Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Community Challenges Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Like I said in the wall of text a couple of posts up, if everyone who's playing came together these requirements would be met within a day or two, but it's not what's happening.
    True... I'd love to help out but I can't connect my PS4 to this internet, damn Uni...
    signature image

Cool

Well, we failed Set's Osiris Puppet challenge... 48%.

But this week we're already being offered the second chance to get Set's Silver Flail. This time we have to kill 75,000 ice enemies with the Flamethrower. Doesn't seem too bad, but I'm still trying to find a good place to farm this type of enemies. It seems every combat challenge spawns a rather large number of fire enemies, but only a handful of ice ones.

Can't help but compare this to challenge #2... we had to kill 5,000 fire mummies for a gold weapon. Now, 75,000 for an amulet does seem slightly too many. D: I'll be on the lookout for a cheap farming spot.
    Xbox One failed at about 33%, despite my valiant efforts.

I tried the new one first thing Sunday morning, and by the end of day, we went from 1% to 3%. There may be hope

To be honest, I didn't quite understand what the Community Challenges were until I came across this thread. When I saw the first one, I thought I had to kill a million scarabs on my own! Daft, I know, but that's how my brain was working

I have been letting others know it's a group effort, because I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who thought these were individual goals. It's a bit difficult, however I have been broadcasting on Twitch so that others who are interested in the game understand the reason of the challenges. Hopefully it'll encourage others to contribute as well
    signature image

Hey there!

FYI, there was a brief error in the description for this week's challenge - it's for Bronze Set's Ice Flail, not Set's Silver Flail. That being said, we'll give you guys another shot at the Silver Flail soon!

Also, we're working to find the sweet-spot with these challenges so they are the right balance of requiring effort but not being unobtainable by each platform community. We think we're nearly there.

Meagan, I'm fairly sure Bronze Set's Ice Flail is an uncommon 'regular' lootable item though. Maybe another variant of said flail?

You were a few minutes faster Treeble, I was just about to point that out too

Meagan, I saw that you guys just announced that the icy tomb dlc is coming this week. I'm guessing it will be full of icy creatures so that will surely help us getting this challenge done.

I went back to the cliffside challenge and now I can confirm that even if I don't damage the spheres, they expire after a copule of minutes. Anyway, only a few icy scarabs spawn come from it so it's definitely not a good farm spot.

When will finally launch the tombs for those who have the season pass (DLC)?

Quote Originally Posted by f4c3m4n View Post
    I went back to the cliffside challenge and now I can confirm that even if I don't damage the spheres, they expire after a copule of minutes. Anyway, only a few icy scarabs spawn come from it so it's definitely not a good farm spot.
    Among the possibilities it still seems to be the best though. I'm not even seeing what kind of scarabs I'm killing anymore as I kill them before they even get out of the ball, but considering the Steam community made 14% progress in two days (that's about just over 10,000 registered kills!), it might be ammounting to something.

(or there are other people doing it right and I'm just piggybacking on their efforts )

Also, someone has brought something to my attention. If we *freeze* the enemies (with icy-enchanted weapons or even enfrost amulets) before killing them with the flamethrower, will they still count towards the challenge total? Could you please enlighten us, Meagan?
    Last edited by Treeble; 13th Jan 2015 at 00:13.

Meagan, I'm fairly sure Bronze Set's Ice Flail is an uncommon 'regular' lootable item though. Maybe another variant of said flail?

You are correct! Okay, we've updated it to Bronze Spirit Ankh of Heb. Sorry about the confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by f4c3m4n View Post
    You were a few minutes faster Treeble, I was just about to point that out too

Meagan, I saw that you guys just announced that the icy tomb dlc is coming this week. I'm guessing it will be full of icy creatures so that will surely help us getting this challenge done.

The element of baddies actually mostly depends on the weather state. So you'll get the most during the day time while snowing. If it's night and snowing you'll split bad guys between fire and ice elements. The weather effects all enemies both in the Overworld and Tombs, so you don't have to grind it out in the actual snow.

Among the possibilities it still seems to be the best though. I'm not even seeing what kind of scarabs I'm killing anymore as I kill them before they even get out of the ball, but considering the Steam community made 14% progress in two days (that's about just over 10,000 registered kills!), it might be ammounting to something.

(or there are other people doing it right and I'm just piggybacking on their efforts )

Also, someone has brought something to my attention. If we *freeze* the enemies (with icy-enchanted weapons or even enfrost amulets) before killing them with the flamethrower, will they still count towards the challenge total? Could you please enlighten us, Meagan?
    I checked, and no, that doesn't count. You're creative though.

Lightbulb

Xbox One was up to 10% last night, so steadily progressing on......

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    The weather effects all enemies both in the Overworld and Tombs, so you don't have to grind it out in the actual snow.
    I'm glad you clarified that - I was melting them in the tombs just in case
    signature image

Xbox One up to 21% last night - great effort so far
    signature image

Steam is 29%... 3 days to go. Not sure we can make it but me and a friend found an awesome place to farm! Third round of marks in Tomb of Set, countless enemies and when you need ammo, just close one of the marks and stay close to it to regen some. We must have killed around 200~ ice enemies in about 30-ish minutes!

Not sure what the count would be in single player, but spread the word. We can do this!

EDIT/ Amulets with Supply Hunter will also be particularly useful to make sure you don't run out of ammo or health as quickly.
    Last edited by Treeble; 16th Jan 2015 at 21:50. Reason: more realistic amount of kills after another grinding session... another impending failure i'm afraid...

Thumbs Up

Thanks to Square Enix - the Heart of Ice challenge has been extended 6 more days

XboxOne at 62% so we might do it!:

Saw the new challenge Both Barrels this morning and had a go. When I checked our progress we're already at 100%!! Gold Shotguns all around
    signature image

Yup! Steam is at 57% so I'm also hopeful the time extension will be exactly what we needed.

And shiny Gold Shotguns available for Steam users as well!

EDIT/
    Here is a video of the farming spot I mentioned above. There are slightly less enemies when playing solo, but still a good average of ice enemies. Make sure to set the weather to Snow/Day before heading into Tomb of Set!

Last edited by Treeble; 18th Jan 2015 at 20:13. Reason: video for farming spot

Congrats to the Steam community - we have (finally) achieved 100% completion on Heart of Ice.

(and if I never see a flamethrower again it will still be too soon!)

Thumbs Up

Congrats to the Steam community - we have (finally) achieved 100% completion on Heart of Ice.

(and if I never see a flamethrower again it will still be too soon!)
    Yep, and Xbox players also met the challenge, with nearly a whole day to spare - and I'm with you re the Flamethrower, Treeble!

signature image

This week we will have not challenge?

New challenge is now live! We have to kill 10 thousand fire enemies. Our reward shall be the Gold Flamethrower.

New challenge is now live! We have to kill 10 thousand fire enemies. Our reward shall be the Gold Flamethrower.
    oh right

I had estranged since 00:00 Sunday that the challenge goes live, this time came a little late

Thumbs Up

When I logged off last night, XboxOne players had already got to 64% - was quite fun using those ice weapons, especially the Icy Deus Ex rifle
    signature image

Yeah, this one flew right by! We've reached 100% completion on Steam a couple of hours ago, and I'm guessing the Xbox community also have by now!

It helped that the farming spot was, essentially, the same as we grinded out ice enemies for the last two weeks, lol.

We also got the Steam hours ago. This challenge was actually very easy, could have more so

Thumbs Up

Yeah, this one flew right by! We've reached 100% completion on Steam a couple of hours ago, and I'm guessing the Xbox community also have by now!
    Yes indeed - it was there when I got home from work yesterday; so much for never seeing another Flamethrower again though

BTW, the first post in this thread stated that PS4 and Xbox stats would be added if someone contributes - I can't seem to find them
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    BTW, the first post in this thread stated that PS4 and Xbox stats would be added if someone contributes - I can't seem to find them
    Sorry for that lol. I changed it slightly, wasn't sure whether to use checkmarks or percentual numbers so I went with the former. Hope I've put together correctly the results I've gathered!

Xbox definitely got number 1 and failed at number 3, but can't recall number 2. Will check my inventory tonight and see if I have the gold machine gun and get back to you
    signature image

Details for the new challenge are already available ingame though it only starts in 19 hours. Shouldn't prove too difficult, killing Set and the Osiris puppet 500 times each.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast