Thread: Better for 2015

Better for 2015

I hate the words resolutions so I avoid it. What are you promising yourself to do better in 2015? Me, better nutrition and more miles running without giving up too much game time.

I might spend less time online and maybe I'll go to the gym
    signature image

I'm going to have my car paid off by the end of the year, and a downpayment for a house saved up. So a bit better management with the purse strings, I guess.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    To be a better person.

I'm going to try hard at being better at avoiding junk food and hopefully that will lead to me being better at fitting into a more preferable size of clothes.
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

- Walking straight up. I have a curve.
    - Get rid of all my developing compulsions and paranoia.
    - Buy less items to save money. PS4 games are a bit more expansive than PS3...

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

A world where words do not condemn you to death.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCopy View Post
    Paris?

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCopy View Post
    I would like that too Whitecopy. Hopefully such a day will not be too far away in the future. It is important now more than ever that everybody stand together against those that would threaten equality and free speech and who try to divide us.
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

I do the same thing every year:

Learn something new every single day.

Could be a piece of information or a skill. Just needs to be something. Been doing that one since 2007, though it started out as "Learn a new word every day." It's served me well, though it has changed many of my world views along that time.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTaffer View Post
    I do the same thing every year:

Learn something new every single day.

Could be a piece of information or a skill. Just needs to be something. Been doing that one since 2007, though it started out as "Learn a new word every day." It's served me well, though it has changed many of my world views along that time.
    hear hear!!!!!

What I can promise myself for 2015. Keep follow the dream, never give up, never complain, less sleep - work harder, prioritize interests and workload, find some good friends. And keep it in mind at least till the end of 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by square_art View Post
    What I can promise myself for 2015. Keep follow the dream, never give up, never complain, less sleep - work harder, prioritize interests and workload, find some good friends. And keep it in mind at least till the end of 2015!
    As someone who's been taking that path for a long time now, the only one I'd advise against is less sleep. Sleep's pretty important and if you don't get enough, everything else crumbles around it.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

^^^ Absolutely agree. The body needs to recharge, both for physical AND mental health.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Yeah, it makes sense. The only exception can be when you are exciting and can't wait to finish some work or part of the project and just can't sleep more than 6 hours per day and don't feel tired at all. Though in few days it can be 12h sleep