Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Complete Game - Tomb of the Architect Bug

Same problem here: PS4, game updated to the latest version (according to the console): 1.02

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    [...] When you were playing, were you:

Local co-op or network multiplayer?
    Did the players join in progress or on the main menu?
    If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    When the other player joined the first player did they have save progress?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?
    • Local co-op
    • Main menu
    • No
    • Real profile

If the players joined in-progress (instead of on the main menu) at what point in the game did they join?
    If local co-op was the second player signed into a real profile or a guest profile?
    Network multiplayer
    Joined at the main menu
    N/A
    Yes, they had their own progress (but it was actually the same. I was playing locally on their system before and copied my profile's save data onto mine)
    N/A

Hey there,

Sorry you're having trouble with this tomb. The team in the office is trying to reproduce the issue to get to the bottom of what caused it. I know you've found a workaround for the time being, but if you have a moment to answer these questions it may help us sort the problem out. When you were playing, were you:

Again, really sorry for the trouble!
    local co-op
    player was from the main menu
    started co-op game together and have had the same save progress through the game
    the second player signed in with their real profile

Statues point to the door No cut scene No cog movement Repeated all the tombs and challenges

same as everyone else. However, the buttons did result in an animation initially. We bombed three of the gears, then got distracted by 'The Mummy' tomb. Upon returning to the door the gears no longer moved, were all re-iced and do not respond to bombing.

Local
    Player joined on main menu
    Been playing together the whole time, same progress.
    Second player was on a PSN profile (but not PSN plus).

Hey there! Our QA team has a theory of what may be happening to cause this bug. Those of you encountering it, are you playing on disc or digital download?

Hey there! Our QA team has a theory of what may be happening to cause this bug. Those of you encountering it, are you playing on disc or digital download?
    Hi! I'm playing on disc. I hope they'll find the solution very soon. Me and my brother want to finish this game.

digital download here. same exact problem, never got the cutscene, playing locally, single player, always use the menu

Quote Originally Posted by tr-fan-4-ever View Post
    Hi! I'm playing on disc. I hope they'll find the solution very soon. Me and my brother want to finish this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyshorts View Post
    digital download here. same exact problem, never got the cutscene, playing locally, single player, always use the menu
    Thanks for the answers! Passing along!

Hi Meagan,

Getting to the party late, thought I could add my 2 cents and hopefully give you guys some help in solving the problem.

Firstly I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread. All tombs completed except Tomb of the Architect.

Playing Conditions:

Local
    Hosting private game (single player)
    Only I playing starting from menu
    N/A
    N/A

PSN Digital Download, Version 01.02 Last Updated 18/12/14

First Played 14/12/14

So now to actually playing the game.

Completed the Tombs as the story instructed me to do right up until the Snow area. At this point after crossing the iced bridge rather than heading Up(North/West) to the tomb of the architect I headed down (East) and completed the Tomb of the Torturer never actually seeing the plate or jammed cogs until I had completed both other snow tombs and the challenge tomb.

This leads me to believe that if another tomb is entered/completed before the plate is activated, prompting the cut scene, the plate it self deactivates and can no longer start the chain of events that lets the player open the tomb.

Hope this helps, If you have any further questions let me know.

Regards

L1QU1DD

Thanks so much for the feedback and information you've provided in regards to the Tomb of the Architect bug on the PlayStation 4. The QA team has committed a sizable amount of time to trying to reproduce the issue and get to the bottom of what is triggering it.

They've taken into account the details and scenarios you've provided, both in these forums and with your video uploads, but at this time are still unable to find the root of the problem. This means we can’t promise a fix, though we will continue to monitor the forums for any new details. We don’t expect anyone starting a new game will be affected by this issue, so we suggest you restart the game. All of your items will be saved.

I wanted to give you an update rather than keep you waiting, and deeply apologize that you’re experiencing this issue.

Thanks so much for the feedback and information you've provided in regards to the Tomb of the Architect bug on the PlayStation 4. The QA team has committed a sizable amount of time to trying to reproduce the issue and get to the bottom of what is triggering it.

They've taken into account the details and scenarios you've provided, both in these forums and with your video uploads, but at this time are still unable to find the root of the problem. This means we can’t promise a fix, though we will continue to monitor the forums for any new details. We don’t expect anyone starting a new game will be affected by this issue, so we suggest you restart the game. All of your items will be saved.

I wanted to give you an update rather than keep you waiting, and deeply apologize that you’re experiencing this issue.
    So basically the game is now unplayable for us? I can't understand how the QA team can't find a fix and reproduce it when it's happened to many of us. Not happy at all... Refund maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Macready13 View Post
    So basically the game is now unplayable for us? I can't understand how the QA team can't find a fix and reproduce it when it's happened to many of us. Not happy at all... Refund maybe?
    It's happened to a small percentage of players, not everyone so please don't blow the issue out of proportion and demand a refund As Meagan explained, the team have to recreate the problem themselves before they can deduce what it causing it; so unless you're able to start a new game and find out what causes the issue yourself (which could be a challenge), you're either going to have to be patient and hope that the team solve it soon or as Meagan said, restart the game; in which you'll still keep your items
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    It's happened to a small percentage of players, not everyone so please don't blow the issue out of proportion and demand a refund As Meagan explained, the team have to recreate the problem themselves before they can deduce what it causing it; so unless you're able to start a new game and find out what causes the issue yourself (which could be a challenge), you're either going to have to be patient and hope that the team solve it soon or as Meagan said, restart the game; in which you'll still keep your items
    I've tried the restart. That it's happening to even a tiny number is still an issue that needs o be solved. Obviously it has to do with the latest patch. I'm obviously not serious about the refund as I do love the game, but i'd love to be able to finish it on my console of choice (PS4)...

Hey there,

Sorry you're having trouble with this tomb. The team in the office is trying to reproduce the issue to get to the bottom of what caused it. I know you've found a workaround for the time being, but if you have a moment to answer these questions it may help us sort the problem out. When you were playing, were you:

Again, really sorry for the trouble!
    A friend of mine and I have the same problem. Maybe it helps to answer the questions too:
    -> Network multiplayer
    -> Always from the main menu (my friend hosted all the time, invited me)
    -> Always on main menu, always same progress
    -> Network, no local coop

Is there a way someone could send you a saved game having this bug (PS4)? This might help to fix the problem.

How do you delete the update after re-downlaoding the game? Also, will I lose my save file?

I can't believe this issue still hasn't been resolved a month after the game's release.
    They have no problem selling additional DLC when the main game is still broken.
    I expect better customer service form a Square Enix game.

I want to say that I'm having the same problem too. I have played mostly two and three player local on the PS4 to the point of the tomb of the architect. At this point, I can't seem to thaw the gears with anything I've tried. I've also tried starting single player games with each of the PS4 user names to see whether that made a difference, and nothing has worked.

I also see that we only solved 4 of 5 challenge tombs. Could that make a difference in the thawing of the gears?

I also haven't tried any of the workarounds yet, such as the uninstalling of the game and canceling the automatic update. I was hoping the cause may be determined soon and a patch provided.

I'm very disappointed: this bug has been reported over a month ago and there is no fix yet

Any idea when this patch will be coming out? Haven't been able to play the game any further than this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Suggestion for a_big_house: Might want to stay away from the field of customer service. You won't last long dude.

Quote Originally Posted by gio_ps4 View Post
    I'm very disappointed: this bug has been reported over a month ago and there is no fix yet
    I got same problem, my version is digital download, single play and have try multi-play before, i also have try to delete the game and reinstall it without patch, the problem still here and can't be solve.

how come it over a month still can't solve the problem, what are square-enix doing now?

CD hasn't been able to reproduce the bug, guys, so the only solution right now is to restart.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...80#post2097180

Quote Originally Posted by Tope_Z View Post
    Suggestion for a_big_house: Might want to stay away from the field of customer service. You won't last long dude.
    a_big_house is not a SE customer service rep, he is a forum member and a fan, just like you.

It's so disappointing to hear that the bug can't be reproduced - it looks like we're all in the minority and just very unlucky. Restarting might work, but going through the game again doesn't sound very appealing and there's always the chance that the same thing will happen again.
    Now the game has been out for a while, I think our chances of a fix are very slim...time to sell unfortunately and try to get some money back. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    It's so disappointing to hear that the bug can't be reproduced - it looks like we're all in the minority and just very unlucky. Restarting might work, but going through the game again doesn't sound very appealing and there's always the chance that the same thing will happen again.
    Now the game has been out for a while, I think our chances of a fix are very slim...time to sell unfortunately and try to get some money back. :-(
    I know, I agree it's a major bummer that we haven't been able to get to the bottom of what's causing this. The bug has occurred only to a very small number of people, but I know that isn't any consolation when a game you're excited to play isn't working properly. You have my genuine sympathy.

Per my conversation with the QA team, it is unlikely the bug will occur again should you decide to start over, but I understand that isn't the most appealing option.

If I have any updates on this issue, I'll post here first and foremost.

I'm a software developer too, so I know that reproducing a bug can be challenging, sometimes very challenging. However, the fact that this bug has affected all of us (in this thread) means that the bug could be reproduced, with enough effort.
    So, I'm very disappointed: I've sold my copy of the game yesterday and I'll think twice before buying any Square Enix game in the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast