Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Community Challenges Thread

Hi, I want to ask concerning the new challenge from today. Where do I get the chaingun? Because I seem to be missing it.

Beat the Gold Score Challenge in Tomb of the Architect and it shall be yours.

Thank you, got it! Now onto the challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    We'll put many of the items up again in the future, yes. And there is a delay time on refreshing due to high server loads and so on. That can account for periods when it makes a large jump in progress.

Thank you Meagan Happy Holidays!

As I was doing my daily grind of Chaingun kills (still at 26%... don't think we'll make it tbh), I noticed details for a fourth challenge have appeared! Looks like we'll be killing Set 1000 times in the forthcoming days - for even more gems. lol (I already have like 25k to spare)

But I think there's more to it... the way I see, by reaching the goal we'll also unlock something called Battle Arena Event. Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    As I was doing my daily grind of Chaingun kills (still at 26%... don't think we'll make it tbh), I noticed details for a fourth challenge have appeared! Looks like we'll be killing Set 1000 times in the forthcoming days - for even more gems. lol (I already have like 25k to spare)

But I think there's more to it... the way I see, by reaching the goal we'll also unlock something called Battle Arena Event. Hm...
    Yeah I'm grinding 1-2 hours daily as well (28% now). I think most people play LCTOO on consoles so we have a tougher time completing these challenges. Combine that with Xmas and I think we should get a 1 week extension (*winks at CD)

That other challenge might be the first weekend one they were talking about. It is opening in 10 minutes I'm already set to kill Set a couple of times today :P

EDIT: Yes it's live, and I just realized that if you don't care about Set you can actually farm much more minions than with the obelisk challenges.
    Last edited by f4c3m4n; 25th Dec 2014 at 09:01.

50k gems here. What must i do with these ? got all chest items / onyx / season pass items ...

We can hope they add a whole new batch of loot items in the future, though I don't see it happening. Plus, even if they did, you and I would probably get them all in one go anyway lol.

I've shifted my focus to Set, the requirement isn't as steep and considering the progress we've made so far I'm optimistic about it. Good thing we're not going to lose any critical item by failing the Chaingun challenge. :\

Good thing we're not going to lose any critical item by failing the Chaingun challenge. :\
    Even if we do Meagan already confirmed that said items will be offered later again And in Meagan we trust! lol

Well, excellent news today:

- 200k Chaingun kills challenge extended until the first of January. We're likely to succeed with the extra five days.
    - 1k Set kills will also earn us an additional remixed track in the official soundtrack. At 65% with five days to go, things are looking good.

Source

what is " Arena Battle Event ! " ?

We'll know on January 2nd. From what Meagan posted on today's update though I'd guess is one of those special combat challenges with extra hazards. Not sure how it will work out, but it's just around the corner now.

Well, excellent news today:

- 200k Chaingun kills challenge extended until the first of January. We're likely to succeed with the extra five days.
    - 1k Set kills will also earn us an additional remixed track in the official soundtrack. At 65% with five days to go, things are looking good.

Source
    An additional remixed track?!! Yeah! That is awesome!

We'll know on January 2nd. From what Meagan posted on today's update though I'd guess is one of those special combat challenges with extra hazards. Not sure how it will work out, but it's just around the corner now.
    Yep, you'll find out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRaider View Post
    An additional remixed track?!! Yeah! That is awesome!
    You guys are fast! Unlocked already across all three platforms. I'll upload the bonus track today to hold you over till the Arena event goes live on the second!

ok ty for infos, it is not implemented yet, that s why i can t found it.

edit : i found a new way
    Joyeuses fêtes au staff

Last edited by Drcac13; 30th Dec 2014 at 19:52.

Starting tomorrow (Friday) we'll apparently be facing a new foe in Khepri's Amphitheater... 1,500 kills doesn't seem too bad, not to mention the reward is a lot more interesting than more gems (an all new amulet).

just tried the new event, and it s a boss encounter. I think this is kind of things that game need.( with new tombs also )

I don t understand if the 2 events, arena + new boss are the same thing but it related on 2 différents community quests.

3. Payback Time
    Gun down 200,000 enemies with the Chaingun!
    Reward: Huge Bag of Gems
    FAILURE. (Dec 21 - Jan 01)
    Damn it ! we noob
    Last edited by Drcac13; 2nd Jan 2015 at 19:52.

Well, I'm not overly upset we failed it lol. I read elsewhere the bag was worth 500 gems... hardly worth the trouble when I have like ~70k to spare.

The current challenge is actually rather fun and yes, I hope we have new bosses along the way! Afraid this might be available only for this week, I've recorded the Set's Osiris Puppet battle:

(I really need to learn proper video editing!)

Well, I'm not overly upset we failed it lol. I read elsewhere the bag was worth 500 gems... hardly worth the trouble when I have like ~70k to spare.

The current challenge is actually rather fun and yes, I hope we have new bosses along the way! Afraid this might be available only for this week, I've recorded the Set's Osiris Puppet battle:

(I really need to learn proper video editing!)
    Good work! You beat him way faster than I have so far, lol. I love this added content. Its fresh and fun. Great work Crystal!

Four days in (and only three left to go), the Steam community has only achieved 35% completion of 1500 kills... We're going to bomb this challenge so hard it's not even going to be funny.

I've been doing quick daily grinds killing Osiris 10-15 times per session, like three or four sessions a day, and considering it takes two minutes tops to defeat him, I was sure we were going to get this new amulet. Then Steam tells me there are 500+ people playing the game right now, so it was more than certainly doable, so in a way I do think we don't deserve it. :\

This triggered an idea in my mind though... what if a future update would include some sort of ingame shop to purchase items the community fails to achieve? Read my pitch. I have 100k gems to spare and this number keeps growing as I am doing my part... considering everybody else obviously is not as intent as I am in getting it, I would gladly spent 20k, 30k gems to purchase this item, just for the sake of having it.

I would still have been rewarded for having done my share of the work and it would give me additional incentive to keep playing and stocking gems for future instances we come to fail.

1 million scarabs on launch week might have been a tad too many, but every other community challenge requisites have been very grounded to the installed user base (like I said, 500 people in game right now, how come in a whole week the community can't defeat a sub 2-min boss 1500 times? - If each of these 500 individuals set off to kill Osiris, we could complete this challenge in 5 minutes. 5 minutes.)... so it makes me so sad that our outcome is this deppressing...

Yes, I know we still have three days to go, but by now we should be at 60%+, at least. I suppose asking for a time extension would be an easier alternative, but it would still require the whole community to come together instead of just a handful players.

It doesn't even have to be structured like a "shop" with menus and the like. Just throw in a 25k~ Chest in the overworld with this item when the challenge fails... it could be there only for the original 24-hour period so only those people who'd been doing their part would be sure to get it.

I agree with Treeble in everything he said. I think Meagan said that in some way the missed rewards will be offered again. Maybe they also thought about some kind of shop in form of an ancient egyptian shopkeeper who only accepts those gems we gather

By the way my time of killing the puppet Osiris is around 1 min 15 sec and I'm repeating it quite a lot, although I am not counting exactly how many times a day.

Besides having fewer players than on consoles I feel like the Community Events are not advertised enough in the game menu. They should be highlighted in the Main menu in some way. I felt like the Chaingun event was probably missed cause you actually needed to get the chaingun first, and the people who only bought the game during the Xmas sale have not even gotten there yet. So only a dozen of people killed minions with the proper gun, hence the failed event.

UPDATE: Okay I clocked my time cause I was curious exactly how well I was doing and it's averageing between 45-50 sec Funniest bit is when you leave minions alive after killing the puppet and they just try to casually leave the arena like it's just another monday at work
    Last edited by f4c3m4n; 9th Jan 2015 at 01:04.

Well, we failed Set's Osiris Puppet challenge... 48%.

But this week we're already being offered the second chance to get Set's Silver Flail. This time we have to kill 75,000 ice enemies with the Flamethrower. Doesn't seem too bad, but I'm still trying to find a good place to farm this type of enemies. It seems every combat challenge spawns a rather large number of fire enemies, but only a handful of ice ones.

Can't help but compare this to challenge #2... we had to kill 5,000 fire mummies for a gold weapon. Now, 75,000 for an amulet does seem slightly too many. D: I'll be on the lookout for a cheap farming spot.
    Last edited by Treeble; 11th Jan 2015 at 14:26.

^ Well, if they were easy tasks, they wouldn't be challenges
    signature image

I set the weather to frosty and went around all 5 combat challenges. None of them seems to be a good way to farm unfortunately.

Sunken temple of Sobek challenge - few (5-8) ice crocodiles - pity you can't kill them with flamthower

Shrine of Osiris challenge - few (5-6) ice skeletons/ice scarabs

Khepri Amphitheatre challenge - few (5-8) ice skeletons

Waterfall of Sobek challenge - few (5-8) ice crocs/scarabs

Cliffside challenge (the one with the golden spheres that spawn enemies) - few ice scarabs, although this one is tricky

It might worth trying to close the other 3 spheres, and let the scarab one open to infinitely spawn them and see how many icy ones come. I will get back to this as I think I might have damaged the spheres with my flamethower or maybe they do not have infinite scarab population.

Yeah, Cliffiside seems to be the way to go. Still more fire scarabs than ice ones, but at least it's something. I've seen some arrow skeletons as well, but they take 1/3 of the ammo bar to finally die.

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    ^ Well, if they were easy tasks, they wouldn't be challenges
    None of them has been exactly easy this far - except for the very first one which someone hacked lol. Like I said in the wall of text a couple of posts up, if everyone who's playing came together these requirements would be met within a day or two, but it's not what's happening.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast