loves Chrono Trigger would be very hyped up about it. Just a thought...

But we will probably never see one no matter how MUCH we want it [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif[/img]
    youtu.be/UBNzKvb-S8Q

its a sad time in the gaming industry when U have to beg / plead to a company saying "we want X game" (sigh)

I know i also love RPGS and would love to see a new Chrono game come out also bring back the Breath Of Fire series these were some of the best RPGs and seems like they are only going to be forgot about over time

I have to agree with rpg-gamer's video post. It would be fantastic if another chrono game were to be made. But the likelyhood of it ever happening is slim.

I had to be about 19 or 20 when news came about that square registered the name chrono break as a trademark, I remember being very excited at the time. I really didn't give up all hope until I found out SE let the name expire. I've imagined a HD CG Chrono and exactly what the trailor might look like, but I dont see this series getting a new addition or even a graphical reboot anytime soon...if ever. Kind of sad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last