Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PC - Issues, requests and suggestions

Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PC - Issues, requests and suggestions

Originally Posted by System Specs
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3632QM @ 2.2 Ghz
    GPU: nVidia GeForce 635M w/ 2GB DDR3 VRAM
    GPU Driver Version: 344.48 WHQL (64-Bit)
    I could play FF 13 without any problems, but FF 13-2 looks a lot worse and runs a lot worse. It's literally unplayable. I get 40-60 FPS in battle but when I'm exploring FPS drops to like 10-15 and I can barely move. I couldn't even get past the first chapter, it's literally unplayable.

I've set the game to "Maximum Performance" via nVidia Control Panel and also reduced Shadow Quality & Anti-Aliasing to minimum via Game Launcher.

What the hell is wrong with this port? I can play Crysis 3 on High and Battlefield 3 on Ultra.

PC Gamer have released an article by Durante which details the exact problems the game has:

http://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy...erdict/#page-2

There seems to be problems in the frame pacing which causes stuttering. If Square just altered the frame pacing so it felt smooth at 30fps then just give us an option to lock the framerate and refresh rate to 30fps or 60fps in the launcher then it would be a playable experience.

I sincerely hope they listen to us, because I believe us XIII fans are the most loyal out there.
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

Here's an idea, add DX10.1 and 64bit support.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but everything seems fine on my end. Except for the fact that my game will straight up crash during certain loading sequences. Either after loading the main screen, loading a saved game or attempting to load a time in the historia crux. I played the game once, made it to the Bresha Ruins 05 AF and had to go to bed for work the next day. Next day, after work, sign in, ready to play. Crashed about 10x, I gave up and hoped for an update, none came..

TL;DR My game crashes during certain loading points, no indication as to why.

Whoah, 4740 people saying "WE WANT A PERFORMANCE PATCH" on Steam...

There's a thread for XIII and XIII-2:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120...8693079943510/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292140...3787600262905/

Isn't that pretty much everyone who has the game on PC?

Everyone on this thread EXCEEDS the recommended specifications but suffer from extreme stutter and framerate drops below 30fps.

It seems the general consensus is that Square desperately need to try and improve the framerate so it as least 30 and give us an option between a 30frames per second or 60 frames per second cap.

I know this is certainly what I want, for XIII AND XIII-2.
    Last edited by Sammy_Kneen; 22nd Dec 2014 at 15:00.
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

Agreed.

I am seeing these constant 'flickering' between 30fps and 60fps:

http://imgur.com/iR35e1d

Please fix it, thank you!

You take a month to fix ESC button....I already lost hope in you and now look at FF13-2 it's the same performance as FF13. Didn't you guys tested the game before, SE?

I totally agree with this thread!!!!!
    The game is really great but SE you fruit it up with bad port and bad support.

Square, atleast acknowledge the situation. You are just building a horrible reputation for those who are supporting you. It's sad to see the game going on sale (some people even got a 50% discount from Xmas box) while some other preordered at full price, just to have the game sitting on their STEAM library because it is UNPLAYABLE.

Have some decency and communicate with your customers about the situation.

A performance patch of some sort would be fantastic. There's no excuse for these games to run as poorly as they do.

It's an awful optimisation job that should never have been released in this state.

Agree with the OP, the game needs more performance. I can play it, but I have done a personal profile in the gpu driver to force some options like v-sync and I got some stable fps, but sometimes I got stuttering yet, is playable of course, but not really polished. By the way I have a good PC to play other games at full without any problems, for example Tomb Raider reboot was perfect at full on 1600x1200p (an amazing port).

My specs:
    AMD FX-8350 (8 core) 4.0GHZ
    Radeon HD 7870
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7

Come on SE, people need it and you know that FF saga deserve the best to brought in PC.
    Last edited by lanificier; 23rd Dec 2014 at 18:13.

Please fix this!

Originally Posted by Drakenabarion
    Please fix this!
    ditto

I get 5-15FPS in the game! My PC is better than required!
    What is this? So many unhappy people. Do something.

It was already discussed on the "performance" topic on this same forum but yeah, the problem is grave.
    today December/22/2014 the game had a small 13mb update, i tried it out and the frame issues are still just as bad as before. Did anyone had a change ?

today December/22/2014 the game had a small 13mb update, i tried it out and the frame issues are still just as bad as before. Did anyone had a change ?

Maybe this mini patch fix the crash and some save files corruption i heard some people had.

I is not the same performance as FF13 it is WORSE. But indeed this bad porting from Square is such a annoyng problem, and it is not like Japan don't have people doing good ports on Japanese Ps3 games, Valkyria Chronicles is another JRPG and the PC Port is AWESOME. Almost flawless even, wheren't for lackluster laucher.

Originally Posted by rojimboo
    I am seeing these constant 'flickering' between 30fps and 60fps:

http://imgur.com/iR35e1d

Please fix it, thank you!
    The flickering from 30-60 is kinda playable but gives heavy headaches pretty fast, but look at all those below 30fps. Those kill the game.
    I am not even asking for a FULL 60fps MASTER RACE EXPERIENCE. Really, just lock it at 30fps and i will happly play the game as if it was on a ps3.

Originally Posted by TiagoBarbosa

Maybe this mini patch fix the crash and some save files corruption i heard some people had.
    It was a patch to remove the "hidden" DLC.

So yeah, Square cared enough to quickly patch out the DLC that the modding community unlocked. But we had to wait weeks for a resolution patch. Who knows if we'll ever get a performance patch.

I'm lucky to run it at 60fps for more than a few seconds. Most of the time I'm stuck at 30fps and it semi-frequently dips below even that.

i can only get 2x fps at academia 500 af

(X360 gamepad only)
    1.play FFXII-2 on Big Picture mode. when you press X360 logo then browse steam guide/friends/achievement/music/etc, your input still recognized b FFXII-2!
    2. During loading sreen to any timeline, spam-rotate X360 right analog. you will crash the game

I'm not going to waste my breath writing another long post about the problems relating to this port. Just look here:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...15#post2091215

Originally Posted by HarroSIN
    I'm not going to waste my breath writing another long post about the problems relating to this port. Just look here:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...15#post2091215
    If you could copy paste it that would be great. Always assume that sqeenix is too lazy to click a link. Honestly I'm not even sure that they'll monitor this thread.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last