Thread: Tomb Raider Multiplayer

Tomb Raider Multiplayer

Hi all,

I'm the guy that made the multiplayer modification as part of the Tomb Raider Mod Launcher (see my website for more information).

This is just a place where I will from time to time post some updates about the project.

The aim of the Tomb Raider Mod Launcher is to provide a more modern alternative to the other tools available such as TRNG (Tomb Raider Next Generation) or TREP (Tomb Raider Engine Patcher).

The purpose of the mod launcher is to let us do what these tools do but in a dynamic way, through scripting languages like squirrel is the main way.

The script could check if your health is under 50% and then spawn a baddy for example dynamically. Instead of all the pointless "conditionals" and many other flip effects that TRNG has added.

With scripts you could for example render images in the future or boxes or lines or whatever to the game. Possibly loading a model from a file rather than repeating Lara perhaps? Or switching Lara's skin during the map. Do not expect any of this functionality any time soon though.

The Twitter account associated with this is @trmodlauncher if anyone is interested in following it.

Question

actually, I do have a question about the multilayer. I can't never seem to get it too work. How does that work exactly? Do I have to search for players on line or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Quina_C View Post
    actually, I do have a question about the multilayer. I can't never seem to get it too work. How does that work exactly? Do I have to search for players on line or something?
    The servers are not up all the time as my PC isn't currently left running.

You can host your own server (checkout the Wiki) although its a daunting task right now (might be best to wait until the tutorial is updated or there is an example setup server provided as a zip file).

jack9267.duckdns.org:22000 should be a valid server when my PC is on which is not right now.

In the future there should be a server browser to pick servers or lobbies to connect to.

Does this server ( jack9267.duckdns.org:22000 ) need a code?? ( Btw , which Wiki?? )

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    Does this server ( jack9267.duckdns.org:22000 ) need a code?? ( Btw , which Wiki?? )
    No password codes or anything.

Here is the wiki.

Should be linked to on the main site.

It sais '' failed to contact multiplayer server'' . I followed the steps in the wiki , but it doesen't work.....

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    It sais '' failed to contact multiplayer server'' . I followed the steps in the wiki , but it doesen't work.....
    The server is running right now but sometimes my PC is off then it isn't going to connect if you want to have it work host your own server or try connecting now to the public server.

My IP address changed for jack9267.duckdns.org I updated it now the server will work ...

Mistake post