Thread: First Person Perspective

forums.eidosgames.com, Join Date: Dec 2006, Posts: 13

First Person Perspective

As an old school fan of Hitman (I've still got all the old boxed retail copies of Hitman), one of the biggest disappointments of Hitman: Abomination, er i mean Absolution was the lack of First Person Perspective (there were others but this is a single grievance per thread).

bringing back First Person Perspective to the next Hitman game (as well as the other great features missing that were in older releases) would go a long way towards me paying full price for the next title instead of waiting for it to be on sale for $5 a year later.

I fully agree. Having played the 2nd, 3th, and 4th épisodes exclusively with the subjective view, i was disapointed by its removal and it's one of the reason i waited for so long to get Absolution. I wonder though how it would have worked with the new cover system.

But we're really not a lot of players who used it, so i don't expect its return in Hitman 6.

I'm an old school fan of Hitman too and i played all the hitmans on my computer.I finished silent assassin,Contracts and Blood money using the First Person Perspective.So i want this back to the new hitman 6.

So...

I just watched the E3 trailer for the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_Mx3-ZMGE

How is that considered a "Gameplay Trailer"... there's no gameplay, just in-engine rendered events

if this game has no first person perspective this IP is dead to me.
    Last edited by drivetheory; 16th Jun 2015 at 21:52. Reason: typos

I agree, first person needs to return.

When can we find out about if there will be first person?

Quote Originally Posted by drivetheory View Post
    So...

I just watched the E3 trailer for the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_Mx3-ZMGE

How is that considered a "Gameplay Trailer"... there's no gameplay, just in-engine rendered events

if this game has no first person perspective this IP is dead to me.
    It is actual gameplay but captured from other angles. Do you even know what a gameplay trailer is?
    So don't buy it and leave if you hate it so much. Nobody's gonna miss you. And we won't be the ones missing out either.

Originally I thought leave out FPS view as I do not use it.

But many enjoy it and it provides another way to play the game.

You need to bring it back, simple. Why limit the options?

Because you can't be arsed to made the animations for FPS view?
    I find it somewhat strange that Absolution, targeted at consoles, did not include FPS view, kind of like pissing in the wind.

Look at what Rockstar Games did with GTA V, they ADDED first person perspective and in doing such increased their user base.

I always hated first person view. Never could get used to it, my eyes just couldn't adjust to it. BUT, it should be included for people who are used to playing Hitman that way. Then again, why fix 47's face and walk if you will be playing in first person?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbianco View Post
    ...why fix 47's face and walk if you will be playing in first person?
    - For the sake of professionalism.
    - Because one should take pride in their work.
    - For the same reasons studios add viewable feet/legs/chests to your player character in other first person perspective games.

Being one of the people who still own the originals on disc, who loved the series enough to re-purchase them DRM-free from GOG.com, who fervently promoted the series to his ever growing circle of friends and fellow gamers throughout the many years it saddens me to have to say this but...

This IP is dead to me.
    Last edited by drivetheory; 18th Mar 2016 at 03:10. Reason: clarification