Thread: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Official Japanese Website
    Official English Website

Further Discussion
    FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper Official Strategy Site
    - Get the latest info! The place for questions and chat regarding FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 6th Mar 2015 at 19:09.

Announcement
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper Teased By Square Enix And DeNA (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix and DeNA, a mobile games provider and owner of the Mobage platform, recently opened a teaser site for a Final Fantasy Record Keeper and a countdown with less than three days until its reveal.
    Final Fantasy’s Greatest Battles Remixed In Final Fantasy Record Keeper (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix and DeNA unveiled Final Fantasy Record Keeper which has sprite drawn heroes from Final Fantasy I to Final Fantasy XIII mixed up in one game.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:14.

Hello,

I been to the website but it is in Japanese. Could you tell me what this is about and is there a way to translate the website to English?

The characters look so cute!

Thanks.

Hi there, FantasyDreamKey,
    the Final Fantasy Wiki has some details on the game, however it's pretty much the same info that Siliconera has already covered. I will keep an eye out for further updates though.

Thanks Grimoire.

I took a look at it and it is looking really good. I hope it will play like the main Final Fantasy games where you pick attack and magic. I also hope they will release it worldwide so that all the fans can play it and enjoy it. I want to try it! I love to have Dr Mog as my teacher and have my favorite heroes in my party!
    Last edited by FantasyDreamKey; 25th Jul 2014 at 19:10. Reason: Add in my thoughts

New Characters
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper Turns Memorable Fights Into 16-Bit Style Battles (Siliconera, Famitsu)
    - In Final Fantasy Record Keeper Kain from Final Fantasy IV plus Snow from Final Fantasy XIII can battle Rufus from Final Fantasy VII and Dark Knight Cecil can help Final Fantasy VI’s Terra destroy Magitek Armor.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:12.

Guest Appearances
    Tetsuya Nomura Makes An In-Game Appearance... In 16-Bit Fashion (Siliconera)
    - As part of a new campaign for the game, Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura and Ichiro Hazama, along with voice actress Shoko Nakagawa, will appear as guest characters.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:12.

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper Transforms Final Fantasy VII Into 2D (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a hodgepodge of Final Fantasy nostalgia. Players enter the worlds of different Final Fantasy games – all of which have been transformed into classic 2D with the classic ATB battle system.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:11.

One Million Downloads
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper Surpasses One Million Downloads (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy Record Keeper came out on September 25 and in just ten days the game broke the one million download mark.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:10.

Final Fantasy VII
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:10.

Sales
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper Raked In Over A Billion Yen (Siliconera)
    - The game generated a billion yen ($8.67 million) in one month.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Mar 2015 at 23:09.

Final Fantasy VII
    Last edited by Grimoire; 12th Feb 2015 at 01:26.

Final Fantasy IX
    Check Out FFIX In Pixel Art Form In Final Fantasy Record Keeper (Siliconera)
    - In Final Fantasy Record Keeper, you take on the role of a history department worker that checks out sealed memories of different worlds.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 12th Feb 2015 at 01:26.

Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy VIII’s Demo Mission Remade Into 2D For Final Fantasy Record Keeper (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy Record Keeper, a Final Fantasy game where you travel through different Final Fantasy games, has a new event where you play through the a 16-bit version of the Siege of Dollet.

Emperors Saga
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper X Emperors SaGa collaboration. (4Gamer)

Announcement
    Announcing the upcoming release of FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper!
    - Pre-register now.
    - Official Website.

Pre-registration Launch Rewards
    Announcing the upcoming release of Final Fantasy Record Keeper!
    - Pre-register now for special launch rewards.

Further Discussion
    FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper Official Strategy Site
    - Get the latest info! The place for questions and chat regarding FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

FF Record Keeper altered for English release.

Having dabbled with the JP version of this game before the localization announcement, I was happy to see this gaming coming out in English, as, for a phone game, it's actually pretty neat. It really appeals to my FF nostalgia as a person who's been buying the games since the original on NES.

However, once the game was released, I couldn't help but be disappointed. The game icon was changed from Cloud/Terra/Cecil to Cloud/Lightning/Tidus, apparently to appeal to a more modern sensibility. After playing for a short while, I unlocked the Mist Cave and saw that the original SNES graphic background from the JP version had been replaced by screenshots from the DS/iOS port of FFIV.

I gotta say, for a game that bases itself entirely on playing through both classic AND modern FF games and celebrating the nostalgia from both, the English release is trying its best to erase that. Really disappointing.

I am afraid that you will have to take any feedback and further discussions about this title over at the official forum for Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Kamiwoo.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper review

I was going to post this in the Record Keeper thread but it is closed so I'll post it here.

You can post your opinions on this game or you can post your favourite parts playing this game.

I had downloaded this game a few weeks ago and I have to say that this game bring back memories for me. The music take me back especially FF7. The gameplay is just like the previous games with ATB. I really enjoy playing it. I was lucky to get some of the characters.

I had fun playing the event Of Shinra and Legends.

I am now leveling up my characters and getting orbs for the skills. Can't wait for the next event.

Thank you Grimoire for keeping me updated about this game. I am having a lot of fun with it.

Reading your review was a pleasure, Key.
    (It would be nice to further discuss this particular title here on the Square Enix boards, however I have been asked to direct everything Record Keepers to the official forums. Thus, this thread had to be locked.)