Thread: The big guide to maximising your framerate (FPS config included)

The big guide to maximising your framerate (FPS config included)

Originally Posted by Equanimityjohn
    My config is completely updated for the new patch, and I've done a hell of a lot more research on some more commands that may help performance quite a bit.

The README file is especially important. I would recommend everyone to try it out as soon as they can. It has given me a huge performance boost, even over zzott's config. XD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu...20FPS.zip?dl=0
    lol, altought i have already modded behind the normal ingame setthing the config, i have set 5 for gepometry level who make me gain some good fps...

this config doubled from 30 to 60 fps on the menu screen...

and in game from 35-60 to 55-90, the game not look too bad, decolored wold texture, almost no decoration, but character look still pretty nice, not like the config of topic starter who, to be sincere, i was never use and will never use, ok optimize but look the maps and the character as potatos, no thanks..

thank you very much Equanimityjohn!

only bad things, why you keep the fx to 0? we need listen to sound, i agree keep 0 the music and other stuff, but the fx why to 0? lol.

plus you must explain to people how set up the fov, i was know the command, so i set up before try to 95, my fov for this game, from 110, but people who dont know will be forced to play at your fov setting...

better you write it in readme.txt file

now with around 60 fps even in the middle of fight with all being fired together, i finally understand what happen instead of explode without a clue... and now is more evident the LAG of this game...
    Last edited by riccetto80; 28th May 2015 at 21:22.

Originally Posted by riccetto80
    lol, altought i have already modded behind the normal ingame setthing the config, i have set 5 for gepometry level who make me gain some good fps...

this config doubled from 30 to 60 fps on the menu screen...

and in game from 35-60 to 55-90, the game not look too bad, decolored wold texture, almost no decoration, but character look still pretty nice, not like the config of topic starter who, to be sincere, i was never use and will never use, ok optimize but look the maps and the character as potatos, no thanks..

thank you very much Equanimityjohn!

only bad things, why you keep the fx to 0? we need listen to sound, i agree keep 0 the music and other stuff, but the fx why to 0? lol.

plus you must explain to people how set up the fov, i was know the command, so i set up before try to 95, my fov for this game, from 110, but people who dont know will be forced to play at your fov setting...

better you write it in readme.txt file

now with around 60 fps even in the middle of fight with all being fired together, i finally understand what happen instead of explode without a clue... and now is more evident the LAG of this game...
    Thank you too. I made some tweaks in my readme file and changed the default resolution of my config to 720p windowed, as for some reason since the performance improving patch the game actually does perform better in lower pixel fullscreen resolutions unlike it used to. The link remains the same as it always has, but in case someone missed it here it is again:

only issue with your config so far is the fane being really dark

since last patch, the fane is "less dark" still darker or normal, but now is better.

If playing on low settings is smoke basically see through (if so this is a disappointing advantage to humans), maybe it just looks like this from vamp perspective, am I wrong?

today patch make thins even smoother, fane is even less dark, animation are much better, execution and special abilities run smoother, is easier to shoot a moving target.

This might be a little late, but if you've been keeping track on ESL you might have noticed my team isn't playing at the moment. This is largely because none of us have the time for Nosgoth currently. So I'm passing the FPS config torch to Equanimityjohn and I might be back for a rivaling config after summer ends.

zzott
    Streaming Nosgoth and Nosgoth accessories: http://www.twitch.tv/zzott_
    Ayye bruh check my Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/amazingghostboy

Originally Posted by zzott93
    This might be a little late, but if you've been keeping track on ESL you might have noticed my team isn't playing at the moment. This is largely because none of us have the time for Nosgoth currently. So I'm passing the FPS config torch to Equanimityjohn and I might be back for a rivaling config after summer ends.

zzott
    I don't play at all right now and won't be playing until new classes, if not official release. I can update the config if it is necessary as I do check the forums once in a blue moon. I'm pretty disappointed in the game lately, personally.

Since this Update my fps are better without your config john
    So maybe if you got time you could look into it ?

Before I had stable 70-80 fps only if super much happend it droped to 60, now during a fight it drops down to 40 (with your config).
    Without your config it only drops down to 50...

I rly love your work Use your configs since the first you uploaded
    signature image

CFG really good.I do not really know exactly what the update at the end of round game crashes when used with your CFG.

He would someone who is in the config wrong?

THX

CRASH here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ru...ature=youtu.be

Trying to erase individual commands and the game still crash

These are the remaining statements, with which the game still crash in DefaultSystemSettings.ini

Code:
    StaticDecals=false
    DynamicDecals=true
    UnbatchedDecals=False
    DecalCullDistanceScale=0.1
    DynamicLights=false
    DynamicShadows=False
    LightEnvironmentShadows=false
    CompositeDynamicLights=true
    SHSecondaryLighting=false
    DirectionalLightmaps=false
    MotionBlur=False
    MotionBlurPause=false
    MotionBlurSkinning=0
    DepthOfField=true
    AmbientOcclusion=False
    Bloom=false
    bAllowLightShafts=False
    Distortion=False
    FilteredDistortion=False
    DropParticleDistortion=true
    bAllowDownsampledTranslucency=true
    SpeedTreeLeaves=false
    SpeedTreeFronds=false
    OnlyStreamInTextures=true
    LensFlares=False
    FogVolumes=false
    FloatingPointRenderTargets=false
    OneFrameThreadLag=true
    UseVsync=False
    UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
    Fullscreen=false
    AutoDetectDesktopResolution=False
    Borderless=true
    AllowRadialBlur=False
    AllowSubsurfaceScattering=False
    AllowImageReflections=False
    AllowImageReflectionShadowing=False
    bAllowSeparateTranslucency=False
    bAllowPostprocessMLAA=False
    bAllowHighQualityMaterials=False
    MaxFilterBlurSampleCount=0
    DetailMode=0
    MaxDrawDistanceScale=1
    MaxAnisotropy=0
    MaxMultiSamples=0
    bAllowD3D9MSAA=False
    bAllowTemporalAA=False
    TemporalAA_MinDepth=0.000000
    TemporalAA_StartDepthVelocityScale=0.000000
    ResX=1920
    ResY=1080

@Equanimityjohn your config is so powerful that Nosgoth is playable on these specs:

Intel Core i3-4010UM @ 1.7 Ghz
    Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4400m (with special drivers)
    4GB RAM

You made this game playable on a laptop with no business playing it. I salute you, and I genuinely feel that Psyonix is in your debt for this ini.

I agree! It's the best config what I found on the internet. Unfortunately after some patch my game at the end of the round will fall; (

Originally Posted by zzott93
    New version of the config. Inlcuding changes to a file called "DefaultSystemSettings.ini". Find it here

For the life of me I cant get my config to look this potato. I copied your exact settings and set them to read only. What am I doing wrong? I like johns config I get the most fps but I like the lower quality look more.

try add "-usetexturepool" to ur start options of nosgoth
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Originally Posted by Shikei001

Before I had stable 70-80 fps only if super much happend it droped to 60, now during a fight it drops down to 40 (with your config).

ATTENTION PEOPLE, try to delete the config and let nosgoth use the new config the dev created in the last some patch, also to me the game run MUCH BETTER with nosgoth config, the config of this topic make my fps much less, make the game lag much more.

ATTENTION PEOPLE, try to delete the config and let nosgoth use the new config the dev created in the last some patch, also to me the game run MUCH BETTER with nosgoth config, the config of this topic make my fps much less, make the game lag much more.

Not sure where you're getting this from. I just tried it and I still get a 30 - 50% increase in FPS using my config versus using the default config on lowest possible settings.

Originally Posted by froM0NkEY
    I agree! It's the best config what I found on the internet. Unfortunately after some patch my game at the end of the round will fall; (
    Did you ever get this fixed?

Originally Posted by Shikei001

This was some time ago so I can't remember the exact patch that might've caused this problem for you. Is the game running any better now?

To anyone who thinks they're having trouble with my config after having used it for some time, the best advice I can give to you is to uninstall it, run the game with the defaults (which I have added to the download now) and then reinstall my config (and definitely READ THE README).

Last edited by Equanimityjohn; 1st Sep 2015 at 01:14.

Originally Posted by Equanimityjohn
    Not sure where you're getting this from. I just tried it and I still get a 30 - 50% increase in FPS using my config versus using the default config on lowest possible settings.
    Your config help me a lot but the last patches about performance start to behave strangely (fps drop, shuttering etc... and anyway i was not able anymore to reach 75/90 fps as when first i start use our config, not even 60 fps anymore...), now with default nosoth config im able to play at 60 fps with drop just to 50 even with all 8 player fighting in the same zone...

with your config i have drop to 40 and i wasn't able to reach 60 fps at all.

not only, with nosgoth config now im able to activate apex clothing, and some other nice visual stuff like dynamic shadows and still have 60 fps most of the time.

Your config help me a lot but the last patches about performance start to behave strangely (fps drop, shuttering etc... and anyway i was not able anymore to reach 75/90 fps as when first i start use our config, not even 60 fps anymore...), now with default nosoth config im able to play at 60 fps with drop just to 50 even with all 8 player fighting in the same zone...

with your config i have drop to 40 and i wasn't able to reach 60 fps at all.

not only, with nosgoth config now im able to activate apex clothing, and some other nice visual stuff like dynamic shadows and still have 60 fps most of the time.
    Strange. If you followed all the instructions fully in my readme and this is still the case then it is simply a matter of hardware compatibility relative to software settings. Pinpointing the exact cause wouldn't be too hard, though it would be very time consuming. Do what works for you.

Unhappy Help please

I follwed the steps on how to make nosgoth run smoother by lowering the graphics quality, and it up my system. Now, whenever I launch Nosgoth, it's always zoomed in on the upper left portion of the screen (no options to zoom out or anything) and I cannot reach any other points of the game menu or anything. How do I fix it and make it zoom out again (best solution would probably be restoring the original steam/nosgoth defaults but I don't know how to do that). Note: I used the "zzott's maxframes config" directions. I like the game, and would just like to be able to play it and have a good time without it lagging when I try to shoot someone or climb up a wall or whatever. Please help
    Last edited by Bazielim; 10th Sep 2015 at 07:24. Reason: Tou #3

Originally Posted by ediav42
    I follwed the steps on how to make nosgoth run smoother by lowering the graphics quality, and it ed up my system. Now, whenever I launch Nosgoth, it's always zoomed in on the upper left portion of the screen (no options to zoom out or anything) and I cannot reach any other points of the game menu or anything. How do I fix it and make it zoom out again (best solution would probably be restoring the original steam/nosgoth defaults but I don't know how to do that). Note: I used the "zzott's maxframes config" directions. I like the game, and would just like to be able to play it and have a good time without it lagging when I try to shoot someone or climb up a wall or whatever. Please help
    Download my FPS config and get the default configs from the defaults folder if need be. Optionally, you can try and use my FPS config, as well. There's a thorough readme included.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu...goth%20FPS.zip
    signature image

Thanks for the config files. There's only one problem.
    When using the configs and "-ReadTexturePoolFromIni" launch option, I get a lot of micro-freezes in game, mostly when attacks occur (From me and on me).

When removing the launch option the micro freezes disappear.

I'm using an i5 CPU with GTX 650 GPU + 16 GB RAM
    Last edited by SirSleepALot; 30th Sep 2015 at 22:50.

I dont know if the people responsible for this post still read this. I just want to say this saved my game.
    About two months ago my average of 30-40 fps went down to 20-30 at best, with radom framedrops going even lower than 5-10 fps.
    Making the game kind of unplayable. Now i have an average of 50-60 and it never goes lower than 30.
    I just want to express my gratitude real quick.

My problem with fps is consistency. I'm around 100 fps at pregame loadout, with 70-80 fps during some parts of the match and dropping down to 30-45 fps for the rest of the time.

What can I do to stop this, because it is really annoying?

-usetexturepool is a big one for launcher options it looks really potato but it does boost frames a lot!

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last