Thread: Why I'm NOT buying this game!

Why I'm NOT buying this game!

Exclamation Why I'm NOT buying this game!

Was thinking about buying this game. Checked out the Steam Commuity forums, click here for link. Came across this guy on the Steam forums. He is totally ON POINT! I agree with everything this guy says!

I will choose to buy JC2 based on that guy's probability conditions.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Ok, let me get this straight? You are not getting this game but you are getting this game?

You must remember that this game was designed as an action game, not a sim. The BF series mentioned was designed as a FPS with a sim aspect for the vehicles which fit the gameplay. Having completed this game 3 times (rare for me to play through any game multiple times) I would say the controls fit the gameplay perfectly for this game.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Ok, let me get this straight? You are not getting this game but you are getting this game?

You must remember that this game was designed as an action game, not a sim. The BF series mentioned was designed as a FPS with a sim aspect for the vehicles which fit the gameplay. Having completed this game 3 times (rare for me to play through any game multiple times) I would say the controls fit the gameplay perfectly for this game.
    I think you largely missed the point of what I was trying to say in the Steam Community forum I linked to in my first post.

Read the post again, please. In its current state, it's highly unlikely that I'm going to buy.

Not asking for sim-quality gameplay. BF2 vehicles are not even sim, they are arcade-ish and unrealistic as hell.

I don't think you understand the concept of analog controls, vs discrete binary movement controls.

Real sim is DCS. I'm not asking for sim. I'm not asking for realism. I'm just asking for more accurate analog control of jets and helicopters combined with analog yaw for jets.

Just my opinion on the matter, but I can almost guarantee you that Avalanche will not be altering or adding anything to Just Cause 2 anymore. Support for this game died years ago. That doesn't mean it still isn't fun as is, I've sunk over 100 hours into the game myself. Bought all the DLC too.
    signature image

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I understood that. My bad choice of wording. What I said still stands though, the controls fit the gameplay. I do understand that you feel they could have control over the vehicles but as Zooboy said, the game has been out for several years. It is very unlikely those options would be added. Perhaps in the sequel if there is enough requests or at least an option.