Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Noted Suggestions Version 2 & Implemented Suggestions

Noted Suggestions Version 2 & Implemented Suggestions

Lightbulb Noted Suggestions Version 2 & Implemented Suggestions

Hi all!

I decided it was not only time to update the Noted Suggestions list, but also to list some of the suggestions that have been direct community suggestions put into the game!

This is far from a full list, but here are quite a few implemented community suggestions (in no particular order):

• Tutorial Mode
    • Console Controller Support
    • Auto-Kick Inactive Players
    • Lower Graphical Detail Options
    • Server Region Selection
    • Ignore/Mute Players
    • Level-Based Unlockable Skins
    • Damage Taken Indicator
    • Combine Servers After Prolonged Time
    • Minimized Taskbar Flash When Game About to Start
    • Anti-Cheat System
    • Statistics Display (In-Game)
    • Ability for Humans to Aim (Almost) Directly Upwards
    • More Blood & Gore
    • More Execution Types
    • Executions of Vampires by Humans
    • Dodge Roll
    • More Screen Shakes
    • Tyrants Immune to Disabilities While Charging
    • Twitch Integration
    • Rename Phase
    • Rename Banish Shot

Community suggestions confirmed for planned future implementation:

• Re-Rolling Chest Item Statistics
    • Color-Blind Modes or Adjustments
    • Class-Specific Tutorial/Practice Modes
    • Removing Class-Specific Boosters
    • Reduced Permanent Perk Prices
    • Gold In Founders Packs
    • Improved Skin Previews
    • Minimap Adjustments

Below is a list of almost every suggestion (that has yet to be implemented) we've made a note of as of 14th July 2014 (excluding game modes, skills, classes, & skins). We are listening! Can't guarantee everything will be introduced though, and some probably simply aren't possible.

As such, please DO NOT view this as a teaser of anything to come. It really is simply a list of your suggestions to date.

• More Specific Item Information
    • Sentinel Targeting Improvement
    • Tyrant Ledge Grab While Jumping
    • Player Report System
    • Vote Options
    • Set Length of Games
    • Quickchat (VGS) Options & Preset Commands
    • Human Slight Jump
    • Corpse Decay Timer
    • Maximum 2 Per Class In New Recruit Games
    • More Female Characters
    • Chat Focus Hotkey
    • Introductory Key Binding Graphic
    • Crouch
    • Distinguish "Left the Game" From "Disconnected"
    • Purchasable One Day Trial Items
    • Alchemist Poison Cloud Colour Change
    • Purposely Quitting Should Incur Penalty
    • Reaver Haste Should Affect Charged Melee
    • Dodge Out Of Bola
    • Larger Description Font
    • Hover Over Tooltips In-Game
    • Auto-Reload At Health Stations
    • Customization Unlocked By Leveling Up
    • Higher Display Resolution Options
    • Custom Game Modes
    • More Buildings
    • Typing Chat Icon
    • Sentinel Inverted Flight Control Option
    • Font Size Options
    • More Loadouts
    • Tournaments and Ranking
    • Console Version
    • Human Night Vision
    • Award & Trophy System
    • Statistics Display (Out of Game)
    • More Skin Variation
    • Water Bomb For Humans
    • Echolocation In Other Skill Slot
    • Daily Quests
    • Two Player Combo Attacks
    • Players vs. Enemies Mode
    • Day & Night Cycles
    • HP Damage Displays
    • Blood Gout For Vampires
    • Merge Freeport Central Jetties
    • Holiday-Themed Skins
    • Prestige System
    • Gender Counterparts
    • Increased Health Options
    • Selling/Trading Items
    • Skin Switch During Loadouts
    • Crashing Auto-Rejoin
    • Tie-Breaker Information
    • Gifting Store
    • Betting Mode
    • Spectator Mode
    • Smarter Deceiver Illusions
    • Fall Prevention
    • Generic Faction Abilities
    • Camera Zoom Using Mouse Wheel
    • Seperate Mouse Sensitivity Sliders Per Class
    • Teamwork Bonuses
    • Map Builder
    • Sprint Toggle
    • Customisable Weapon/Ability Trees
    • Private Games
    • Buffs Dependent on Number of Vampires in Vicinity
    • Nosgoth Map For Game Map Selection
    • Pre-Purchase Weapon/Ability Test Mode
    • Sentinel Hover
    • Kill Streak Rewards
    • Mix & Match Skins
    • More Grapple Points
    • Executable Body Timer
    • Semi-Transparent Full Minimap Toggle Option
    • Humans Auto-Vault Over Small Obstacles
    • Purchasable 30 Day Boosters
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 6th Aug 2014 at 10:59.

• Executions of Vampires by Humans
    How? You mean I can press 'X' upon dead vampire body??!

• Level-Based Unlockable Skins
    I would guess it also concern Deceiver skin tho its not ready yet, right?
    signature image

Wait we can execute vampires as humans? Pressing X doe snot seem to do it.

Please respond

ok it seems a little clarification might be required here (and I even had to ask), but no there is not a special 'press x' animation to finish off a downed vamp for extra xp or anything just yet. What has been implemented is a number of gorier, nastier deaths for the vampires.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

I only started playing maybe two days ago but I think the close quarters combat is really one sided. As a vampire once you're within maybe 10 ft of an opponent you're pretty well assured of killing them. For instance, the reaver's swiping range is greater than a human's ability to dive roll away, I've noticed this is the case with most all vampire melee attacks. Are there any plans in the future for humans to have some sort of defense from being picked up by sentinels? That's not to say completely stop a sentinel from grabbing you but having some sort of way to fight back and having a chance at not automatically being dropped from the maximum height. Also while playing as alchemist it seems that sunlight vial has no effect on charging tyrants, or a charging tyrant that's just hit a wall.

Aside from a few tweaks that could be made this game has been really fun, I can't wait to see what changes will be implemented next.

Great noted suggestions! Looking forward to the next patch!

Originally Posted by Xeirith
    I only started playing maybe two days ago but I think the close quarters combat is really one sided. As a vampire once you're within maybe 10 ft of an opponent you're pretty well assured of killing them. For instance, the reaver's swiping range is greater than a human's ability to dive roll away, I've noticed this is the case with most all vampire melee attacks. Are there any plans in the future for humans to have some sort of defense from being picked up by sentinels? That's not to say completely stop a sentinel from grabbing you but having some sort of way to fight back and having a chance at not automatically being dropped from the maximum height. Also while playing as alchemist it seems that sunlight vial has no effect on charging tyrants, or a charging tyrant that's just hit a wall.

Aside from a few tweaks that could be made this game has been really fun, I can't wait to see what changes will be implemented next.
    I think you didn't play the game long enough yet.

1. Humans are already pretty strong. In games with experienced players, more often than not humans will have the upper hand. They don't need any further improvements. If you let a vampire come close to you, then that's your mistake. But even in close range humans can out-damage vampires if they use their abilities correctly.

2. There already is a way to stop a Sentinel from grabbing you. Throw a bola at him, it will make him fall to the ground and be easy prey. There are also other abilities that will lead to a Sentinel falling to the ground. Just improve your aim.

Good point....I noted that there are "fixed/mounted" bayonets on the Hunter's crossbows, but they pretty much sit there for decoration/eye candy. It would be nice to see a "lunging" feature so that it will give more attack reach for the Hunters against the melee attacks. Just my two-cents worth...thanks!

Here are a few quality of life / game play suggestions I would add that I did not see mentioned. I will list them per class.

General

1.Get rid of post kill cams that show the enemy that just killed you. They ruin strategic play and reward Call Of Duty style games that are meant to be played like an individual this is not a Call of Duty game it is team strategy they have no place here.

2. Diminishing returns on stuns, currently you can link stuns from several classes making an instant kill combo where the enemy has no chance to manuver away eliminating counter play and fun, an example would be Several Tyrant slams from multiple tyrants in a row. If you change the way this works it would not form a combo but rather just apply the damage but not the mini stun. Enemies would get a window of immunity to a stun. This would apply a symbol over their head allowing you to determine when they were immune so as not to confuse teams and also to allow effective timing of follow up stuns as opposed to dropping them all in a row with impunity there would be skill and coordination involved.

3. A clan wars battle mode. The lore states at one time humans were slaves and the factions of vampires warred amongst themselves so you could do a game mode that was based off of that premise where Vampires and Humans are effectively on the same team and waring against rival clans allowing for the meta to be broken up. In this war mode you could make teams using any units available in the game with the rule being you had to have half vampire and half human team. Since it is a clan war you could make it an objective based game type like a bomb run where you blow up the enemy base or assasinate the enemy commander NPC.

Vampires

1. Reavers, they currently have 2 smoke options one gives them kill potential by doing damage over time the other clouds the enemies vision and is better for overall team play. Currently almost every reaver I see play that has the poison cloud unlocked however ignores the black smoke making it a direct upgrade instead of it being an option I think to balance the two more the black smoke should not only mark targets but also slow the enemies movement and drop the enemies sound to zero while in it and a few seconds outside. This would give it a highly valuable tactical use allowing you to position unheard and keep the enemy locked in place for a follow up by your team making it more on par with the poison damage cloud.

2. Tyrant, The tyrant's Leap slam should add a bezier curve similar to the one you see in most games that show the trajectory of a lobed grenade. This will allow them to aim the ability more reliably and guage it's use in a team fight. Throw should allow a tyrant to aim the direction the enemy is thrown in and the height so that you could throw an enemy up into the air or onto a building , now imagine if a sentinel was flying by with kidnap you could essentialy throw an enemy into his waiting arms or throw an enemy toward a reaver crouching in a pounce for some crazy damage combos.

3.Sentinels, Echo Location is currently useless but could be made better if it actually caused a loud sound wave in the area it was done in. The scream could cause an effect on enemies in the AOE that dropped all of their sound to zero for 8 seconds in effect defening them allowing your team a chance to sneak in without sound being a factor.

4. Deciever, Team fortress has made the process of "spychecking" an enemy a staple of the genere essentially making their deception ability useless. A better way of implementing it would be to allow the deceiver to use it as a ranged move to essentially swap bodies with a human the deception would be cast on a human player who would then look like a vampire and take damage from other humans but not vampires the vampire would then take human form and take no damage from humans but take damage from vampires so you could in effect be harmed by your own teams aoe if you do not use it effectively increasing the risk and reward untill the effect wore off. This would sow chaos on the battle field where teams would end up attacking and killing their own people when it was in use. This ability should also cut off the human players voice chat and text chat feature when activate on them and remove their human nameplate. Dominate mind should increase the movement speed of the dominated player allowing for camping human teams to be broken up more effectively.

Humans

All human classes

Headshots should offer more damage then body shots.

1. Hunter, The hunter needs an effective range nerf. shooting enemies from accross the map with a crossbow makes little to no sense. the crossbow should function more like a sub machine gun in shooter games more then like a rifle. The spread should be significantly larger at higher ranges. The stun from a whip should be longer stun, also hunters should be able to grab Reavers that have pounced allies off of them with the whip like they can grab climbing enemies off of walls.

2. Alchemist, their healing field needs to also slow enemies that run through it so it has a duel defensive purpose otherwise losing a defensive capability makes them too vulnerable compared to the other human healer the prophet. The poison mist should also greatly slow enemies allowing it to be a more effective defensive tool when deployed.

3.Prophet, The range on duel pistols needs a nerf as again full range sniping across map on pistols makes little to no sense. The shot spread should make them so inacurate at long range they are near impossible to hit. The size of Draining curse needs a buff and the duration of Disabling curse needs to be as long as draining curse. It is curreently so brief it is never used by anyone also it's aoe needs a buff as well. Eldritch shield also needs a self cast option if you hold down the activation key making it more versitile.

4.Scouts, Camo should not start to fall off unless the scout moves in effect offering them permanent invis as long as they stay in the same spot. it should drop briefly when a shot is fired then reapply if they havn't moved. This would help their roof sniping because as it is it is near impossible to survive on a roof when you have 3-4 enemies rushing you from varying angles including flying in from the sky and you are stuck in a zoomed in perspective. Camo should also last 12 seconds instead of the current timer when moving. Grapple should have a defensive use as well if fired at an enemy Sentinel the scout should be able to teather their legs. The scout would lose control of his weapon but be able to move around and pull the sentinel on the leash while the effect lasted giving his allies a chance to attack him. If fired at an enemy Reaver the grapple should stop a pounce in mid air and allow the scout to yank the reaver to the ground. This would make it a skill based defensive move. The trap ability should allow for 4 traps to be placed before going on cooldown allowing more choke points to be secured and making the skill better overall in it's current state it is near useless. Sniping headshots should knock flying and leaping enemies out of the sky because of the skill involved in the shot. The war bow should offer a significant increase in melee damage to the scout as well as it's current traits.
    Last edited by SilentShadowStalker; 13th Aug 2014 at 12:56.

That's a very good list. Add these please

-Seperate Heads/helmets/masks from the rest of the skin. Other features such as different packs for alchemists, different gauntlets for reaver etc would be welcome too.
    - Colour customisation of skins.

At some point in the future, when we have all the evolved appearances out:
    it'd be pretty grand to see alternate evolved appearances
    Or something further than evolved appearances. Like The more extreme "devolved" changes seen in soul reaver.

Originally Posted by Innocent_Flower
    That's a very good list. Add these please

-Seperate Heads/helmets/masks from the rest of the skin. Other features such as different packs for alchemists, different gauntlets for reaver etc would be welcome too.
    - Colour customisation of skins.

At some point in the future, when we have all the evolved appearances out:
    it'd be pretty grand to see alternate evolved appearances
    Or something further than evolved appearances. Like The more extreme "devolved" changes seen in soul reaver.
    I want to see variants on the evolved skins too. I don't mean entirely different body and head shapes. A few bits of different armor or at least some alternate colours would do.

I know the developers said there wouldn't be, but I really hope they change their minds. It can wait until late during open beta or post release if need be and if Daniel is already coming back for the other evolved skins, you can always discuss colour schemes then.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Thanks for the game! Its awesome!

By playing and noting that it's still in development! Well. I would REALY LOVE to see when i die, how much damage i did in this round! I dont care who did damage to me, I wanna see to whom i did damage. REALY. Cos now i have to chek every time the overall damage and count in my head. So that would be VERY useful.

Anyway. Is there going to be a workshop? I would love to make some map for the game probably. If there is going to be other game modes. Now its just death match. But something more objective oriented. And not capture point or flag. But assault type thing like in UT99 if you know that.

Yea and last thing. What is the point of gold if i cant do anything with it

Yea. And other thing. When i got ITEM in my inventory for getting to level 5 with a monster. I got an item. But it didnt show anywhere. I just randomly got in inventory and discovered that hey, everybody gets an item at level 5 and 10. There should be some note or something saying that i have new stuff in the inventory...

Thanks

You can spend gold on abilities, weapons and perks. You can choose temporary or permanent options.

I would love to make some map for the game probably. If there is going to be other game modes. Now its just death match. But something more objective oriented. And not capture point or flag. But assault type thing like in UT99 if you know that.
    Did you try Siege? That is more objective oriented (new game modes are coming as well).

When you open your class reward it should appear in your inventory.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 14th Aug 2014 at 18:30.

Upgrade the party system, I've invited my friend to play with me about 50 times in which he joins my party, I click "Play" and we get in 2 different games. Very aggravating.

Awesome! A lot of my suggestions I would have posted are in this list. One that I have right now (I don't know if you already know it, have it in there and I didn't see it) but when you have a skin for a character, have that skin bust show up in game in the top-left corner instead of the default busts. It is not high priority, but it would add to the aesthetic of the game. ^^

Yea i tried siege! It kind of doesnt fit the vampire theme at all. I myself tried to think of something vampire theme oriented with some different objectives. Probalby castles or something. Maybe need to watch some vampire movies for inspiration

But anyway. About that inventory thing, yea i know it appears in my inventory! BUT! How can i know that from main screen. It doesnt flash me " You have a new item" Or say anything. I could have a thousand new items in my inventory but i would never know because i just dont push that button. It has to flash when it has something new or something. That was what i ment...

Thanks for reply

Vanu

WOW amazing game
    Almost all the additions I want are listed above

Dont know if its already listed above sorry if it is but i suggest:skins and armor can be bought for gold too, ranked and unranked matches, more game modes.

First of all, thanks for this game, it's pretty awesome and it has rekindled my love for the Soulreaver games.

However I have some suggestions based on personal experience regarding the game play.

I think that the sentinel should be able to fly upwards without having the camera look straight into the sky as grabbing a human and not being able to see where you drop them is rather annoying and can make for some bad drops. Maybe an alternate button to let them fly upwards? Also I like the noise that plays when a sentinel grabs someone haha quake flashbacks.

I think the Reaver might be a bit too powerful, either his damage is too high or his health is too high. Lowering either of those would be ideal, as Reavers are able to just melee spam away and take ridiculous amounts of punishment. They can go toe to toe with a Hunter and win because the amount of control they have while swinging completely negates any dodge roll capabilities of the Hunter, and the air control also acts as a dodge from Hunter's abilities and fire. The Reaver is able to move from the left to the right flank of a Hunter in one swing. Experienced Reavers can take out a Hunter (more so other classes like Scout and Alchemist) with just his standard melee with the use of feinting by using charging attacks in combination of the ridiculous air control and wide sweeps of the melee attack. Not to mention landing that charge attack will take him down even faster. In conjunction to that, people tend to panic when being swiped at, so they typically roll to the side or backwards in an attempt to evade the swipes. Unfortunately, the air control and the wide sweeps mean they will take the hit regardless, and it means rolling is typically a bad idea in this situation. Which is pretty counter intuitive. The melee swipes of other vampires seem to have pretty good air control and forward lunging as well, but I haven't seen as much of the spam you get from Reavers, or at least not with nearly as much success.

Also the Tyrant's charge is pretty wonky in that if he so much as caresses an object with the tip of his elbow while charging he'll bounce off of it like a rubber ball on concrete going mach 1. Maybe fix his collisions a bit? I don't know. It's pretty funny though.

Now on the human's behalf, (I think this has been mentioned before) the Hunter's crossbow and Prophet's pistols should have some serious damage fall off at range. At least severely reduced from the cross map range they have now. Also a lot of the area denial abilities the human's have such as the Alchemist's fire wall and Scout's arrow volley should do some friendly fire damage. Because it's very easy for the team to stack these abilities on one place and have team mates stay in the areas for a very good defense and deterrent from vampires. Maybe halve the damage from stacked abilities of the same type, so instead of doing 2x damage it does 1.5x or even just 1x damage. Vampires drop like rocks if caught in these areas in combination with sustained fire from the humans as well, and it can be unfair in my opinion.

Keep in mind most of these opinions are based on my experience. Against good and bad players alike. I have not done any thorough testing with each of the class's abilities against each other so please take this with a grain of salt.

That's all I have to say for now. Still need to try the Prophet and Deceiver and looking forward to the new classes as well. Keep up the good work.

But anyway. About that inventory thing, yea i know it appears in my inventory! BUT! How can i know that from main screen. It doesnt flash me " You have a new item" Or say anything
    If you order your items by newest, it will be the first one on the list.

the humans must to be more powerful

I think the hunter or scout should have something like a net, similar to the bola except the vampire can break out of its so its fair, but it makes the vampire unable to move unless they break out of it. I also Agree with Rye beams that there should be some sort of fall off damage or arrow drop at long range as when using a sentinel and flying around you can be shot at the top of the map all the way across from the other humans which discourages the actual use of them which is flying around and scouting or kidnapping.
    Another suggestion i have is some form of Armour or damage resistance, the deceiver is extremely powerful and has no real risk of just going in between targets since hes so jumpy. he should have to plan his attack and be careful not to get caught and be very weak. the same goes for the tyrant but opposite of course, he should be a bit stronger maybe just a higher hp pool but should be able to take a bit of a beating, recently hes been kinda okay but i don't see him used a whole lot.
    Oh and for a gamemode suggestion, i think there should be like an 8v8 or something big and cool like that where its an open arena or a city or something big!
    Last edited by eisawesome; 16th Aug 2014 at 17:18.

I was just thinking how I wouldn't want to player eSports much personally, but betting gold on those who do could be very interesting. It would be awesome if a betting mode could be themed around Zehpon. It seems appropriate for him somehow.

I'd be wary of allowing betting runestones because that translates to actual cash. However, if it were funding a new single player game then maybe it would be worth it.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'd be wary of allowing betting runestones because that translates to actual cash. However, if it were funding a new single player game then maybe it would be worth it.
    For legal reasons, it's highly unlikely betting Runestones will ever be an option!

Been playing quite a bit lately and the changes I would love to see would be:

Don't Automatically Show Enemy Health
    Instead of showing enemy health make a skill to grant the team vision. Deceiver/Prophet both seem alright choices to me for the classes that would have it. You could even make it to where the Deceiver can randomize the health shown to the humans to trick them into targeting stronger opponents.

Get Rid of Cool downs
    Just use cast timers. It would make close combat more effective for humans. Vamps are super great melee and they should be, but cool downs just make everything feel slow and dumb. I have a whip, let me whip this vamp jerk in the face as often as i can swing this thing.

The set up time for most the vamp skills is pretty long, I don't like that I have to both wait for the set up and cool down for my skills to work.

Another suggestion would be to make each character special, what I mean is that if a charcters special skills are just gadgets, let them have a number of them, you could either make them recharge or force the player to run to a health/ammo pack to refill. For "skill" like abilities they could have an energy bar, that would recharge over time. Each use cost so much energy. Allow vamps to gain extra energy when feeding.

Scout Reload Feel Silly
    I keep pulling arrows out of my quiver and about 5 shots I gota stretch my arm before I can continue shooting? He feels most effective when using his draw ability and that takes a long time. I feel like he should not have to reload. Make his normal shots do slightly less to make up for the fire speed.

Humans Don't Need Melee
    A melee class feels wrong, I would say make a shotgun class. The game feels great IMO. I love the difference in tactics that both teams have. A shot gun class with a strong melee skill would be awesome and fit with what you have going on with the game currently.

Vamps Don't Need Ranged
    Vamp tactics are pretty solid, I feel like giving them ranged is out of place and unnecessary. I think they could use an awesome support vamp, one that could enhance teammates or heal them even. Reveal enemies and enemy health. An AoE knock back would be cool. The prophet has some abilities that I think belong with the vamps to be honest. Hex shot, could be a paralyzing ability for a vamp to shoot a human with. Or with the idea of energy or ammo for skills, you could drain them of that resource.

Anyway these are just my thoughts. I really enjoy the game and can't wait to see where it goes from here. I just think changes like these could make it feel better.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last