Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: Unable to Complete Game - Tomb of the Architect Bug

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1

    Unable to Complete Game - Tomb of the Architect Bug

    Hi,

    I have completed all of the missions except for one, it is the Tomb of the Architect. The current mission says to "Restore Osiris's command over the Cold". I am unable to gain access to the tomb even though the statues point to that tomb. When I stand on the tiles nothing happens, from watching a video I noticed it is supposed to cause the cog to move and then you need to bomb the ice off of the cogs. I have all of the parts to the body apart from the head. But I am pretty sure I have completed everything in the order that the games points me in.

    Thanks

    Paul.

  2. #2
    I have the same problem. PS4. Last patch installed. All statues point to the same location. I recorded a short clip, if that helps.

    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (stuck): http://youtu.be/0FteicWr-B0

  3. #3
    Well, judging from the Video hausnes made, i can confirm, that your struggles have nothing to do with the latest Patch.

    The cogs are unable to move, because they are still iced. You need to "bomb off" the ice from four cogs in total, before you're supposed to stand on the tiles, don't even try to blast off the Chamber Door, waste of time. (and bombs)

    That should work, as i completed the game twice by now without any major issues, once just yesterday with Patch 1.2 installed.
    Last edited by Reptile1983; 18th Dec 2014 at 14:26.

  4. #4
    I to have completed all of the missions except for the Tomb of the Architect. The current mission says to "Restore Osiris's command over the Cold". I am unable to gain access to the tomb even though the statues point to that tomb. When I stand on the tiles nothing happens, I have watched the video and it goes to a cut seen and the cogs move a little bit then you have to blow up the ice. It will not go to the cut seen so I cannot proceed. This happened to me earlier in the game and I have to restart the complete game, this is yet another glitch. Please sort it out as this has become extremely annoying.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile1983 View Post
    Well, judging from the Video hausnes made, i can confirm, that your struggles have nothing to do with the latest Patch.

    The cogs are unable to move, because they are still iced. You need to "bomb off" the ice from four cogs in total, before you're supposed to stand on the tiles, don't even try to blast off the Chamber Door, waste of time. (and bombs)

    That should work, as i completed the game twice by now without any major issues, once just yesterday with Patch 1.2 installed.
    I'm sorry I didn't show that me and my wife indeed did try to blow up the ice, too. Indeed, we tried hundreds of times. So much in fact that my wife got sick of it and left. The video was recorded after long hours of testing for everything.. I've just tried this again today, solo, and there's no chance of getting the cogs moving by standing on the tile and launching grenades, rockets or mining them.

    Really love the game, but I was looking forward to getting 100% completion after finishing the story, not doing it all again because of a buggy game.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hausnes View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't show that me and my wife indeed did try to blow up the ice, too. Indeed, we tried hundreds of times. So much in fact that my wife got sick of it and left. The video was recorded after long hours of testing for everything.. I've just tried this again today, solo, and there's no chance of getting the cogs moving by standing on the tile and launching grenades, rockets or mining them.

    Really love the game, but I was looking forward to getting 100% completion after finishing the story, not doing it all again because of a buggy game.
    The same problems here, i attach a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NvVYsPEZB8
    Thanks in advance and i wait the results.
    Console: PS4

  7. #7
    Same exact issue for me as well. The door is closed & the cogs are stuck frozen. I even deleted the game & re-downloaded bu to no avail. Will Square Enix step in on this please? What a huge inconvenience.

  8. #8
    I have the exact same issue. (PS4) I also tried the "solution" mentioned on this forum to no avail:

    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=149067

    No matter on which account or which save I try, either solo or with another player the issue persist. Safe to say I regret buying the season pass for this game. This should be fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Guys I figured put a way to fix this problem.
    Here's what I did (PS4):
    Deleted the game => Re-downloaded the game => before you start the game after you've redownloaded the game, delete the update file (the game will update itself if the update file is downloaded on your console. Make sure you cancel the update file download whenever it's initiated.

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Mad-Devil; 18th Dec 2014 at 23:52.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Devil View Post
    Guys I figured put a way to fix this problem.
    Here's what I did (PS4):
    Deleted the game => Re-downloaded the game => before you start the game after you've redownloaded the game, delete the update file (the game will update itself if the update file is downloaded on your console. Make sure you cancel the update file download whenever it's initiated.

    Enjoy!
    Hey i`ve tried it and it works, thanks man you rock. Square-enix you don`t deserved that money!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,566
    Hey there,

    Sorry you're having trouble with this tomb. The team in the office is trying to reproduce the issue to get to the bottom of what caused it. I know you've found a workaround for the time being, but if you have a moment to answer these questions it may help us sort the problem out. When you were playing, were you:

    Local co-op or network multiplayer?
    Did the players join in progress or on the main menu?
    If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    When the other player joined the first player did they have save progress?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?

    Again, really sorry for the trouble!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey there,

    Sorry you're having trouble with this tomb. The team in the office is trying to reproduce the issue to get to the bottom of what caused it. I know you've found a workaround for the time being, but if you have a moment to answer these questions it may help us sort the problem out. When you were playing, were you:

    Local co-op or network multiplayer?
    Did the players join in progress or on the main menu?
    If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    When the other player joined the first player did they have save progress?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?

    Again, really sorry for the trouble!
    Glad you are looking into it!

    Local co-op.
    Joined at main menu.
    First session player 2 joined and chose NO on copy. Second session (when we came to the Tomb Of The Architect) we tried YES on copy.
    Player 2 is a real profile.

    Another thing I remember; on getting one of the earlier body parts (sorry, cannot remember which) we did not go to the center of the area to see the cut scene, we jumped straight into another tomb. If that helps..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post

    Local co-op or network multiplayer?
    Did the players join in progress or on the main menu?
    If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    When the other player joined the first player did they have save progress?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?
    Local
    Main menu
    Always joined from main menu
    Yes
    Real profile

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey there,

    Sorry you're having trouble with this tomb. The team in the office is trying to reproduce the issue to get to the bottom of what caused it. I know you've found a workaround for the time being, but if you have a moment to answer these questions it may help us sort the problem out. When you were playing, were you:

    Local co-op or network multiplayer?
    Did the players join in progress or on the main menu?
    If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    When the other player joined the first player did they have save progress?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?

    Again, really sorry for the trouble!
    I had this while playing on single-player.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hello,
    I completed every tombs except tomb of the architect cuz gears never move (Squared tiles have no function),I deleted the game and re-downloaded and i was start to play version 1.00 so without any patch but no luck so never works for me.It was says ''Restore Osiris's command over the Cold'' and now after installed patch then says ''Find out a way of the Pyramid'' what the hell is this? So Kepri(Left Side) and Sobek (Right Side) (It was completed also) is location and on the middle no way to out because blocked with the ice.I really like the game then i bought season pass too but i'll be soon regret really.I hope upcoming patch will resolve that annoying bug.I just want to say thanks in advance,Who cares with the problem then......

    P.S:I'm a PS4 user too.
    Last edited by Vojta75; 22nd Jan 2015 at 04:31.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Devil View Post
    Guys I figured put a way to fix this problem.
    Here's what I did (PS4):
    Deleted the game => Re-downloaded the game => before you start the game after you've redownloaded the game, delete the update file (the game will update itself if the update file is downloaded on your console. Make sure you cancel the update file download whenever it's initiated.


    Enjoy!
    Iv also tried this and it works, Awesome work dude!

  17. #17
    It has to be an issue with the latest update cause if I delete and reinstall the game and let it update I still have the same problem,
    But if I delete and reinstall the game and delete the update, it lets me progress in the game.

  18. #18
    I have the same problem as described here - last tomb not accessible. However, the solution described of deleting and reinstalling without the patch does NOT work for me unfortunately

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Devil View Post
    Guys I figured put a way to fix this problem.
    Here's what I did (PS4):
    Deleted the game => Re-downloaded the game => before you start the game after you've redownloaded the game, delete the update file (the game will update itself if the update file is downloaded on your console. Make sure you cancel the update file download whenever it's initiated.

    Enjoy!
    This worked for me too.

    Sad thing that it is the users and not the developers that have to sort these things out.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by SancticuS View Post
    This worked for me too.

    Sad thing that it is the users and not the developers that have to sort these things out.
    I totally understand your frustration, but promise we are trying to sort it out too. As a quick update for everyone, we're still trying to reproduce the issue with information here and from those of you who have submitted tickets. Finding the specific trigger is the tricky part.

    I'm sorry we don't have a more concrete update at the moment, but I want to ensure you we're still on this!

    If you're new to this thread and can fill out a ticket on the Square Enix Support thread so we can get more details of exactly when this bug occurred for you, it would be much appreciated: http://tombraider.tumblr.com/techsupport

  21. #21
    Same problem for me on the PS4. Playing single player last night and just defeated the Pharoah. Went back to the shrine for the cut scene and it shows I am only missing the head now. The statues point me to the tomb of the architect but the button will not press down near the door to start the cog sequence. Also my mini map no longer shows me a yellow "next" dot and the temple of the architect is not listed on the map either.I spent hours last night and am totally stuck and unable to proceed.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    I totally understand your frustration, but promise we are trying to sort it out too. As a quick update for everyone, we're still trying to reproduce the issue with information here and from those of you who have submitted tickets. Finding the specific trigger is the tricky part.
    Hi MM,

    I am stuck in the same place and I have an idea what might have triggered it - I remember I was playing with my friend and we went to that location before we were supposed to. Maybe that's the reason? At least it's worth a try.

    Dru

  23. #23
    I am also having exactly the same problem, and so I can't continue in the game. I'm playing multiplayer, with someone who doesn't have a separate account on my machine but does login to PSN before playing alongside me.
    There's simply no cut scene explaining the cogs once we get to the place in question - we only realised something was up when we looked at youtube videos and even though it was single player, we knew something wasn't quite right. The iced cogs are identical, but we can't do anything with them. Also, there's no yellow 'next' marker on the map either.

    I'd love to know if there's an ETA for a fix, as otherwise it's been largely wasted money on buying this game. :-(

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey there,

    Sorry you're having trouble with this tomb. The team in the office is trying to reproduce the issue to get to the bottom of what caused it. I know you've found a workaround for the time being, but if you have a moment to answer these questions it may help us sort the problem out. When you were playing, were you:

    Local co-op or network multiplayer?
    Did the players join in progress or on the main menu?
    If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    When the other player joined the first player did they have save progress?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?

    Again, really sorry for the trouble!
    Same problem on my ps4 copy of the game.
    I was playing single player

    As other people here i had visited the door of the temple before in the game, and i think after defeating the pharaoh i had gone to the door first than in the osiris statue.

  25. #25
    I too visited this section of the game early on before I would normally have access to the tomb of the architect. I joined another player that was in the process of blowing the ice off the cogs. I selected not to update my game to this point as I wanted to keep my single player progress. I dropped out of the game and picked back up on my single player game. Everything was fine until now I am actually supposed to unlock the tomb but can't. The other issue I noticed is that my game now says I have 0 of the five optional tombs complete. I previously completed all five of these but my game now says zero. If I go back in and complete one of them again it still shows zero are complete.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •