Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: What should EM do with Thief?

What should EM do with Thief?

Originally Posted by brethren
    I don''t have any numbers to back it up or anything, but I wouldn't consider Thief a cash cow. I don't believe any of the Thief games have been blockbuster hits. The gameplay overall just doesn't seem to appeal to the mainstream. I doubt that Thief will ever be an Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty type game, as far as sales go. Not enough action for the Gen Y-ers or Millennials.
    Although Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty may be doing well, I personally don't see much of a future for those series in terms of fresh ideas. I think it has about run it's course and will be put out to pasture. Thief on the other hand, although mainstream interest might have shrunk, the enthusiasm for this series is still pretty strong overall in my opinion just like for Deus Ex and should generate modest profits for the developer for quite awhile.
    Last edited by sneaksietaffer; 14th May 2015 at 22:12.

They should fix the huge audio problems in the 2014 game to restore customer faith before doing anything else. Who will trust them next time if they continue to ignore bugs?

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234