Thread: LC:ToO General Discussion Thread (Opinions, questions, feedback, etc)

Post LC:ToO General Discussion Thread (Opinions, questions, feedback, etc)

The Great ALMIGHTY 'Temple of Osiris' is upon us!

(click image to enlarge)

Let's discuss this gaming phenomenon and dissect, analyse and discuss every part of the game for our own sake of entertainment (cause we're bored ).

This thread is for any questions, opinions or pretty much any thought on the LC:ToO game.

LET THE DISCUSSION COMMENCE!!
    signature image

I love the inclusion of Lara's "old" moves, such as the carthweels and swan dives. I don't like that we can spoil the swan dive by breaking the roll with another swan dive, which ends up making Lara look like a fish out of water. lol

Agreed. I also love how this is like an aracade version of more Legend/Underworld. You've got the moves, the voice actress(!) and even the music. I also think this is my favorite Lara design ever!

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

My opinion on the game at first wasn't too great, imo, but it's vastly improved since. It's a great game and Lara Croft is stunning in it aswell. I'm just disappointed that CD think that her breasts need to be reduced in order to give her some sort of legitimacy as a character. It's pretty pathetic, imo and hopefully this trend stops because Lara's character in ToO >>>> Reboot Lara as of now.
    signature image

I'm not too sure how much influence Lara's breast size would have had on her character but I'll agree that I liked her better in TOO than Reboot, but that's most likely because of the dialogue between her and Carter mostly. Little subtle things, like "It's time you faced a god" and such.

The dialogue in this game is great. I've been playing this game alone, so I'm probably missing out on the dialogue between all characters at once. But even just Lara and Isis is great. Like when Lara approaches a bag of gems and says: ''Of course it's a trap''. Or when Isis keeps 'tutorialing' you and Lara shouts: ''One thing at a time, please!''. My thoughts exactly. But my favourite must be when you open a chest with Carter close by asking if he can have some of the treasures himself. The second time you do this and Carter asks again. Lara says: ''Whatever it is you wanted to ask. The answer... is no''

Loving this game so far. I finished the main campaign and I'm exploring the overworld, doing challenges. I don't wanna put it down anymore!

Yes, Lara's and Carters dialogue is gold That's why I wish there was a way to hear all of it in single player as well.

Hopefully someone will upload all the dialogue sequences on YouTube or perhaps a 'funniest moments'. Hint, hint.

hi

just to say this game is very fun and i hope it will get more content in futur.

Thx devs

I'm excited to see what's planned for the season pass. I want more content from this game and I hope it's something significant unlike GoL's DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I'm not too sure how much influence Lara's breast size would have had on her character but I'll agree that I liked her better in TOO than Reboot, but that's most likely because of the dialogue between her and Carter mostly. Little subtle things, like "It's time you faced a god" and such.
    Exactly my point. I feel as CD feel pressured to reduce Lara's boob size in order for her to be taken seriously in this industry, it's unnecessary and sends the wrong message that women can't be smart, strong, independent and sexy. CD keep doing it and it just irritates me. Her character is strong and I don't think people will refuse see past that if she were to have big breasts.

I agree, I think Lara's humour is great. I hope Reboot Lara turns out to be similar in Rise.
    signature image

I didn't even notice her boobsize. I was mostly looking at her lively eyes. Seriously, that's my favorite upgrade in the current situation; the eyes. The twinkle she has on the title screen, so beautifull!

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Exactly my point. I feel as CD feel pressured to reduce Lara's boob size in order for her to be taken seriously in this industry, it's unnecessary and sends the wrong message that women can't be smart, strong, independent and sexy. CD keep doing it and it just irritates me. Her character is strong and I don't think people will refuse see past that if she were to have big breasts.

I agree, I think Lara's humour is great. I hope Reboot Lara turns out to be similar in Rise.
    omg this so much. Not only with the boobs thing, but it's like they think they have to completely cover her up in order to desexualize her. I get they don't want to make her a sex symbol and that's great but like, there's nothing wrong with a little bit of sex appeal. :I
    signature image

They might aswell give Lara a Burqa, tbh.
    signature image

Le mighty bump.

Didn't think this was worth opening a new topic. Just thought I'd share a match in the... ancient egyptian bombgame... (??)... field that's available somewhere in the northern most areas of the game. I have been recently found by another player who is as addicted to this game as I am and we've been having a blast playing online co-op, and then today we were messing about and did this.

I started recording roughly half a minute in, but the first score still takes a while to happen. Final score of this match was Lara 2 x 1 Horus.

I don't have video editing skillz or the patience to learn them, sorry.

(Wonder how the devs might have referred to this? )

Is that what those holes are for!? Jeez, I spent like 10 minutes trying to work out what the point of them was haha
    signature image

Ah.. I was jumping into them. Bombing and dropping the ball in them, couldn't figure it out. So it's like a little game within the game?

Oh wow, I was confused on what the hell that area was for too!
    signature image

Played Icy Death last night (finally) and wow, they sure got the title correct, I don't think I died as much throughout the entire main game
    signature image

So is anyone else bothered by the rings, pendants, and weapons being sort of haphazardly organized? It can be difficult to quickly find things especially since new unlocks can re-order the lists. Would anyone else like to be able filter rings and pendants by specific abilities?

Tbh I haven't messed around in the inventory in a long, long while - at most I shift the amulet for whatever effect (leech, poison, fire etc) I want at the time. The inventory seems to be ordered by rarity (so Legendary first, then Epic, Rare, Uncommon, Common), but then there are one or two DLC items that go to the very bottom of the inventory - despite having great stats - and the Community Reward items are randomly lodged in the middle as well.

It isn't "that" big of a deal with the amulets/pendants. I have all the Onyx ones and all the gold rings and they're at the top and I mostly use those. But like you said the DLC rings from the Icy pack were at the top but the pendant was at the bottom.

This week's community challenge had me wanting a switch up from the usual stuff and it was hard to find the combo I wanted and I just picked a "close enough." It seems like it might be there somewhere but there are just so many rings and amulets.

I unlocked that gold flamethrower and one of the onyx weapons more or less back to back and then getting the season pass unlocked all the poison weapons and it shuffled the whole weapons inventory around.

It is a minor quibble really but I also had it with GOL.

Actually it isn't a minor quibble. It is becoming a serious peeve with many games. The games tout all the unlocks and things you can get in the game but don't give you ways to organize them. You don't get easy ways to handle, "I need to do this. What options to do that have I unlocked?"

I feel that the camera is too far out. not all the time, but more than it was with temple of light.

I also wish the top of the energy ball (or whatever), that the Egyptians create, was slightly magnetic. By that I mean like the rope. The rope is slightly magnetic when you go to jump on it, the game 'helps' you land on it. I wish the bubble shield had that 'help' as well (also like the shield in the temple of light)

My wife, hates when gems get thrown over a cliff.

I agree that the ring menu is clunky and annoying when you have to touch every single ring to know if you want to use it or not.

I would like to be able to repeatedly tap the X button (xbox one) to swim faster.

The Xbox achievements notification pop-up covers the end of level stats.

Edit: I wish in the challenge rooms with spikes on the floors; after the challenge was beat, the spikes would go away.

Edit: I also wish the spikes that pop up from the floor (in the sand) had some sort of warning, or even an outline of where they are on the floor.

Love the series (not the reboot, so much; and that's not because of her boobs ) and am excited to play 4 player coop!! We are having fun with it so far!! Xbox One has it on sale with the season pass for like $11.60, right now. tell your friends to skip one fast food meal and pick it up!!
    Last edited by Brasch; 20th Feb 2015 at 20:33. Reason: added two more items

Quote Originally Posted by Brasch View Post
    I feel that the camera is too far out. not all the time, but more than it was with temple of light.

I also wish the top of the energy ball (or whatever), that the Egyptians create, was slightly magnetic. By that I mean like the rope. The rope is slightly magnetic when you go to jump on it, the game 'helps' you land on it. I wish the bubble shield had that 'help' as well (also like the shield in the temple of light)

My wife, hates when gems get thrown over a cliff.

I agree that the ring menu is clunky and annoying when you have to touch every single ring to know if you want to use it or not.

I would like to be able to repeatedly tap the X button (xbox one) to swim faster.

The Xbox achievements notification pop-up covers the end of level stats.

Edit: I wish in the challenge rooms with spikes on the floors; after the challenge was beat, the spikes would go away.

Edit: I also wish the spikes that pop up from the floor (in the sand) had some sort of warning, or even an outline of where they are on the floor.

Love the series (not the reboot, so much; and that's not because of her boobs ) and am excited to play 4 player coop!! We are having fun with it so far!! Xbox One has it on sale with the season pass for like $11.60, right now. tell your friends to skip one fast food meal and pick it up!!
    Glad you picked up the Xbox version in the sale - it's an unbeatable offer and it means that we're all able to play plenty of 4-player matches

The achievements pop-up can be annoying, however since that is a console issue, you should be able to turn the notifications off in your XboxOne settings. If you happen to make a clip of the end-of-level, the notification doesn't appear. And, of course, the stats repeat themselves until all in the game press 'A' so you still can see them after the pop-up disappears.
    signature image