Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy on PS4

Final Fantasy on PS4

Final Fantasy and the PS4

Square Enix announce Final Fantasy is heading to the PS4. How do you think the franchise will fare? Will the platform jump help/hurt/etc. the series?

www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013...

Originally Posted by onigiri619
    Square Enix announce Final Fantasy is heading to the PS4. How do you think the franchise will fare? Will the platform jump help/hurt/etc. the series?

I'm not gonna lie, when I was watching it live and saw them show the tech demo again I was a tad dissapointed... then when Shinji Hashimoto took stage I figured something was gonna be shown, but he just said something along the lines of please be excited for this years E3. I guess at least for now Versus 13 is still pending PS3.

Apesar dos ultimos t├*tulos terem sido bem critiado por todos eu acho que Final Fantasy est├í ficando cada vez melhor e espero muito dos proximos t├*tulos para o PS4 (e para o PS3 Lightning Returns)

Despite the last titles have been well criticized I think that Final Fantasy is getting even better and I await even better titles for the PS4(and for PS3's Lightning Returns)

Originally Posted by imported_justinjyl
    Originally Posted by onigiri619

I'm not gonna lie, when I was watching it live and saw them show the tech demo again I was a tad dissapointed... then when Shinji Hashimoto took stage I figured something was gonna be shown, but he just said something along the lines of please be excited for this years E3. I guess at least for now Versus 13 is still pending PS3.

It's probably safe to assume they ditched Versus afterall. Lighting returns will be released just before ps4, so why would Square focus on another big Final Fantasy for ps3 title after ps4 launch. Unless this upcoing title is actually Versus for ps4, although that seems somewhat unlikely.

So yeah, dissapointing like you said.

I'm guessing the PS4 FF game is actually Versus XIII.

I have to congratulate SE because they really outdid themselves this time. In less than 5 minutes they achieved the prowess of getting everyone from super hyped to utterly disappointed. And that wasn't just the fans who are now hitting the forums expressing their discontent, it is also all big media sites that agree how laughably bad SE's presentation was.

What did we learn from SE presentation and what was the message SE tried to convey? Was it that next-gen consoles can play 10 months old videos? Or that japanese developers support the Playstation brand? Or even that a company is developing another entry of their most successful franchise? Hint, we already knew all that so what's the point to travel two Hashimoto guys around the world to state the obvious and show very old stuff? Unless, of course, SE is doing all they can to alienate and to upset their fans as hard as possible, I would say that press event was a waste of everyone's time...

But you know what? I'm upset but not surprised. It's always the same thing, every major press conference SE takes the stage just to disappoint everyone, embarrass themselves, and then leave with their trademark phrase "Please wait a little longer". I waited 7 years for a proper FF game, how much longer should I wait? Oh well, at least I left the presentation with the solace that SE didn't announce another FF game centred around Ms Monotone. That, IMO, was the best news out of SE vacancy trip to NY city: No more Lightning.

Madangel took the words right out of my mouth.

finding it kinda disappointing how Square Enix proudly announces "new" plans despite having a HANDFUL of unfinished buisness at hand

One reason to still focus on Ps3 FF game is because WAY more people will have a ps3 a year from PS4 release then they will have PS4. A lot of people way for price drops and new versions to come out where bugs are not so ramptent.

Originally Posted by Mad_Angel

I have to congratulate SE because they really outdid themselves this time. In less than 5 minutes they achieved the prowess of getting everyone from super hyped to utterly disappointed. And that wasn't just the fans who are now hitting the forums expressing their discontent, it is also all big media sites that agree how laughably bad SE's presentation was.

What did we learn from SE presentation and what was the message SE tried to convey? Was it that next-gen consoles can play 10 months old videos? Or that japanese developers support the Playstation brand? Or even that a company is developing another entry of their most successful franchise? Hint, we already knew all that so what's the point to travel two Hashimoto guys around the world to state the obvious and show very old stuff? Unless, of course, SE is doing all they can to alienate and to upset their fans as hard as possible, I would say that press event was a waste of everyone's time...

But you know what? I'm upset but not surprised. It's always the same thing, every major press conference SE takes the stage just to disappoint everyone, embarrass themselves, and then leave with their trademark phrase "Please wait a little longer". I waited 7 years for a proper FF game, how much longer should I wait? Oh well, at least I left the presentation with the solace that SE didn't announce another FF game centred around Ms Monotone. That, IMO, was the best news out of SE vacancy trip to NY city: No more Lightning.

Hate to say it but you sound like all the people that waited for Diablo 3 lol

Originally Posted by Korn7809

Hate to say it but you sound like all the people that waited for Diablo 3 lol

How so? Care to explain?

I heard that something was shown by SQEX after the cameras went off.

I should have said I am referring to the last paragraph. I'm not saying I don't agree with you. the thing is unlike most gaming companies SE is trying new ideas wile most stick to the same things. More companies won't or can't think of new things to try that are not just the story.

I really hope this is a completely new FF game. Mostly because I wanna play Versus on the PS3, but also because I'm hoping there's finally going to be a new main numbered game in the series. Something fresh and unrelated to the mythology we've been focused on for more than 4 years now.

C'mon, SE! Surprise me! xD

Square needs to step their game up next gen (pun intended).

We can now say gbai to dungeon crawlers.

While I was disappointed about the brevity of their presentation, I think people across the internet are completely ignoring the gravity of what Square Enix actually showed. They didn't just show a video over again, they re-recorded the Agni's Philosophy tech demo running on the PS4. I saw almost no difference in quality, just a slight drop in framerate on some of the higher-action parts and what looked like a little blurring around the edges of particles which could easily have been from the fact that I was watching it livestreamed. This is an in-engine demo, not just a pre-rendered video. It's an actual system and not a cutscene. Let that sink in, that this engine's real-time blows even most current-gen CG scenes out of the water on the PS4. The original Agni's Philosophy was run on a high-end computer, and after the tech demo was released the naysayers were making claims that the advances were useless because no console could actually run the full power of the engine. The fact that the engine runs on this system at full or nearly full PC strength should be a pretty exciting thing.

I don't know what people were expecting though, regarding game announcements. If the new PS4 game is Versus XIII, then of course it's not going to get its re-reveal at a Sony-centric event. If it's an actual, brand new Final Fantasy then it is probably just not far enough along that they feel comfortable showing it. From what I've been reading developers have only had 'stable' PS4 kits for around 9ish months to maybe a year. Plus, given the strong reaction to early-indev footage of Lightning Returns or the premature announcement of Versus XIII I don't think the company is willing to take many more risks on something that's not practically ready to be boxed up and shipped out. If this is a properly new game, I don't expect to see more than a several-second CG trailer and some fancy logowork at E3.

FF LEADING THE WAY IS A GREAT WAY FOR THE FRANCHISE TO FIX ITSELF ..

Originally Posted by imported_Charles

Them leading the way into the PS4 isn't going to fix there way of thinking. To me it's there ideas that are not to my taste. They could put there next game on ps1 and as long as it had some great ideas and solid playstyle it would be great.

Them leading the way into the PS4 isn't going to fix there way of thinking. To me it's there ideas that are not to my taste. They could put there next game on ps1 and as long as it had some great ideas and solid playstyle it would be great.

I semi agree with you. If they really did stick to at least one game at a time and really put tons of effort and thoughts and really made a timeline to make it happen I think it could be an amazing game! No matter the platform. However, I do get what others are saying about how other game companies are kinda loosing their edge on coming up with new ideas or to say the very least interesting stories/gameplay, just I think they are being a little too abitious. I just hope that they really do have it more under control than what they are showing to the public, which isn't helping at this point :/

Originally Posted by Kadi

I semi agree with you. If they really did stick to at least one game at a time and really put tons of effort and thoughts and really made a timeline to make it happen I think it could be an amazing game! No matter the platform. However, I do get what others are saying about how other game companies are kinda loosing their edge on coming up with new ideas or to say the very least interesting stories/gameplay, just I think they are being a little too abitious. I just hope that they really do have it more under control than what they are showing to the public, which isn't helping at this point :/

I see what you're saying. Oh well I'll wait and get it when it comes hoping it will be good. =) There isn't a FF game that I have quit in middle of yet so I have always gotten my moneys worth.

Final Fantasy on PS4

Square Enix Working On Ways To Bring Other Final Fantasy Titles To PS4 (Siliconera)
    - “Actually, not limited to just X/X-2, we’re currently thinking of setting [a way] to have other past Final Fantasy titles playable on the PS4,” said Square Enix’s Shinji Hashimoto.

Square Enix should remake FF13-1/FF12 for PS4!

I know i know i not telling they should make FULLY REMAKE, just higher polygon of models/maps(places) etc and fullhd and use TRESSFX for model hairs. and a nice BOKEH DOF and some new content like new bosses or new dungeons,places on cocoon.And i dont care about 60fps i would happy with stable 30fps and only ff13-1 i dont even want to remember those sequels (LR,ff13-2).

As for ff12 i would happy to see BOKEH DOF,and tressx in the game

Final Fantasy X/X-2
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 coming to PS4 on 15th May 2015
    - We’ve been relatively quiet on details of the release of the PS4 version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, but now we’ve got three important updates we’re excited to share with you – the release date, an exclusive steelbook and a couple of new features in the game! Praise be to Yevon!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:24.

Final Fantasy XIV
    PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign Ending Soon!
    - The PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign, which was extended in December last year, will end on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT).

Thumbs Up Blocked game recording

There are several parts in the cinematic scenes in Final Fantasy Type-0 where the game play recording on the PS4 recording function has been blocked from recording the story in FF Type-0. These blocked scenes are somewhat interesting and some are rendered beautifully. At several points in Final Fantasy Type-0 a message is displayed in the top left corner of the display saying that "you have entered a blocked scene and recording has been stopped". Game recordings have been made impossible to record on the PS4 console for select scenes in the newest Final Fantasy installment. Many of the scenes are actually select scenes that have be removed from the recording capabilities of the HD capture intentionally.

Neat.
    Last edited by n_i_g_e_; 24th Mar 2015 at 20:37. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 2 12 Last