Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Game Roll Back – December 6

Game Roll Back – December 6

Game Roll Back – December 6

Please note we are having some down time, while we perform a roll back of the game. Note after this is completed, the previous matchmaking service will be available again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Please note we are having some down time, while we perform a roll back of the game. Note after this is completed, the previous matchmaking service will be available again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Any estimate how long this will take?

I know matchmaking and balance is a critical issue, but it's pointless if the proper tests aren't made and you guys gotta role-back to the previous version.
    It's the third time, your losing credibility...

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I know matchmaking and balance is a critical issue, but it's pointless if the proper tests aren't made and you guys gotta role-back to the previous version.
    They arent losing credibility since they make progress and improves everytime. Keep in mind that this is a closed BETA we are here to help them test and make this game the best it could be.
    If they have to launch a version of the game and let us test it then that is fine since this is a beta again I cant point that out enough. When we test it we WILL notice buggs/ technical errors and what not that we report and by doing so helping them to make a version where everything works.

Beta is a stage of Trial and Error.

(click image to enlarge)

Imho it's great that they search for problems and after that do a fast rollback. It would be hard to test this patch with just devs and mods playing it in a sandbox..

You should be greatful to be part of beta testers and that they do rollback instead of trying to fix problems with new patch that could take days.

Originally Posted by WoG-Hazaa
    Imho it's great that they search for problems and after that do a fast rollback. It would be hard to test this patch with just devs and mods playing it in a sandbox..

You should be greatful to be part of beta testers and that they do rollback instead of trying to fix problems with new patch that could take days.
    I agree, its worth it and this is coming from a guy who hasent had a day off in three weeks (except thanksgiving) and when i finally do i find a patch
    signature image

Dear Psyonix and or Square Enix people responsible for this decision,

congratulation for this painful but necessary rollback decision. Congratulation for learning from the free weekend and similar situations, where things didnt work as intended. Thank you for slamming on the emergency brakes instead of letting it go and leaving us players and testers with a broken game, hobby etc. Thanks for allowing your workers to fix the errors without the pressure of having a broken live release out where every hour means frustration to hundreds of your playerbase.

Also props for highlighting the test character of the recent releases. It is an honest and correct approach. Thank you for not continuing the past "heres the new great feature! love it FFS!!!*hype*" "but its broken..." "its beta! what did you expect!?" policy. You gained my respect for it and drastically reduced my frustration with this project that we all want to succeed.

PS: Sorry for my lack of proper english
    PPS: Can we please watch demos while the game is in maint? aka allow noscam
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

It's fair enough indeed. These things got to be ironed out after all.
    signature image

I agree. Never saw that in many betas I participated before.

Is this roll back gonna happen today or not as this is taking its sweet ass time
    signature image

It would be nice to get an estimate on how long the servers will be down for. I just got a code and wanna try the game.

steam did just start downloading an update though...maybe it's a sign that it'll be up soon.

I'm in....apparently I'm the only one.

edit: and down they go again
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 6th Dec 2014 at 17:19. Reason: Tripple posting, please use the edit function

Originally Posted by Thamior2311
    I agree. Never saw that in many betas I participated before.
    That is because most of the time they let you stew in the broken game for however long it takes them to fix the issues instead of rolling back to a playable state. In my book this earns them credibility, shows they care about their customers -- even during a beta where those customers should know full well that downtime and bugs are to be expected.

Sadly though I did not get the chance to partake in this patch much, was only able to play roughly half a match due to issues with my ISP. What I did see seemed quite solid. <3 Backstab.

Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    That is because most of the time they let you stew in the broken game for however long it takes them to fix the issues instead of rolling back to a playable state. In my book this earns them credibility, shows they care about their customers -- even during a beta where those customers should know full well that downtime and bugs are to be expected.

Sadly though I did not get the chance to partake in this patch much, was only able to play roughly half a match due to issues with my ISP. What I did see seemed quite solid. <3 Backstab.
    No, you misunderstood what I said. I never saw such crippling problems in other betas. And never saw rolling back and forth so many times. This is alpha material then if it's going to be like that.

its letting me DL right now
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    its letting me DL right now
    Yeah u can dl the roll back patch, but servers not up for gaming yet.

Server status

Yeah u can dl the roll back patch, but servers not up for gaming yet.

Server status
    My eyes are rolling back so hard now...

Patches are great, rollbacks are needed when something is broken, but why it always takes so much time? Game does not work for whole day. I have a day off from work and game is in maitanance for so much time. What about boosters? i hope that people who will get extension for atleast 2 days.

I mean i wouldnt mind if it would be 100% beta, but since in-game store for real money is implemented i guess Square-Enix and Psyonix will take responsibility and ad some extra time to our boosters.

Originally Posted by Necro71
    Patches are great, rollbacks are needed when something is broken, but why it always takes so much time? Game does not work for whole day. I have a day off from work and game is in maitanance for so much time. What about boosters? i hope that people who will get extension for atleast 2 days.

I mean i wouldnt mind if it would be 100% beta, but since in-game store for real money is implemented i guess Square-Enix and Psyonix will take responsibility and ad some extra time to our boosters.
    it's a weekend. I guess there's just one guy in the office right now. ))))

Last edited by Lord_Aevum; 6th Dec 2014 at 17:44. Reason: double posting; please use edit function

Originally Posted by Necro71

I know where your coming from...

This is in the hands of Square Enix. The times i had boosters running and serious game breaking issues occured, the support did a proper compensation for me when I contacted them. Took about a week til I got the final confirmation. There was also a great move by them in the past where they refilled ALL booster of all players - that was a pretty solid compensation

Chris Christmas Rodriguez couldnt do better kickin'
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

does no-one have an estimated time we can play?!?!?!?!?

also is there an ingame chat and can you ctrl+v into it?? (i havent played, installed at the best time eh)

what did they roll back ? patch update from 5.12 yesterday ?

Roll back has been completed, thank you for your patience
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

SERVERS UP AND GAME ON!!!

SERVERS UP AND GAME ON!!!
    It tells me servers are down.

I still have messages saying servers down, but server status says it's ok?
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last