Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Game Status Update (December 9th)

Game Status Update (December 9th)

Post Game Status Update (December 9th)

Hi guys,

Given the trouble over the last couple weeks, I wanted to update everyone on where we're at and what you can expect going forward. We know it's been frustrating, and we apologize for all of the inconvenience.

You probably know we're pushing hard for a solid Open Beta release. Making sure matchmaking is working and reliable is our number one priority. Unfortunately, that means deploying the system to live servers for real world testing and the resulting problems you've seen if you've tried to play recently. The good news is that every bug we've fixed from these tests is an issue that won't disrupt the Open Beta. The bad news is that there are still problems and the best way to resolve them is to keep the update on the live servers for the time being.

For the next few days, rather than push out and roll back more patches, we will leave the new system up and continue to deploy back-end fixes for problems as they occur. This does mean matchmaking and parties may be unstable for multiple days. If things become completely unplayable, we will put the game into Maintenance so you get a notification that it's not worth trying until we repair the issues. We'll spread the word on various forums and Twitter as updates become available.

For your troubles, we are finalizing plans to compensate everyone affected as follows:
    • Comp time for Boosters and Rentals that have been active or expired during the recent server outages.
    • A global XP event once everything is stabilized that we will announce ahead of time.
    • An exclusive in-game Banner for all of you who have played through these issues. We are still discussing specifics, but it will honor those who survived the Matchmaking Wars of 2014.
    • A unique class skin re-color for all players who have made any purchase of Runestones or Founder's Packs to recognize your contributions.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    • A unique class skin re-color for all players who have made any purchase of Runestones or Founder's Packs to recognize your contributions.
    I got a founders pack as a steam gift, does it also count?
    signature image

Is it for everyone that have purchased packs ever or just during this recent time?

(click image to enlarge)

Thanks for y' feedback @Psyonix_Corey
    signature image

Thank you for getting back to us about this! I know you guys are working hard. Thanks for thinking about us, we really appreciate it.

Thanks Corey, appreciate the information!

I don't mind the game being updated, and the new MM is good. I know everyone is looking forward to open beta but the game still has some mighty huge issues that need looking at before open beta should even be considered.

We need an update as to how nosgoth is going to evolve for the esports side and how you are going to continue to improve/fix siege mode

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    Is it for everyone that have purchased packs ever or just during this recent time?
    I'd like to know this as well, I was gonna buy more runes once the Summoner comes along; but I can buy now if I gotta.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 10th Dec 2014 at 01:49.

I believe the intention is "ever", but will have to double check with our dear leaders at Square

Thanks for the update! Really, really looking forward to seeing the game progress into Open Beta.
    I believe the intention is "ever", but will have to double check with our dear leaders at Square
    Yeah that'd be great if you could clarify that please I bought a couple of Founder Packs a very long time ago (when they had runestones in them) but not sure if I'm eligible for the rewards or will need to make another runestone purchase right now during the matchmaking tests.

Seems completely unplayable for me now. I either get an immolate file error or it launches me straight into a game with usually what looks like half a lobby, then crashes after trying to load player and armory info.

Completeley unplayable as it is, hope you ys fix it quickly

Ah, this explains why I have been unable to purchase my founders pack today as well then, I take it? Totally hooked already, just take my money!
    Thanks for the update

Getting immolate error at end of countdown and "connection to host lost". No games starting.

Originally Posted by Hurlzalot
    Getting immolate error at end of countdown and "connection to host lost". No games starting.
    I am getting the same too but only for NA East. the other ones don't even get to that point. They just say "Authentication Fail".

In relation to the unique skin for anyone that has made a Founders Pack/Runestones purchase:

Originally Posted by Varulven
    I got a founders pack as a steam gift, does it also count?
    Yes! As long as it was a Founders Pack (rather than a standard access code), it counts. If you got a Founders Pack (no matter which level, Veteran through to Immortal), it counts.

If you got access through a standard access key (they're included as extras too for friends, when you buy a Founders Pack), those are not included as they're not Founders Packs.

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    Anyone that has purchased a pack, or Runestones, at any point.

It doesn't matter when your purchase was, whether you supported us right at the start, or in the last few days, or anything in between, it all counts. Anyone that purchases a Founders Pack or Runestones right now will be included too.

The cutoff should be when the tests are completed and the compensation goes out to everyone. So for instance if someone purchases a Founders Pack right now, we're still doing Matchmaking tests, so they may be affected by issues or downtime, so they're included.

Hope that clarifies that, but let me know if you guys have any questions!

Originally Posted by Hurlzalot
    Seems completely unplayable for me now. I either get an immolate file error or it launches me straight into a game with usually what looks like half a lobby, then crashes after trying to load player and armory info.
    We were seeing some issues last night on the server side for that, and had a few restarts. Let us know if you're still getting this, though.

Originally Posted by Immortal-Smiley
    Completeley unplayable as it is, hope you ys fix it quickly
    Are you still having issues? If so, specifically what is happening?

Originally Posted by Sociopathyc
    Ah, this explains why I have been unable to purchase my founders pack today as well then, I take it? Totally hooked already, just take my money!
    Thanks for the update
    Hmmm, that shouldn't be affected. What is happening when you try to buy a pack? Are you buying it through our site, Steam, or somewhere else? Whereabouts (location wise) are you?
    The bonuses we're giving out are yet to come, so nothing is affected by them right now, and Founders Pack purchases should work as they normally do.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    In relation to the unique skin for anyone that has made a Founders Pack/Runestones purchase:

Yes! As long as it was a Founders Pack (rather than a standard access code), it counts. If you got a Founders Pack (no matter which level, Veteran through to Immortal), it counts.

If you got access through a standard access key (they're included as extras too for friends, when you buy a Founders Pack), those are not included as they're not Founders Packs.
    Thank you for your response!

To explain further: A friend of mine was really nice and gave to me the LoK Steam Collection including the Veteran Founders Pack.
    Since it is a true and complete Founders Pack (lol wow I'm cool xD) I think it would count
    signature image

Awww, what a cool friend!

And yep, that counts!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Is there a different reward for people who bough immortal pack and veteran pack ? Or does everyone get the same reward ?

Anyone that has purchased a pack, or Runestones, at any point.

It doesn't matter when your purchase was, whether you supported us right at the start, or in the last few days, or anything in between, it all counts. Anyone that purchases a Founders Pack or Runestones right now will be included too.

The cutoff should be when the tests are completed and the compensation goes out to everyone. So for instance if someone purchases a Founders Pack right now, we're still doing Matchmaking tests, so they may be affected by issues or downtime, so they're included.

Hope that clarifies that, but let me know if you guys have any questions!
    Sweet! thanks for that fast info =D
    Got a Immortal pack a few months back so you made this happy camper a happier camper

(click image to enlarge)

Thanks for all the posts and information included in the last days. It is much appreciated!

Seems the techies are buzzing around the MM code for bug fixing. Glad it gets better and better.

After some testing Id also like to point out some "potential" in the current algorithm. It was already mentioned in the last announcement and proved to be true:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...32#post2087432
    New players get thrown to us and it is not good. At least I dont like it at all.

This guy has 4 hours of Nosgoth under his belt. He scored under 800 damage in a full round as vampire and under 1200 in his human round.
    Now you tell me that this will sort it out by itself and the MM has to learn. I does not will never in the current state.
    I will tell you I played for 3 full matches with him. He was in no party and I had the luck to play each match with him til I had enough even for testing purpose. All we did was lose, have leavers in our team snowballing the loss and more leavers. (Not to mention the guy with his "again, uninstall for obv reasons" comment).

It is the same weak experience from before the great saviour matchmaking patch. It seems that the lobby code is still the same so once a guy gets into the lobby, the fail continues as long as he is in it.

(click image to enlarge)

As already said a few weeks ago:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...32#post2087432

-) Please, reevaluate the MMR matching after each played match. Break up the lobby, search for new players. Dota2 Style.
    -) Please, set new players on a proper low MMR.
    It is no fun to stomp them, it is no fun to lose with them and we still know they are new by their steam profile and the way they play. (Please tell me the New Recruit matches are not boosting their MMR)

PS: No this not a single example, its the case in 10-30% of my matches
    Last edited by FireWorks_; 10th Dec 2014 at 19:05. Reason: Image resized
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Awww, what a cool friend!

And yep, that counts!
    Yusssssss <3
    *sends her cool friend two cuddley kittens*
    Sorry guys, that's an insider
    signature image

Hi guys,[*]A unique class skin re-color for all players who have made any purchase of Runestones or Founder's Packs to recognize your contributions.[/LIST]
    This is awesome Corey! I really like how there's a re-color. I wonder if it is for reaver.
    signature image

Originally Posted by CynnicalScout
    This is awesome Corey! I really like how there's a re-color. I wonder if it is for reaver.
    Considering the Immortal pack already gets a Reaver skin, I kinda doubt it.

Thanks for all the info and clarification, Corey and Cat
    Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    Considering the Immortal pack already gets a Reaver skin, I kinda doubt it.
    Yeah, would be nice to see another class rather than Reaver to get a re-colour. Must be a hard choice to make, considering that a lot of people will want a skin for their favourite character. But hey, a free skin is a free skin

Page 1 of 2 12 Last