Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 170

Thread: The Community Challenges Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99

    Thumbs Up

    Steam were doing wonderfully yesterday at 36% when I checked but Xbox not as good at 10% (I play both )
    signature image

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    64% (Steam) when I got home today... It seems these challenges are finally picking up.

    I'm totally focused on Set, but a few times I tried Osiris Puppet with a friend a regular fire skeleton spawned in its place lol. Also, if it's not challenging enough, you can activate the two combat challenges simultaneously.


  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    64% (Steam) when I got home today... It seems these challenges are finally picking up.

    I'm totally focused on Set, but a few times I tried Osiris Puppet with a friend a regular fire skeleton spawned in its place lol. Also, if it's not challenging enough, you can activate the two combat challenges simultaneously.

    That's hilarious about the fire skeleton! And absolute madness activating both challenges at once

    I'm just a bit confused; I can't seem to find Set's realm. I know Osiris' puppet is in Khepri's Amphitheatre, but where do I find Set?
    signature image

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    I've just assumed it meant Tomb of Set. Also, just checked and this challenge is 100% beaten in Steam and the Curse of Bes is ours to bear.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    After I posted the question, it occurred to me that it might mean Set's tomb, so have been spamming it ever since. Xbox was at 40% when I last checked, so finally on our way!
    signature image

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Yep, and Xbox players also met the challenge, with nearly a whole day to spare - and I'm with you re the Flamethrower, Treeble!
    Well... we might have spoken too soon. But this week's challenge is an opportunity to crack our Gold Flamethrowers ...... for gems.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Well... we might have spoken too soon. But this week's challenge is an opportunity to crack our Gold Flamethrowers ...... for gems.
    SE have obviously read our comments and decided to torture us even more
    signature image

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Well... we might have spoken too soon. But this week's challenge is an opportunity to crack our Gold Flamethrowers ...... for gems.
    The gems reward is pretty disappointing. I'm approaching 100,000. I guess if you're just picking up the game it is terrific and it might be alright on consoles if there was a way to have additional game saves and a distinction between new game/new game plus and I could go this week with a save where I don't have all the stuff from chests yet.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Yeah, I'm bordering 200,000 myself. Working on this challenge I'm sure I've already earned more from the drops than the reward is going to give me anyway, lol.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    192
    XBOX is at 19% on House Cleaning tonight with 4 days to go...

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Steam isn't doing so hot either, 31% as of now.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    The Steam community failed House Cleaning, unsurprisingly, at 49%. I'm impressed we even made to almost 50k kills anyway. The new challenge isn't live yet, hoping it's not as big a grind.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    New challenge has gone live and up for grabs is another shiny gold weapon - the Gold Rifle.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3
    Hi All,

    Can anyone tell me exactly how to access the community challenges on the XBOX One platform. I've enabled "Community Events" in the Options menu. I understand there should be a second obelisk beside the entrance to the arena but it's not there for the current challenge nor the previous one. I did see it for the "Double Date" challenge but that's the only time it's appeared.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protege5755 View Post
    Hi All,

    Can anyone tell me exactly how to access the community challenges on the XBOX One platform. I've enabled "Community Events" in the Options menu. I understand there should be a second obelisk beside the entrance to the arena but it's not there for the current challenge nor the previous one. I did see it for the "Double Date" challenge but that's the only time it's appeared.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Protege. First off, welcome to the SE forums

    To answer your question, you've done the first step by activating Community Events, so you're good to go. You're correct, the second obelisk in Khepri's Amphitheatre was for the Double Date challenge (and previously Pulling The Strings back in January), but since the challenge has ended, there is only one obelisk now. But you're still ok to try any of the obelisks throughout the map. The challenge also works in the Tombs, so for this week's challenge, using the Railgun on any enemy will count towards the final count. You can do it single player or co-op, doesn't matter.

    If you'd like to team up, I'm always happy to play co-op online - my Xbox GT is xx LadyLC xx, so feel free to look me up

    Good luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    The Steam community failed House Cleaning, unsurprisingly, at 49%. I'm impressed we even made to almost 50k kills anyway. The new challenge isn't live yet, hoping it's not as big a grind.
    What a coincidence, Xbox also got 49%! Spooky
    signature image

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Hi Protege. First off, welcome to the SE forums

    To answer your question, you've done the first step by activating Community Events, so you're good to go. You're correct, the second obelisk in Khepri's Amphitheatre was for the Double Date challenge (and previously Pulling The Strings back in January), but since the challenge has ended, there is only one obelisk now. But you're still ok to try any of the obelisks throughout the map. The challenge also works in the Tombs, so for this week's challenge, using the Railgun on any enemy will count towards the final count. You can do it single player or co-op, doesn't matter.

    If you'd like to team up, I'm always happy to play co-op online - my Xbox GT is xx LadyLC xx, so feel free to look me up

    Good luck
    Hi LadyLC

    Thanks for the clarification. I realise now that in general I got the wrong idea about accessing community challenges from what I read on tombraiders.net. I don't have an XBOX One Live Gold subscription so can't play co-op online but thanks for the invitation anyway. I also don't have the Railgun yet.

    Best of luck in the challenge.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    I'll drop Stella a note so she can rewrite that bit. She links back to this forum thread, so I can only hope the opening post would clear any doubts you might have had. I'll be doing some minor tweaks over the next few days so I'll take that chance to revise it as well.

    The challenges usually run for the whole week, so there may still be time for you to take part. The Railgun is a reward for completing a challenge in Tomb of the Torturer (also, from the little I've used it it seems to be a one-hitter, despite the slow rate of fire). Worth noting that you can still collect the spoils once the challenge is beaten.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Xbox completed the challenge by yesterday afternoon - beautifully powerful Golden Rifle now sits in my inventory
    signature image

  19. #94
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Next challenge is up -- Defeath Khepri 1000 times.

    For gems.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Xbox completed this within about 8 hours - very easy!
    signature image

  21. #96
    I almost "missed" it. Thing was over 3/4 done on PS4 when I first saw it. Khepri Schempri indeed.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Is it beaten on PS4? I just checked on Steam and it's currently at 82%.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Is it beaten on PS4? I just checked on Steam and it's currently at 82%.
    Might have to go on Steam to help boost that up for you all
    signature image

  24. #99
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Thanks to your additional help the Steam community also achieved 100%.

    No new challenge as of right now though... With the whole Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal going on this month they sure left Temple of Osiris behind...

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99

    Thumbs Up

    The new challenge has already been met by Xbox players! 60,000 crocodile kills with a rocket launcher and it was completed within a few hours. Giant sack of gems again, though. I'm just glad I didn't have to witness the challenge taking place. So many people are quite reckless with the rocket and grenade launchers, I doubt if anybody came out unscathed!

    I think it's helped that the game and DLC went on sale for £8 (UK) recently - lots of online players at the mo. I even managed to get all but my last achievement (couch party) which I don't mind
    signature image

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •