Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Skin Giveaway Issues

Skin Giveaway Issues

Skin Giveaway Issues

I seem to be having difficulty unlocking this elusive skin. I wrote a descriptive post here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/200110...75566772601640

Can anyone help with this issue? Can anyone tell me how they got their skin from this event?

* I thought I was editing but accidently posted this thread twice, sorry. I cant seem to find a delete button*
    Last edited by -Mikfail-; 21st Nov 2014 at 17:00.

Hey there

To clarify, did you already have access to the Closed Beta before this?

The keys are intended to give access, and the skin comes with that, they're not intended as codes purely for the skin. I would have to check into that further to see if that would work.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I had beta access & then later the veteran pack access. Some people claim to have unlocked this skin while already having access. I really hope something can be done, thanks.

My main class is alchemist, this is just tearing me up inside :/

man free skin i missed
    signature image

Yeah, thats too bad. I wish it was announced on the blog or on the forums, missed it as well.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    man free skin i missed
    I got a key but it seems existing players can't get the skin anyhow ... disappointing.

I purchased a veteran pack included in the Legacy of Kain Collection on steam, but won a key (including the skin) on a website. Can I have the skin ? I'd like to give the access key to a friend anyway, if possible.

Is there any follow up about the situation with the brimstone skin? Some players who stuck with this game find this disappointing :/

Perhaps I can just make another account, activate the key and trade the skin to my main?

It is not possible to trade items between accounts, currently.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys, but the keys are access keys, rather than skins keys. As you already had access, it wouldn't be able to grant the item, as it's a side effect of granting access with those keys.

Another PC gamer giveaway that includes a skin we won't beable to activate... you guys are killing me here :/

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-free-acce...nosgoth-alpha/

Can you confirm, if we can later trade the skins?

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys, but the keys are access keys, rather than skins keys. As you already had access, it wouldn't be able to grant the item, as it's a side effect of granting access with those keys.
    Sad times - sad times indeed for us current players. I love skins and am gutted

That new giveaway is the same as the old one (it's an extension rather than a whole new giveaway).

It wouldn't be possible to trade them, I'm afraid.

Giveaways for current players though is something we'll be looking at. Not something that extends into this specific giveaway, as it's to give people access to the game, but down the line. Giving away something in-game is quite different to giving access, but something we'd like to do more with

Redeem Key function on website

Hiho ppl, toda i came across Curse's exclusive skin give away, basically you get a key for the gladiators aegis tyrant skin. I already own Nosgoth but i still want that free skin, but when i try to redeem it on the website i just get the success-screen i got after redeeming my original beta key. So what can i do about this? Is it just a bug? Or can i only get the damn skin with making a smurf account? o_O help pls.....i rly want that skin :-|
    lg Nurgor

Not sure if Possible, but today Qzyro posted on steam that theres a Tyrant skin giveaway inc beta key at http://www.curse.com/login?returnUrl...-skin-giveaway

So i've claimed my key there and I could while logging in first at the mainpage, redeem it at redeem a key.
    Someone mentioned on steam it doesnt work for him cause he gets the succes page, something you guys also say.

some extra info taken from steam:
    Originally Posted by neoVictrix
    The skin in question being the Tyrant's Gladiators Aegis skin, which can be seen here:
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...#39;sAegis.png

Edit: It seems to be a beta giveaway as well, similar to how PC Gamer did the beta key giveaway with the Alchemist skin.
    the key claiming resulted to:

(click image to enlarge)
    As you could see a second beta entrance got applied.
    proof i got the skin: http://i.imgur.com/iOIm0hy.jpg

However Ive compared the code and checked the code entry options at your SE profile click: Add New Product.
    Theres an option where the format matches the length of the key 6letters-3digits-6letters-3digits, maybe if someone could try it there and see if that works? Just trying to be helpful cause ive missed the other skin giveaways so i sadly cannot check the final option.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 5th Dec 2014 at 23:22. Reason: Image resized

I'm not quite sure on the details of this give-away - though it sounds similar to another one which happened recently. Please take a look at the PC Gamer BrimeStone Skin Help thread to see if this is the same/similar situation. If it is then sadly the skins aren't unlockable if you currently have access to the game.

Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    Not sure if Possible, but today Qzyro posted on steam that theres a Tyrant skin giveaway inc beta key at http://www.curse.com/login?returnUrl...-skin-giveaway

So i've claimed my key there and I could while logging in first at the mainpage, redeem it at redeem a key.
    Someone mentioned on steam it doesnt work for him cause he gets the succes page, something you guys also say.
    However Ive compared the code and checked the code entry options at your SE profile click: Add New Product.
    Theres an option where the format matches the length of the key 6letters-3digits-6letters-3digits, maybe if someone could try it there and see if that works? Just trying to be helpful cause ive missed the other skin giveaways so i sadly cannot check the final option.
    Tried to activate it on SE profile, but it just said "invalid code", while on the redeem site when i am not logged in yet it says that it is a valid code -.-' a bit frustrating and unfair i think... also not being able to trade items/skins in the future? what kind of multiplayer game is this?!?!?! every other MMO game has a trade option, be it dota, lol, tf2 or any MMORPG, so why not nosgoth?
    Maybe i just dont get it right and sry if that is the case, but atm i feel a bit messed around with... it wouldnt be that bad if the skins were not that expensive or the skins given away were ugly ones, but well.... gonna have to do a smurf now yay.... -.-'' also what the hell, i bought 4 founder packs and now i cant get 1!!!!! damn skin for free?!?!?!.... nosgoth... rly pathetic
    Last edited by Bazielim; 14th Dec 2014 at 10:14.

I got immortal pack on a discount sale and veteran pack from a bundle, i'm not a rich person. It's a little unfair a new player looks more badass for free only for have a good timming and i have to pay A LOT more for the same. Common, i already got the key, nobody can use it now, costs nothing to the team give us the skin.

@Admins How to activate a key ?

Hey there. Curse is giving away Nosgoth beta keys+Skins. http://www.curse.com/betas/nosgoth-e...-skin-giveaway
    How do I redeem them ?
    If I go to www.nosgoth.com/redeem/key I only get the message that I successfully registered for Nosgoth, but I want the skins :X

Hello, you should be able to see the skin in the game´s inventory after you have done that, I believe.

Exclamation Account problem!

Hello guys,

I saw today the nosgoth skin giveaway by curse and i got a key. The problem is i usually log in via facebook or steam but now i can't remember my security question so i can reset the password and claim the key! Can anyone help me ?
    It is also wierd because i have saved the password i had for my account but now it seems not to be working

PLEASE!!!!!

PS I already have access to the game so the code for the skin will work right ?
    Last edited by Diothorn; 6th Dec 2014 at 20:19.

Probelem fixed guys, everything good now

Will you tell us how? The other threads said the skins cant be unlocked with existing accounts...
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

I sadly missed out on the Alchemist giveaway, but I did grab a Tyrant key and got it to work. First log into the Nosgoth website then Redeem your key and it should work.

I got one of those skins to work. I logged into the Nosgoth website THEN redeemed the key and it worked flawlessly.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 14th Dec 2014 at 10:15. Reason: double posting - please use the edit feature

no still doesnt work, still the damn stupid success page whenever i log in and click on redeem key. oh wait... ah i get it, nosgoth makes difference between users... you dont get a free skin -.-' rly tired of this, and i can bet that the only answer, if we get an answer at all from the devs/SE will be: "Sry, its still beta, things are bound to not work for everyone." so tired of this -.-''
    Last edited by Bazielim; 14th Dec 2014 at 10:17.

Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    I got one of those skins to work. I logged into the Nosgoth website THEN redeemed the key and it worked flawlessly.
    Well then you are one of the few lucky ppl that dont get the success page when they try to redeem the skin key AFTER they logged in OR redeem the skin first and log-in in the process, doesnt matter the way, nosgoth makes differences between players. .... it feels like that at least, and all the ppl who cant get it to work will get no compensation at all, like everytime nosgoth makes differences between players
    Last edited by Bazielim; 14th Dec 2014 at 10:12.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last