Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - December 18th Update

Patch Notes - December 18th Update

Exclamation Patch Notes - December 18th Update

Dead of Winter
    Winter has arrived and with it comes new Exotic weaponry! Winter Items are infused with the power of Balefire and can be found under the EVENTS tab in the Store for Gold or Runestones. This event will run until midnight PST on January 5th.

French and German Language Support
    Nosgoth is now localized in French and German!

Friend Referral
    With the launch of the Friend Referral site tomorrow, you can start earning rewards for referring Friends to Nosgoth. You'll earn loot for each referred friend that reaches Level 20 including Gold, Runestones, and exclusive Skins for the Scout and Sentinel. Visit our website from tomorrow to get started!

Class Tutorials
    Tutorials are now available for all classes and provide a 7-day item reward specific to that class upon completion.

Game Modes
    Flashpoint is a new version of Siege that is taking its place in the playlist selection. Flashpoint mode tasks the Human team with capturing six objectives in a limited amount of time. Each objective captured increases the time limit. The only goal of the Vampire team is to prevent humans from capturing all six objectives before time runs out.
    Flashpoint is disabled in this build while we finalize testing on it, but it is coming soon. Siege has been removed from the available playlists.

Performance
    • Found and fixed an issue from the last update causing World Detail settings to not apply correctly, resulting in worse framerate for some players
    • Made Low and Medium settings more aggressively turn off features that impact performance
    • Implemented a fixed-size texture pool to reduce framerate hitches from textures streaming in and out while moving around levels. This is not enabled by default. For now, you must add "-usetexturepool" to your Nosgoth launch options in Steam. Some users may experience low resolution textures near them with this setting enabled.

Bugs
    • Fixed an issue causing party members' Boosters to sometimes show up as Crossbows or Perks
    • Fixed a few cases where Shadow Step would not activate correctly
    • Fix for Achievements not tracking correctly across matches
    • Blinding Shot no longer fires only one projectile when shooting at your own feet
    Last edited by Saikocat; 19th Dec 2014 at 10:50.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Thanks Cat, a lot of exciting stuff here! ^_^

Sounds pretty nice, but what's with the deceiver (bug fixes)?
    He's been treated like an orphan again
    signature image

Is there a way to change the language back to english?
    signature image

"more aggressively turn off textures" I don't know why that made me laugh, but it did.

Also thanks Cat, I am so HYPE at the moment.
    AHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE STUPID EVENTS THAT ARE ALL ABOUT COSMETICS.

Originally Posted by Louves
    Is there a way to change the language back to english?
    Set Launch Options
    -language=int

Now I want the old build back.
    Having disconnects every match.
    signature image

Getting the ever fun random disconnects mid-match again. So frustrating, and pointless playing until it's fixed.
    signature image

Servers crashed. Expecting network issues. Disconnect. 99% of the matches.

Three matches, disconnected midway through all of them. Lobby not launching on the fourth.

Time to play something else for a bit!
    signature image

The game is incredibly unstable, 6/8 matches i played have ended in a disconnect. Both me and my party teammate got kicked straight out.
    The game is almost unplayable atm.

We're looking into the disconnects, bear with us, guys.

Saikocat, how does one get the banner you had in-game? It looked winter-related but it's not in the store.

I always played on low details and I always could see the aoe (choking haze for example) circle. Now I dont see it anymore on low details.

Originally Posted by Phytik
    I always played on low details and I always could see the aoe (choking haze for example) circle. Now I dont see it anymore on low details.
    In your "BCMPSystemSettings.ini" file set "DynamicDecals=" to "True"

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Saikocat, how does one get the banner you had in-game? It looked winter-related but it's not in the store.
    We'll check into that, it looks like it's not appearing on the store for you guys yet.

Thanks, I thought there was something missing, since it does say "banners" on home screen. I liked that banner.

Yep, there are two banners, but they're not showing up just yet. That one you saw me using is probably my new favourite, too!
    We'll let you guys know once they're sorted, at the moment we're working on the issue causing match crashes.
    Bear with us, guys.

Originally Posted by Varulven
    Sounds pretty nice, but what's with the deceiver (bug fixes)?
    He's been treated like an orphan again
    Like Varulven said, nice update, but fix the old bugs first pleaaaaaasssseee

You broke game again..Now i got disconect right in middle of shoting with no reason... Game just stopped, logo appeared and i am back in main menu.

Was there any serious patch which didn't broke party system, matchmaking or any game concept ?

Anyway,thanks for tutorials and new game mode.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Set Launch Options
    -language=int
    Thanks Corey

Illusions seem to be the reason for the disconnects. I saw it several times today. Everytime they despawn everyone disconnects.
    signature image

its the deceiver illusions guys, you shoot one, or anyone shoot one, whole match crashes.

people are already using it to grief by preventing a loss by crashing the entire match.

We're aware of the issue and are looking into the issue as fast as possible. Sorry for the troubles it's causing.

Some Achievement are still not tracking correctly. For example: "Vae Victis!", "Death For The Dead" and "Natural Born Killer"
    signature image

I have ALOT of achievements that doesnt track. In short Everything that you cannot complete within a single match doesnt record / count for me.

(click image to enlarge)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last