Thread: Regarding "New Nosgoth screenshots (Pt. 1)" Blog Post

Regarding "New Nosgoth screenshots (Pt. 1)" Blog Post

Regarding "New Nosgoth screenshots (Pt. 1)" Blog Post

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/new-nosg...reenshots-pt-1

So recently this post showed up on the blog and I rly rly like most of the screenshots and would like to use them as backgrounds... but the resolution is rather small

My question at this point is, if we can get some kind of link to download these screenshots in full resolution (1080p) ?
    signature image

Yep, we'll be providing some of them on the wallpaper page, and for other sorting a way you can download them direct.

There are some great shots there, and I'm using 3 of them as wallpapers already
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I had a few things i liked to discuss about the pics also.

I was wondering what is this green explosion? Is it a shot from the Alchemist's full-bore cannon?

(click image to enlarge)

And perhaps this is the one that intrigued me the most, it looks like Razielim has a sword

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Bazielim; 3rd Dec 2014 at 21:03. Reason: adding thumb tags to large pictures

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Yep, we'll be providing some of them on the wallpaper page, and for other sorting a way you can download them direct.

There are some great shots there, and I'm using 3 of them as wallpapers already
    Thank u Cat Can't wait to put them up as wallpapers aswell
    signature image

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I had a few things i liked to discuss about the pics also.

I was wondering what is this green explosion? Is it a shot from the Alchemist's full-bore cannon?

(click image to enlarge)
    Looks like an Alchemist explosion to me.

And perhaps this is the one that intrigued me the most, it looks like Razielim has a sword

(click image to enlarge)
    That's just the trails from his melee swipe. No swords for him, sorry.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    That's just the trails from his melee swipe. No swords for him, sorry.
    You break my heart </3

It would be a cool option though, to have melee weapons for vamps...even if it's just visual.

You break my heart </3

It would be a cool option though, to have melee weapons for vamps...even if it's just visual.
    I second that, could not agree more.

They melee weapons - really really really painful claws. I mean.... REALLY painful.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    They melee weapons - really really really painful claws. I mean.... REALLY painful.
    The Dumahim were renowned for their weapon usage. I once suggested that a set of Katars (such as this very soul reaver like one http://www.goods.pl/images/products/...tar_403531.jpg) would require practically no changes to their pounce animation. Perhaps is could be included in a rare variant of that ability.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    The Dumahim were renowned for their weapon usage. I once suggested that a set of Katars (such as this very soul reaver like one http://www.goods.pl/images/products/...tar_403531.jpg) would require practically no changes to their pounce animation. Perhaps is could be included in a rare variant of that ability.
    Yeah
    Like instead of having mysterious items that make your claws glow with lightning, make a "weapon" drop for vampires. Same idea, no damage or range boost...just visual coolness.

Yeah
    Like instead of having mysterious items that make your claws glow with lightning, make a "weapon" drop for vampires. Same idea, no damage or range boost...just visual coolness.
    Well, I mean it depends on the ability. For example, we already have savage pounce doing more damage than regular, so the explanation for the extra damage and (less other stuff) could be that the Reaver has those weapons in his hand. Or it could just be like you said, or even new abilities that incorporate the weapon by default. The developers probably wouldn't have time to make it so that equipping "Bladed Pounce" or something overrides the regular attack animations, but could if they wanted to.

Something like this also wouldn't need to interfere with regular attacks. The blades would just unfold for the special attack and tuck back in afterwards:
    http://i.imgur.com/rv8PpuB.jpg

EDIT: Actually, just like with the Katars these could work with a pounce animation without requiring it to work any differently other than the maul animation at the end of the move. The damage, aiming and timing etc would all remain the same.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Well, I mean it depends on the ability. For example, we already have savage pounce doing more damage than regular, so the explanation for the extra damage and (less other stuff) could be that the Reaver has those weapons in his hand. Or it could just be like you said, or even new abilities that incorporate the weapon by default. The developers probably wouldn't have time to make it so that equipping "Bladed Pounce" or something overrides the regular attack animations, but could if they wanted to.

Something like this also wouldn't need to interfere with regular attacks. The blades would just unfold for the special attack and tuck back in afterwards:
    http://i.imgur.com/rv8PpuB.jpg

EDIT: Actually, just like with the Katars these could work with a pounce animation without requiring it to work any differently other than the maul animation at the end of the move. The damage, aiming and timing etc would all remain the same.
    Quite a good idea, imo.
    I quite like it. I always thought it a bit odd that vamps dont use any weapon.

I just realized that the wallpaper page is apparently gone

If I click on the media tab on http://www.nosgoth.com/blog I can only access videos

Rly liked that feature and would like to download some wallpapers again ._.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Shikei001
    I just realized that the wallpaper page is apparently gone
    Yeah! bring 'em back.
    I know on their FB page they have alot of the screenshots.

Alternatively I think I've uploaded most things that have been released to the Nosgoth page on Giant Bomb.

The page is going through a bit of an update at the moment. I'm going to upload a few high res images to another page for now, bear with me

Hey everyone,

I uploaded a big ole batch of very high res screenshots in an album here. A lot of the images are, for instance, 5120 x 2880.

If there are any specific screenshots you've seen before that you'd like a higher res version of, let me know and I'll see what I can do
    We won't have them all at that high a res, but I can certainly check!

To get the higher res image, click on one and then when it pops up, click the Cog icon in the right corner and then "View full resolution" or "Download full resolution" to get the proper download.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Hey everyone,

I uploaded a big ole batch of very high res screenshots in an album here.
    Thank you very very much Cat *_* I downloaded ALL
    Exactly what I needed now

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Alternatively I think I've uploaded most things that have been released to the Nosgoth page on Giant Bomb.
    Ouh *_* I see they got also a lot of the artwork and the skins and maps *_*
    Thank you lucinvampire, definitely gonna look those through

And Cat if the page is going through an update
    Maybe a little additional page with all the artwork and wallpaper and everything
    I would gladly download every picture of nosgoth that you let me have

Would rly rly love you for that
    signature image

Ahh, I was wondering why this thread was back from the dead. Cat, as usual, was involved
    Psyonix Community Manager

Hey! I can't help myself!

Here's some new wallpapers we've been working on

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/new-class-wallpapers