Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to Complete Game - Tomb of the Architect Bug

Same problem here, and I bet that there are at least 10 times as many people that have problems with this but haven't reported anything.

My suggestion to CD is to make a specific patch that patches the saved game information that the game keeps and tick the door/area or whatever variable/s that needs to be ticked in the save game data for the game to interpret the door/area as already open. Hence the player would be able to enter it, and so move on.

Yes, I know that means some people can cheat using the selective patch of course. However since your dev team doesn't seem to find the reason behind this doing it this way at least the people who would like to finish the game can do so without replaying the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin232 View Post
    Same problem here, and I bet that there are at least 10 times as many people that have problems with this but haven't reported anything.

My suggestion to CD is to make a specific patch that patches the saved game information that the game keeps and tick the door/area or whatever variable/s that needs to be ticked in the save game data for the game to interpret the door/area as already open. Hence the player would be able to enter it, and so move on.

Yes, I know that means some people can cheat using the selective patch of course. However since your dev team doesn't seem to find the reason behind this doing it this way at least the people who would like to finish the game can do so without replaying the entire thing.
    I totally agree. This should be done as a service to those of us having problems.

I hit the same problem today.
    Digital version installed 14/12/2014, Had the latest patch, playing alone in local private setup. (Been playing the game on and off since Xmas)
    I remember going and stepping on the pad outside the temple in question earlier than required and I think a sound was heard but no cut scene. I grabbed the red helmet thing off the top of this temple (which made 5/5 at that point) and then I went and did the temple to the south.
    Later on when needing to open this temple the pad looks inactive (maybe depressed already) and no cut scene plays.
    I deleted the game and reinstalled without letting the patch install and as soon as the game started it played the stuck/frozen cogs cutscene immediately and prompted me to free 4 cogs.
    From this point I've been able to continue successfully. (Haven't installed the patch yet)

Quote Originally Posted by LL1QU1DD View Post

So now to actually playing the game.

Completed the Tombs as the story instructed me to do right up until the Snow area. At this point after crossing the iced bridge rather than heading Up(North/West) to the tomb of the architect I headed down (East) and completed the Tomb of the Torturer never actually seeing the plate or jammed cogs until I had completed both other snow tombs and the challenge tomb.

This leads me to believe that if another tomb is entered/completed before the plate is activated, prompting the cut scene, the plate it self deactivates and can no longer start the chain of events that lets the player open the tomb.

Hope this helps, If you have any further questions let me know.

Regards

L1QU1DD
    I'm playing local co-op (1 other person). We did the exact same thing and are having the exact same problem. I think you might be on to something. Completing the Tomb of the Torturer before the Tomb of the Architect may be associated with the problem.

Local
    Joined on main menu
    Played together throughout
    Second player joined with PSN profile

I'm guessing there was never a fix for this? Tried playing it on PS4 and got this far in about 5 hours and then stuck on this part... Was really enjoying the game and so bummed out but have no time or patience to start over.

Already tried reinstalling and running the game pre-patch installation.

Hey square Enix..... Where is the fix for this? Really disapointed,

I to have the exact same problem. Played Coop the entire game with a friend and stopped at this bug.. Tried to delete the game aswell, but i have the digital version so when You download again You gain version 1.02 straight away. So its really bad i cant finish the game and You should be assamed that You havent got a fix out still.. Crappy game, will spread the Word.. I dont bother playing through the whole game one more time just for this last dungeon

Same problem. I have the gold edition on disk and the reinstall did not fix it. I can't do the extra dlc tombs either because the next one is still frozen over.
    Why are they not fixing this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123