Thread: Blue Frame in wadmerger

Question Blue Frame in wadmerger

How do I turn the frame in wanderer blue?

You see on the frame numbers, the numbers are highlighted blue, like on Animation 170.

Blue frames are StateID change frames.
    So they turn blue when you add a StateID change to frames (the little 1->2 button in Animation Editor)
    If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Titak View Post
    Blue frames are StateID change frames.
    So they turn blue when you add a StateID change to frames (the little 1->2 button in Animation Editor)
    OH!! I never knew that! And in this state-id change menu, is what I'll need to use when creating new animations for new objects?

Yes, but chances are it won't always work.
    See, there's a reason we need to script new moves for Lara: not all StateID chances are accepted in all animations.

My guess is it will be the same for enemies.
    I'd say the best chance of making a new enemie work, is to follow the animationslots and the StateID changes of the original enemy of that object slot.
    Like for example, the original enemy has its runnign animation in slot1, then the new enemy shoudl also have its runnign animation in slot1, with the same StateID and with the same StateID changes assigned to it.
    If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Titak View Post
    Yes, but chances are it won't always work.
    See, there's a reason we need to script new moves for Lara: not all StateID chances are accepted in all animations.

My guess is it will be the same for enemies.
    I'd say the best chance of making a new enemie work, is to follow the animationslots and the StateID changes of the original enemy of that object slot.
    Like for example, the original enemy has its runnign animation in slot1, then the new enemy shoudl also have its runnign animation in slot1, with the same StateID and with the same StateID changes assigned to it.
    That makes sense.