Thread: Conditions for unlocking "A Fragmentary Passage" in Birth by Sleep (in 2.5 HD ReMIX)

Conditions for unlocking "A Fragmentary Passage" in Birth by Sleep (in 2.5 HD ReMIX)

Question Conditions for unlocking "A Fragmentary Passage" in Birth by Sleep (in 2.5 HD ReMIX)

Hello all,

I've long known about the playable secret "movie" at the end of Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. For almost every game since the second, there have been four difficulty modes with different requirements to unlock the secret endings of the various games. Usually, it goes as follows:

Beginner Mode: Impossible to unlock.
    Standard Mode: Difficult to unlock (usually completing Jiminy's Journal 100%).
    Proud Mode: Easier to unlock (usually requires completing something simple, like Ansem's or Xehanort's Reports).
    Critical Mode: Easiest to unlock (basically just beat the game).

However, upon starting Birth by Sleep in 2.5, I noticed the following options:

"Beginner Mode: The secret movie is extremely difficult to unlock in this mode.
    Standard Mode: The secret movie is difficult to unlock in this mode.
    Proud Mode: The secret movie is easier to unlock in this mode.
    Critical Mode: The secret movie is easiest to unlock in this mode."

This led me to question what the requirements for Standard and Beginner Mode could be. Upon further investigation, everyone seems to be under the impression that it is still impossible to attain the secret ending in Beginner Mode. However, something even weirder came up: the condition for the secret ending in Standard Mode is... completing the Trinity Archives?

This is confusing because one of the trophies in the Trinity Archives is given for beating the game with all three characters in Proud or higher! What's the point of getting the secret ending in Standard at all if you have to beat the game in Proud in order to get the secret ending in Standard? Can anyone involved with the game clear this issue up?

Pretty sure you're never gonna get an answer from Square. They have horrible customer service. All I've found is this:
    "The conditions to unlock the video A fragmentary passage vary according with the difficulty level chosen:
    Beginner Mode - Not accessible.
    Standard Mode - Complete the Trinity Archives 100% with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
    Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
    Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode."

So it seems Proud still requires a little more work to get the secret ending. I say, try completing everything in standard first and see if you can still get the secret ending that way. If not, just beat the game in Proud without worrying about completing everything. Does the trophy specify that it has to be with all characters, or just one? if you can get to trophy with just one, then just pick a character you feel confident tackling Proud with.

Trophy is for all three. Yeah, I decided to start Standard just because I really wanted to play it. We'll see whether I can unlock it with just finishing the Reports...

Too unlock the secret episode, you must complete the sticker album. Meaning you must get the points all the way too 140 on proud.

I decided to start Standard just because I really wanted to play it. We'll see whether I can unlock it with just finishing the Reports...

waleeed

The unlock conditions for Blank Points and the Secret Episode were lowered for Birth by Sleep Final Mix, you don't need to complete the journal anymore and can even get these secrets on Beginner Mode, although the exact conditions are unknown here.

Standard Mode: Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and obtain the Keyslinger trophy (the ingame trophy, not the PS3 trophy).
    Proud Mode: Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
    Critical Mode: Complete the Final Episode.

You still have to collect all Xehanort Reports though.