Thread: What order should I play LOK games?

What order should I play LOK games?

I game on steam. Which is the best order to play the legacy of kain games including Blood Omen 2? Do I need to play Blood Omen 1 to understand 2...part 1 is not on Steam!
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 12th Dec 2014 at 06:14. Reason: Title fix

Hi JohnRaider,

Yes, it is a shame that Blood Omen 1 is not on Steam, GoG, etc. There are rights issues behind that. There are physical copies out there for PC you might find off of Amazon, eBay, and such. It is not completely necessary to play it in order to understand the other games, but it is regarded as one of the best of the series and fleshes out the origin and history of things. However, it's also different type of game than the rest in that it's a top-down RPG, kind of like a dark version of a Zelda game. So, that might not be for everyone's tastes.

Basically, if you cannot get BO1, I'd say the order to best play the games in is mostly in their order of release, which would be Soul Reaver 1 (the actual sequel to Blood Omen 1), followed by Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, and then save Blood Omen 2 for last. Blood Omen 2 is a bit of a wild card in the bunch. It's a bit stand-alone as a game, but events from Defiance do lead to events in BO2.

The main arc continued from Blood Omen 1 really follows into SR1, 2, and Defiance, though.

eh just checked amazon and ebay for BO1 prices...$15-20....I was sort of expecting like $2 or less for a used copy.

Yes, well it's rarity and cult status I think has made it higher in price. I've seen copies sold for a lot more than that in the past, so it's at least coming back down.

I think you wont understand a damn thing in SR2 story without playing Blood Omen. I know I didnt.

Sorry for necroposting