Thread: Playing against a good human team

Playing against a good human team

Playing against a good human team

Let it be said, I suck at this game. Still, I think my 50% win ratio is fine. Average, probably.

We all know that vampires can easily stomp a human team who don't know what they're doing. The problem is, I can't seem to do anything against those who do.

It's not about the classes they're playing or the abilities they're using. It just seems that vampires have an incredibly hard time against a half-decent human team. Especially if they're camping in one of the better spots. It feels like you just can't get close to them. Try running up to them, you're dead before you reach them. Tyrant jump? Dead as soon as you hit the ground, if not sooner. Charge seems impossible to initiate with.

Reaver nades? They just got nerfed. And don't even think about flying as a Sentinel. Just getting into position can cripple your team, and then you haven't even started the fight.

It's so demoralising, losing by 10 or 20 points because your team can't even land a single hit. The worst offenders seem to be the walled off "fortress" on Valeholm and the docks on Freeport. Any tips on how to deal with good human teams? How do you fight in "those" spots? What team composition do you recommend to be able to actually fight the humans?

TL;DR Humans with brains kick my ass. What do?

fight as a team, you cant jump in one at a time and expect to live, that said some teams are just that good
    signature image

Vampires have to play as intelligently as Humans.

1st off, always have an escape if you miss or your opening attack dosen't work. Basically as soon as you're going in, get ready to pop a defensive ability and GTFO. Some games don't have to go to the 30 counter, if you don't die you don't give them points. Slowly damage them and guard healing stations.

If you're Tyrant, Ignore pain can be one, Jump can also get you out of harms way. I saw a Tyrant use that Jump ability very wisely, he'd go in all melee with Enrage and when his HP dropped he'd be using Jump to GTFO and regen. Against a strong human team, having both Jump and Ignore pain could give you the much needed ability cooldowns.

If you're a Reaver, Evasion or Shadow step can work wonder to get out of trouble. Also, use Leap attack instead of savage / regular pounce, it won't root you in place and you'll be able to run crouched / less visible than normal.

If you're Sentinel, try running around and fly only if necessary, good hunters / scouts can make your life Hell if you fly high in the sky. Only try to kidnap when the human team is engaged and pick of your nemesis, hunter or scout, and put them in your team's claws. Kill the guy the Sentinel picked of and rinse repeat as a team. Don't even engage in melee against a good human team. Win the round 10-8 if needed.

If you're Deceiver, It's probably the hardest class to play well against good humans, but illusions can buy you a couple of seconds to GTFO, or to open up (if you jump on them out of nowhere it can be confusing for them to see 3 Deceivers and then it can buy you a couple of seconds to kill one ennemy and then GTFO with invisibility). Coordinating with a good Sentinel with Dominate mind can also work, make an ennemy vulnerable to kidnap, and then finish him of.

Playing a good team of humans in this game requires patience and good vampire players that master their skills to perfection. Remember, DO NOT DIE for nothing. Don't be the guy going all out in melee and SPLAT. It's unecessary. Ask your Reaver to use smoke bomb and then pick them off one by one with Sentinel. Then when one human is dead, search for his spawn and spawn camp gang on him. That'll make the team go out of their sweet camp spot.

Well i just totted up my K/D's on all classes.

Humans 1014 Kills 999 Deaths
    Vampires 994 Kills 710 Deaths

I am absolutely amazed that it looks like i'm a better player with the vamps, i just don't find them the slightest bit fun to play, and the DPS they can put out is no where near close to humans. For me humans are enjoyable to play as, but vamps need more team coordination and generally not fun to play as for me.

After the nerfs to Dumahim I have found humans to be very hard to deal with. I switched to smoke bomb as it proved to be more effective. But still, vampires rarely win any more, and if they do they are only 2-3 kills ahead of the humans. Might just be because I'm level 20+

Tyrant is killed as they charge/jump in, Sentinel is killed as they fly close, Deciever's are killed as soon as they are spotted/attack. And Reavers get killed as soon as they pounce, if they are not in the cover of smoke bomb, or have not split the humans up with choking haze (which is nigh impossible these days).
    signature image

Hi everyone!

I am level 25 atm and I see quite a bit difference between mid-high level player and low level player. At low level, vampires are very strong and its easy to win a round with a big difference, mainly because humans need coordination and are generally more difficoult to play at low level.

At the other hand, from level 20 I think humans are better..a coordinated human team camping in a big open area when everyone see at their teammate its really diffcoult to break. And many vampires don't play as a team.. probably this is the main reason of fails. Also vampires need to attack togheter from different location.

As a result of this, in my opinion and experience, its quite difficoult for vampire to win convincely at high level play if the players are at the same level

In this scenario, bomb's nerf its really bad in my opinion.. we really didn't need it. And its also quite ridicolous that a vampire can't throw a bombs for more than like.. 5 meters!

Humans, with the exception of a few patches have always been the stronger team. I think some of the newer players from the recent wave (Pax, E3, etc.) are starting to have some game time under their belt and are starting to recognize how to play as a team. As it stands, the humans are still better. This is difficult to test atm until the new matchmaking is implemented. Many of the veteran players and pre-made teams aren't playing currently. Quite honestly, until they come back, and teams are implemented we can't compare faction strength as a whole for balance. We have to stick with abilities, tweaks etc. The devs, overall had a great patch. The two questionable aspects were only the throw distance (Which was a good change, just too overdone.) and the accuracy tweaks. All-in-all they came about ahead this time by far.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Yeah the matchmaking isn't fun with not being able to play in premade teams, look forward to playing with you guys again when they implement this.

As he mentioned this is also a map problem. Imho there shouldn't be one place on the map which is superior to all the others, the human team should have to rotate from one good spot to another just to make use of the healingstations (maybe increase their cd? or change some of their locations, so humans can't camp one spot on the map). Especially on Freeport and Valeholm are spots which are vastly superior to all the others, as it happens there are also two healingstations near. I think Sommerdam and Fane are much more balanced in this regard (I think Fane is the best map for vampires, however I haven't played it enough yet to be sure about that).

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Humans, with the exception of a few patches have always been the stronger team. I think some of the newer players from the recent wave (Pax, E3, etc.) are starting to have some game time under their belt and are starting to recognize how to play as a team. As it stands, the humans are still better. This is difficult to test atm until the new matchmaking is implemented. Many of the veteran players and pre-made teams aren't playing currently. Quite honestly, until they come back, and teams are implemented we can't compare faction strength as a whole for balance. We have to stick with abilities, tweaks etc. The devs, overall had a great patch. The two questionable aspects were only the throw distance (Which was a good change, just too overdone.) and the accuracy tweaks. All-in-all they came about ahead this time by far.
    Imo even without proper teams it's fairly obvious that humans are much stronger. Vampires have better damage mitgation and burst damage, but the sustained damage and various CC/slows/stuns that humans have make them much more powerful in a coordinated group. Vampires need to perfectly coordinate their attack in order to take down an organized human team. Humans just need to stick together and pay attention.

Personally I'm fine with this. Perfect faction balance is pretty much impossible and and the devs have reached the best solution in having both teams play each side. All they really should do is try to their best to keep any class from being outrageously over powered.